• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Wow some great new screenshots! Things are really coming together.

I do have one observation though -- it appears that many of these are posed shots. I simply can't see why they would be actual animations because some of the poses in these shots would only occur in very specific situations. Like the shot with the soldier with his arms crossed, or the one with the commander raising his arm in the air (as if to say, "This way boys!"). Are these actual animations or are these models just posed for these screenshots? Or are these cut scene screenshots?
Its definitely posed screens if you noticed there are 2 screen shots with exactly same poses of a MG gunner PPSh solger and a rifleman holding the helmet. On The one you talking about with the officer pointing in "follow me style" you can see them from the back and couple screens forward (street fight) it's the same lads but from front . Sorry to say but that looks like posed screens. Wich is still WAY better then nothing! So thank you TWI.
An other thing that i didn't like is Russian uniform looks like sweaters for god sake hope they will change the texture a bit.

Upvote 0
Jesus, you're impatient as hell ... no wonder people get pissed at your posts.

Oh yea, this is totally just like the development of a mod which has no paid labor and only a few very active developers. Why didn't I see the resemblance before? Seriously.

why should people be pissed at some of my posts? feedback can't always be positive but it should always be honest. that's why when i post, i have the balls to say the things that most all of you are really thinking but are too afraid to post it. i'm not going to waterdown my true sentiments simply because it's not always so "uplifting" ;)

"antsy pantsy" is not really a good discriptor, more like slowly growing impatient with the lack of straightforwardness in regards to the progress being made on the game. "impatient as hell" would have been me posting "zomg where is my game?! it's been a year since you announced it!" which notice, that's not quite the tone i used. ;) the "RnL" comparision was made soley to get the point across that progress is taking a lot longer than what the majority of people had initially expected. don't stretch it and attempt to make it worth anymore than what it was.

btw, anyone who has the ignorance to call me out can go through and read my 2000+ posts and compare the "positive-negative" post ratio....you'll see that (guestimation) 85-90% of my posts would be considered "positive" as opposed to "negative". maybe some of you should stop singling out specific posts in attempts to make individuals, like myself for example, look like douchebags. that's a hell of a lot more disrespectful than a person like me posting a few direct but sometimes "negative" questions/concerns/observations/suggestions. ;)

to avoid any more derailment of this thread, i've started a new thread to further discuss Yoshi's statement. it can be found here: [URL="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=584557#post584557"][URL]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=584557#post584557[/URL]

appologies for not doing it earlier.

now back on topic......the screenshots are awesome. that is all :D[/URL]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think some people here do have a valid point about constant complaining. Of course you wouldn't expect fans to be synchophantic and always post positive responses to news. There are those in this community that seem to complain almost constantly in every thread, and continue to beat dead horses on asked and answerered questions. Some people seem to believe it is their goal in life to "bring everyone back to earth" when too many people are making positive posts by going negative constantly. Balanced feedback is good, as is "honest" feedback. But these people might want to have a look at themselves and determine if the community is actually better served by their overwhelming negativity and never-ending ranting about the same things.

Personally, i'd be happy to see some positive feedback allowed in a thread just once without someone making it their mission to "bring everyone back to earth." That's my two cents :)

Upvote 0
Well I don't know anyone here well enough to know who's always being positive and who always negative, but when I do it probably means it's time for a break. :cool:

Again, -[SiN]- bswearer doesn't strike me as a constant nagger and whiner. Doesn't this kind of characterization smacks of personal attack?

Perhaps then we're allowed to make these if we're always positive about the game....oh what fun!

Upvote 0
I don't understand these "it's the end of the world HoS will never be out" posts because... common. It's their job. Everyday they work on it, they have some sort of timetable all planned out. It's not like they are twiddling their thumbs while looking down at the "release game now" button.

Something I hope they do is, focus on the multiplayer portion, and then get a playable closed beta so they can get lots of constructive feedback.

Upvote 0
Holy Hot Dogs! Just tuned in to ROHOS today and found these pics... game's coming along really nicely. These are now all set to cycle through as my desktop background!

That 3rd person Mosin model is brilliant!

Also I love the "at ease" animations. The only thing is how would these fit in multiplayer? Don't people need to be ready to shoot at any given time?:confused: Regardless, they need to be in multiplayer due to utter and complete bad-assness. Perhaps they're AFK animations...?:p

Top 3 favorite screenshots.

1. Pic of rifleman looking out the window at approaching German squad. The lighting effects are epic on the distant Germans and the new Russian uniform is very cool indeed!

2. Pic of 3 Russians bookin' it in the street. Hand on helmet while running???!!! 'Nuff said.

3. Pic of Russian Komandir leading the charge. I hope this "signaling" animation would make it to multiplayer. More visual cues would make the multiplayer experience all the merrier and more immersive.

4. Pic of sniper and strelok propped up on some rubble. Dare I spot a cover system more in depth than I ever hoped to imagine??? Also this looks a lot like this picture from stalingrad. Very cool.
snipers-stalingrad.jpg

5. Okay, clearly I lied. This is a top-5 list. Too many good screenies to keep it to 3. I love environmental pic of the destroyed 3-story building. This map in general looks like it has some intense and beautiful city-sections to fight in! Those leaning telephone poles look pretty cool.

Additional comments: Is that a stove on its side in the indoor pics with the 3 russians and the dead german? Also I'm diggin' the stache on one of the new Russian models.

Upvote 0
you guys do realize they might be from the single player right? thus, scripted animations, etc.

after watching the new video/slideshow with the new screenshots with a snippet of the soundtrack music in the background, i'm pretty certain these are from the single player mode. the combination of the music news and the "unique" animations we see in the new shots makes it look that way.

Upvote 0