• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Starcraft II

Because those ****ers can't just have their game and enjoy it. Who do they think they are?

I think people should be able to enjoy the games they purchase, but I can't help but feel a little worried when I see people who have 5,000 hours of World of Warcraft recorded on Xfire. Considering that humans should be awake around 16 hours a day, they've essentially used an entire year for a single activity. What a time management disaster. Of course there may be certain factors that play into those hours (such as leaving the game on) but they still don't negate the notion that 5,000 hours is excessive.

Anyways, I think Starcraft II looks pretty good. For those in the beta, how well is your performance? In all of the official Starcraft II videos, the game seems to be running very smoothly.

Upvote 0
I have a crappy old rig with an Athlon 64 3000+ (about as fast as a P4 3GHz), 2GB of RAM and a 3650 with 512MB. The game defaulted around medium details at 1680*1050. It ran smooth for every skirmish I've been in so far. In the bigger fights it bogs down a bit but despite the low framerate it stays surprisingly responsive.
Can't complain. If I were to compare it to another game, it runs about as good as Dawn of War on my machine.

Doesn't mean that if you can barely run DoW you can run Starcraft II, but if you can run DoW with maxed out details (minus AA and AF) it's a pretty safe bet that you can run StarCraft II with medium details.

Upvote 0
[rage]

Protoss can go **** themselves with thier mother****ing sentries blocking my ****ing ramp. Then if I somehow survive the sentry abuse it's a whole nother tech of me getting *****ed. High templar sniping my ****ty *** infesters than collosi having a BBQ buffet with my roaches and hydras.

[/rage]

ZvT is really fun though!

Lol I haven't won a game against Protoss yet.

Upvote 0
I don't know why you guys are *****ing about "1/3 game". What it means is instead of getting 10 missions per side (or whatever it was in SC1) you're getting a full game's worth, so ~30 or so. Just means more content. So 90 total. And like Murphy said, the multiplayer will be compatible across all 3.

Really hope the paying monthly thing isn't true though, that'll seriously jeopardize my buying this. Hope you're right about that "only in Russia" thing.

Wrong, according to the last blizzard blizzcon they said that it works like brood war did. separate lobbies and servers. So what you are going to have is splintered communities.

Upvote 0
w00t

*prays to the steam god for download version*

i'm not entirely positive but i dont think this will happen. blizzard doesnt need to give any profits to valve.

Wrong, according to the last blizzard blizzcon they said that it works like brood war did. separate lobbies and servers. So what you are going to have is splintered communities.

yeah i linked earlier to this. its true. the only positive i guess is that there will probably be so much of a gap between each game that it won't be too bad. the game is so good i think i may rescind some of my earlier gripes about not getting it as long as its not a blatant scam and there's no subscription or DRM crap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well the beta is ending later today. I will not buy the game unless they fix pretty much everything on this list:

• Battlenet 2.0 is terrible. For all it's new innovations it's still a terrible online experiance. There are no chat channels planned. This is horrible for the community. Now smaller clans, communites and tournaments will have to use third party programs like IRC. I can't stress enough how bad this is for both competitive play and building small communities.
  • Privacy issues. In order to add someone to your friends list you have to give them your email and then it displays your full name to them on your profile. Battlenet has also tried to add friends from my facebook account tied to my email.
  • Custom maps. Currently they are listed by popularity (games played/hour) which hides many new maps from the community on the 5th or 6th page. This has allowed people to grief the maplist with advertisements and even messages about how much Bnet sucks.
  • Region locking. You will not be able to cross play with Europe/Asia/NA servers unless you buy the game twice.
  • Zero LAN support.

Upvote 0
I pre-ordered the game a while ago when it was cheap in a source that they didn't offer a beta key. I eventually got beta key from Blizzard themselves (luck?) well, I played compulsively a few days as zerg, mastered it quite well, but then i suddenly got bored, it got too repetitive and I recalled the reasons why I didn't play that kind of games anymore.

In the end you have to start always with the same build order to avoid rush... and there would be only little numbers of possible strategies to win, when you've repeated the same things several times, it gets really absurd to play more. Nothing new to see.

So I canceled the pre-order (I was angry that I didn't get it those places that they don't let you cancel but they give you beta invitation, but now I'm really glad I didn't).

Upvote 0
Well the beta is ending later today. I will not buy the game unless they fix pretty much everything on this list:

• Battlenet 2.0 is terrible. For all it's new innovations it's still a terrible online experiance. There are no chat channels planned. This is horrible for the community. Now smaller clans, communites and tournaments will have to use third party programs like IRC. I can't stress enough how bad this is for both competitive play and building small communities.
  • Privacy issues. In order to add someone to your friends list you have to give them your email and then it displays your full name to them on your profile. Battlenet has also tried to add friends from my facebook account tied to my email.
  • Custom maps. Currently they are listed by popularity (games played/hour) which hides many new maps from the community on the 5th or 6th page. This has allowed people to grief the maplist with advertisements and even messages about how much Bnet sucks.
  • Region locking. You will not be able to cross play with Europe/Asia/NA servers unless you buy the game twice.
  • Zero LAN support.

That sounds pretty abysmal, and with the 'Battlenet Monetization' I am thinking they are going to charge subscription for it. These same issues alone are making my Starcraft fanboy friend hold onto his money until it comes out and he sees what it's like.

I can't believe they are splintering the online community with the three different games, smells like a move to try to force people to buy all three if you ask me. The region locking is an absolute bastard as well, makes absolutely no sense as the biggest competitions are almost always in NA so if someone here wants to play in one he'll have to front for a new copy.

What a load of ****!

Last edited:
Upvote 0