• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pls,update game type [I want epicly escape on heli,after round end]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceguy

May 27, 2010
Yeap,just killing 10 waves is boring.And the one and only boss sux.But it was cool if you would add new ending to maps,where you have to proceed at the end through zombies,and get in the chopper.
For example:kf_weslondon,heli drops you at the beggining,and it would be great if it will take us back.
kf_offices,as I remember heli do not drops you at start,but it can take you on the top of the building,after the boss was defeated.

I know it is hard to update some of the existing maps,but you can change some of them,or make new maps for escape game mod,but I dont think that is a good idea,making seperate escape game mod,because nothing changes with it.The only thing that changes is that you just go to the heli and leave and there one extra wave.

So,the main ideas
1)Make heli pick you up at the end of the map (if the map is suits for it.Or make alternate ending,or just leave it like it is now)
2)Make extra wave on the escape part (path to the heli)
3)Make it look epic (Thats the main reason =))) )

Posting everything in bold does not increase chances of your idea being implemented.

While an "escape" game mode, fleeing from an infinite amount of ZEDs, looks nice at first glance, it'd have too many flaws and be way too abusable.

What's to prevent someone from farming those unlimited zeds for perk leveling? Because I assume a survival game mode like that has no trader, and as such needs several ammo boxes scattered around.

What if someone dies? He stays dead 'till players escape? And what if someone joins? He gets thrown into the game out of the blue, without knowing where the hell he is?

What would be the background? Your mission on KF's story is to stop the patriarch, and by stop I mean kill. If you kill him, that means you killed most of his ZEDs, and he had to go personally to defend his facilities. That means he has no more ZEDs left (almost). So, an escape game mode would be either: killed patty, lots and lots of zeds spawn or; can't kill patty, must flee.

The former has no background explanation whatsoever, the latter is you being too much of a wuss to do your mission. That's usually frowned upon in the army.

Upvote 0
Hey,first of all,I wanted to diversify the gameplay.Cuz theres no logic if heli drops you on the map,you do your job,and nothing happens next!?*THATS NOT L4D!YOU DO NOT ESCAPE!YOU JUST USE HELI TO MOVE BETWEEN LOCATIONS!*How do you think they do it?Do you think military just drop them to die,and everytime they find new soldiers to do this crappy job.NO!Thers NO LOGIC!Maybe by the KF story line,patriarch is uniqe zm,and every time you play the map like everytime the story is the same,and its just rehashing of it,where you get to map somehow,kill patriarch,and espace somehow.

TRIPWIRE THINK!YOU CAN MAKE MONEY FROM IT!MAPE ESCAPE MOD PACK!JUST SEVERAL MAPS,SEVERAL NEW DLC SKINS,AND 10$ FOR IT!You do almost nothing,and get money for it!

[And BTW,I use bold only because I like how it looks]

Upvote 0
Posting everything in bold does not increase chances of your idea being implemented.

This.

It just tells me its some 12 year old who wants to make sure everyone reads his posts. Its even more annoying when some people do that for every post they make.

except, L4D has people coming out of the closet

LOL yeah, now thats epic. But then again, at least they dont appear from thin air right next to you like in KF lol. At least in some places (Offices, Bedlam)

Upvote 0
Yeap,just killing 10 waves is boring.And the one and only boss sux.But it was cool if you would add new ending to maps,where you have to proceed at the end through zombies,and get in the chopper.

I was thinking that exact same thing as well. 10 waves are boring. And the one and only boss sux. But, if the game ends by the players getting on a chopper then the game is wonderful again..

:confused::confused::confused:

Upvote 0
But i think it's possible to make an escape type map. Like those mission maps, you just go through the map to it's end. Maybe not perfect but possible. Also takes a lot of time to make a good one.
Just don't know where boss wave should be then ;)

Guys we actually already have those maps :) I was wanted a gameplay style where u guys just posted above but it already exists, the two popular maps rite now are damnation and candlesmoke, both are 'mission' type gameplay where u must reach a destination.

Upvote 0
But you do not espace on the chopper.You only get - Congratulations!You survived!.......WOW!We are crappy cluster of noobs who are trying to survive zombie apocalypse with so damn low skill.WOW!We survived,how lucky we are!!!Thats not enough.Maybe it is not so boring as before,but we really need smth new from developers.I AM READY TO PAY FOR IT!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.