• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[WIP] Mosin Nagant Model 1944 Carbine [RO]

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
Model 1944 Carbine Red Orchestra Port

Untitled-12.gif

http://www.filefront.com/16713345/M44BetaFixed.rar

Power:
Primary: Greater than Lever Action, Fires slower, Higher HS Multiplier

Alternate: Bayonet Stab, Faster than axe, slower than katana. High body damage, inferior headshot damage.

As a Berserker, you always had to carry a gun to take care of those pesky crawlers, but that would mean switching from your melee weapon to your gun. That takes precious time and can be dangerous.

So why make things complicated? Pick up a M44 and start stabbing specimens. Now that
[Crawler] is all smug with himself. He thinks that when a Berserker is occupied with clots and gorefasts, he can just hop up and attack your face. Well guess what, now that you're packin an M44, he thought WRONG!

Next time that crawler shows up smirking at you thinking he's boss, you just put a round of 7.62x54
in his forehead to tell him otherwise.

Known Issues & Problems
1. AltFire produces muzzle flash

2. Reloading partial mag
3. Menu Icon displays Lever Action. Will replace with custom image later.
4. Perk support is NOT enabled at this time.

Last edited:
Just back from working. Gonna work on this a bunch tonight.

Adjustments planned or done:
I will make the model a little bigger.
Iron sites will be closer/zoomed so you can use them.
Bayo stab will balanced.
You can not interrupt reloading.(You can't load single bullets, it loads stripper clips.)
Shoots slow but makes up somewhat for a higher HS modifier than lever action and a little more damage.
Price: 450-550? No discounts
Weight: 7-8?

Also, as for mamoo, I'll get to you guys when I have a product worth testing/using ;)

Upvote 0
Hm, the reload of the shooter could use more sounds (if you put the rounds in) and the shooting sound could be a bit more satisfying too.
It sounds so not effective.

Also melee.
The melee needs autofire.
My alternative firebutton is "q" because my middle mouse button is a piece of crap.
Now holding down "q" is quite distracting already but mashing it for consecutive attacks is not really the way to go.
A gun with melee on it sounds good on paper but the controls are a tad too awkward for me.

Maybe the un-ironsighted gun can have melee as primary fire and a shot as a secondary fire?
Dunno, maybe that would make things even more awkward.

Speaking of ironsights, the animation of moving the gun to the center of the screen needs to be sped up and it needs, as said before, less zoom.
I'm also not quite sure but the ironsights sometimes aren't really precise.
Does the gun have spread? If so, it shouldn't.

Also seriously, what is it with inferior melee headshot damage?
Who had that bright idea anyway?
That was a horrible idea for the chainsaw to add and is a horrible idea for any weapon to have.
It should have 100% damage on heads like all non-crap melee weapons do so headless clots don't hug you al the time.

Upvote 0