• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What this game really needs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xolat

Grizzled Veteran
May 30, 2010
...is a single player campaign.

I find it that I have most fun when playing solo on long suicidal, it is much more intense and anxiety ridden, similar to Resident Evil 4.

Now, with the HUGE amount of maps that have accumulated and the RPG-like leveling this would be even better(of course that leveling would be adapted to single player campaign). And it even has an economy.

All these ingredients combined together just ask fro a single player campaign. That would be a terrific game and really its strength.

Btw, I'm still surprised how for an old engine graphics are very sharp at high resolution and maxed setting. Its graphics, rag-doll physics and dismemberment and especially weapon animations look better than most FPS games.

And have you noticed how each weapon has its use, for example AK47 is suitable to use while moving and having ironsights at the same time unlike the other 2 commando weapons, and lever action rifle is great at taking out scrakes and husks.

I hope if you are not planning on creating single player campaign you will for Killing Floor 2, I can only imagine how great the sequel will be with a new engine if it looks so good now.

...is a single player campaign.

I find it that I have most fun when playing solo on long suicidal, it is much more intense and anxiety ridden, similar to Resident Evil 4.

Now, with the HUGE amount of maps that have accumulated and the RPG-like leveling this would be even better(of course that leveling would be adapted to single player campaign). And it even has an economy.

All these ingredients combined together just ask fro a single player campaign. That would be a terrific game and really its strength.

Btw, I'm still surprised how for an old engine graphics are very sharp at high resolution and maxed setting. Its graphics, rag-doll physics and dismemberment and especially weapon animations look better than most FPS games.

And have you noticed how each weapon has its use, for example AK47 is suitable to use while moving and having ironsights at the same time unlike the other 2 commando weapons, and lever action rifle is great at taking out scrakes and husks.

I hope if you are not planning on creating single player campaign you will for Killing Floor 2, I can only imagine how great the sequel will be with a new engine if it looks so good now.
YoYoBatty made a single player campaign.... browse in the modding forum.

Upvote 0
I don't trust anything made by amateurs, it's substandard.
Besides what you are referring to is a flimsily scripted map, not campaign that brings money, perks, leveling, story, maps etc. to a new level of integration and experience which is what single player campaign is all about.

Also, I like to play without a HUD on solo but lack of animations when changing firing modes(auto<-->semi) makes this problematic. Since there is an animation of turning on/off flashlight I was surprised by this. And the ability to load a single shell into a hunting shotgun is also much needed.

Do you plan to add those animations?

Upvote 0

YoYo's campaign and the various story maps out there are neither substandard nor made by amateurs, you open up the SDK for 5 seconds and then tell me they're amateur.

campaign that brings money, perks, leveling, story, maps etc. to a new level of integration and experience which is what single player campaign is all about.

Since when? Of all the games I've played which have single and multiplayer, the singleplayer is just the same as multi except it has bots and a linear storyline.

Also, I like to play without a HUD on solo but lack of animations when changing firing modes(auto<-->semi) makes this problematic. Since there is an animation of turning on/off flashlight I was surprised by this. And the ability to load a single shell into a hunting shotgun is also much needed.

This has to do with what, exactly?

Upvote 0
Besides what you are referring to is a flimsily scripted map, not campaign that brings money, perks, leveling, story, maps etc. to a new level of integration and experience which is what single player campaign is all about.

Do you plan to add those animations?

Did you know the original Killing Floor was a mod, made by an amateur? It just so happened that people liked his work. And it turned into a retail game.

Protect the modding community, good sir.

Upvote 0
LOL, I can't even access it in the map list, it's nowhere to be found after you put it into maps folder...so much for that idea.

EDIT:
I entered it, flashlight is not working and there are no perks...I guess just a few of many aspects of substandardness to expect from this..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well,tripwire int. had a good experience from Killing Floor,and Red Orchestra.Killing Floor is topseller in steam,so Im sure they have enough money for their projects.And if they made KF so cool from nothing,think what they can do now in KF2 with their present resources and money.

Hope,the next engine,which they are going to use wont be Source,cuz if it is so,we wont be able to shoot with such accuracy like in KF1,and it will be like playing ****ty counter strike aka "try to control its recoil,bastard".

Upvote 0
I entered it, flashlight is not working and there are no perks...I guess just a few of many aspects of substandardness to expect from this..

The lack of perks is mandatory for all maps not on the whitelist, you probably don't know what it was like when the only suicidal servers you could get on were KF-Leveling. And the campaign is still in the beta stages, once it becomes final and you find a problem, feel free to call it substandard. It won't stop me thinking you're a complete prick in the meantime.

Oh, and the flashlight does work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And now because of that sentence, i think you're a complete prick.

In fairness, he did slander a hell of alot of hard work by alot of people. I ain't picking sides, I'm staying totally neutral, but when someone says other peoples free fan made work is substandard and of poor quality it does get people riled up.

There is nothing wrong pointing out the problems with peoples work, as long as it is done with alot of carefully chosen words and criticism is constructive, espedcially when its something they care alot about.

For example in YoYoBatty's campaign port, when I gave feedback I ensured the good things were pointed out, and I gave a list of things that could be improved. When the checkpoints weren't functioning I said "The checkpoints don't seem to work properly, the only one I managed to get was at the gate when you first step into west london, which is like a 10 second walk from the start. 9_6 already said it, but 1 checkpoint was working at least". I didn't say "the checkpoints don't work, this is crap".

If people don't use empathy and tact when writing their posts it is only fair to expect them to be regarded as a "prick". Maybe mamoo is in the wrong for the insult, but then Xolat is also in the wrong for the blatant disregard to the effort mamoo and others are putting in.

This is a recurring thing in the forums, and I'm going to point it out. Although it isn't my place to dictate how people should and shouldn't express themselves, just simply being polite goes a hell of a long way. What this game really needs is for people to stop trying to take a pound of flesh out of one another and start trying to work together on making Killing Floor better, which thankfully a few people are starting to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm looking into mission maps to try and make a short single player story for each of the characters.

And if you call it substandard so help me I'll **** your ********* until your **** gets so ****** you won't walk for a ******* week.

Oh really? Obviously Wilkes, Aldrigdge, Glover and Scully, Noble, and Thorne are quite obvious, but I'm interested what you had planned for the others ;)

Might even be part of the initial outbreak in there! I've wanted to see a level of get the hell out of the area alive for this part of the story for ages :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh really? Obviously Wilkes, Aldrigdge, Glover and Scully, Noble, and Thorne are quite obvious, but I'm interested what you had planned for the others ;)

Might even be part of the initial outbreak in there! I've wanted to see a level of get the hell out of the area alive for this part of the story for ages :p

Obviously he hasn't tried to solo one of Fels maps, or he wouldn't be complaining of amateur mappers. I will say there are better wave based mappers out there IMO, but Fel takes the gold when it comes to campaigns.

even if they don't redo the original campaign ever, I wish they would follow Undedds idea. I would love to play a mission based on the beginning of the initial outbreak, just to watch the Zeds rush from the Horzine facility.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.