• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can't play multiplayer as Win 7 standard user

whenever i play game, i right click on the desktop, click Personalize, then change it to Windows Classic under Basic And High Contrast Themes

i had that same issue til i started doing that
Win7 likes to take up a lot of RAM and whatnot to run right, and that doesn't mash well with some games i guess, not sure

but it changes your theme to like the old theme Windows had forever ago and takes up less memory

just change it back when you're done playing

shouldn't be an issue

Upvote 0
can you try and right click kf and go to properties. And check if you can run the game in "administrator" mode or whatever its called.

And make sure that under security, all users are given full access.

I did as you said. This error message still appears when I try to join any game:

An unknown Steam error is preventing you from connecting to this server.

What's odd is when I launch kf, it just opens without connecting to steam, in which case I can't open server browser at all. If I do connect to steam, that message appears.

Could be something other than admin privileges, though. I uninstalled it when I was admin, then reinstalled after switching to standard user.

:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0