• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Worst weapon

Using the weps for the challenge is entirely another thing. That doesnt make them useful. There is no situation where you would prefer using machete over other melee weapons.

LAW instead, that weapon got so many drawbacks that its just utterly useless for serious gameplay. Tho, if you want to have some - eh - fun, then maybe.

But try picking machete and LAW for suicidal and tell me how long you survived.

? I was talking about suicidal indeed, do you thought that i was talking about normal mode or what ? <_< . And yeah, i usually take law AND machette at suicidal . Some people love to take rifle instead of M14, others one Bullpup instead of AK , why not Machette instead of the katana ?

And yeah i'm having fun using these weapons " Holy sh*t! I've Lawned the Patty , look at that !" // " Haha scrake's been machettwned " .

Some people just pick the Machette / Law because they love these weapons, it's not always a matter of fun / challenge .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some people love to take rifle instead of M14, others one Bullpup instead of AK , why not Machette instead of the katana ?

Some people just pick the Machete / Law because they love these weapons
Bullpup has a longer mag and better accuracy which can mean more damage factoring in missed and headshots.

LAR is much cheaper than M14 and can take out FPs usually in under half a mag ish depending on perk, level, and difficulty. Lv6 SS kills FPs on suicidal with 3 headshots from the LAR.

Macheteis only better than Katana in that is costs less, but it also weighs and costs to get compared to the knife. If you were going to get the machete, get a LAR or armor or practically anything else.

LAW takes up all the space everyone except Support, has little ammo, can easily kill you from self damage, and is a tougher than most weapons to use (ie iron sight to fire and takes up lots of screen).

There are decent reasons to use weapons that aren't the best, but machete and LAW are two weapons that no one should ever really use.

Upvote 0
? I was talking about suicidal indeed, do you thought that i was talking about normal mode or what ? <_< . And yeah, i usually take law AND machette at suicidal . Some people love to take rifle instead of M14, others one Bullpup instead of AK , why not Machette instead of the katana ?

Bullpup has a longer mag and better accuracy which can mean more damage factoring in missed and headshots.

LAR is much cheaper than M14 and can take out FPs usually in under half a mag ish depending on perk, level, and difficulty. Lv6 SS kills FPs on suicidal with 3 headshots from the LAR.

These. There are reasons to pick Bullpup over AK, or LAR over m14. Ok, m14 is a bad example because its hugely overpowered but anyway. However, there is absolutely NO reason to pick up machete over katana, not even the fact it costs less because instead of wasting money on machete you can just use your knife the first waves for exact same effect and buy the katana when you have the money. In earlier waves there wont be so many bigger zeds to make machetes increased power any use.

And, there is no reason to use LAW over m79 or m32. Or any other weapon. Heck Ive even rather use Machete over LAW.

Also, you said it doesnt always have to be about "fun" when using either of these weapons, yet you said it yourself you play with them for the laughs :p. Why else would you choose the worst weapons in the game if it wasnt just for the challenge and fun factor?

Im not trying to say that you wouldnt really like these weapons, I just want you to admit they are bad weapons lol. When you look at the pros and cons that is.

Upvote 0
These. There are reasons to pick Bullpup over AK, or LAR over m14. Ok, m14 is a bad example because its hugely overpowered but anyway. However, there is absolutely NO reason to pick up machete over katana, not even the fact it costs less because instead of wasting money on machete you can just use your knife the first waves for exact same effect and buy the katana when you have the money. In earlier waves there wont be so many bigger zeds to make machetes increased power any use.

And, there is no reason to use LAW over m79 or m32. Or any other weapon. Heck Ive even rather use Machete over LAW.

Also, you said it doesnt always have to be about "fun" when using either of these weapons, yet you said it yourself you play with them for the laughs :p. Why else would you choose the worst weapons in the game if it wasnt just for the challenge and fun factor?

Im not trying to say that you wouldnt really like these weapons, I just want you to admit they are bad weapons lol. When you look at the pros and cons that is.

Today i have used the law + the shotgun yes =D , wave 5 to patty's wave that way xD . It wasn't so bad, it has a good blast radius that kill all the ****ty things xD (that was in West, tunnel def).

And originnaly, the LAW was supposed to be picked up only by the support ( Ive readed that somewhere ^^' ) with his 15 slot .
So yeah, m79/m32 > Law as others class than support but imo, Law =/> M79/M32 as Support .
"WTF, you're crazy??" M79 / M32 are great against 5-6 specs packed on a small area and FP, Law is wtflawlilol against large number of specs, as I said below, 24 specs in one hit .

So , as support , Law may have the same schema to ak -> Scar . (Ak lots of bullets, moderate dmg / Scar few bullets , great dmg )

But yes, you've right, it's not a weapon that is picked up by any perks for any situation, it got a lots of cons but he is definitely not as worse as it could be .

Akame said:

Hum, seriously, it takes 2 shot to decap a single clot's head (perk lvl6 suicidal) . So , just by that, you have virtually 50 bullets BUT only 25 will do the final blow (cause you'll need 2 / more than 2 bullets to take down a spec ). I see no good reason to use Bullpup instead of AK, the only AK's cons is his iron sight , much people will prefer the Bullpup's one .
What's the point to make a lots of headshot if it doesn't decaps / kill specs ? Ak got 37 bullets for 37 probably kills (it decaps clots / gore / bloats / stalkers / crawlers if you headshot them) and Bullpup got 50 bullets with 2 to 3-4 bullets to take down the basics one . So it reduce his efficiency to 20-25 kills .

Upvote 0
And originnaly, the LAW was supposed to be picked up only by the support ( Ive readed that somewhere ^^'

yehh back in the mod, the only thing that would kill fleshpounds was explosives (LAW, nades), and the only person who could carry the LAW was the support, so being support was a special job, and anyone who wasnt support, would protect the support so he could do his job, kinda like how sharpshooter is now, just not as overpowered.

Upvote 0
Ak got 37 bullets for 37 probably kills (it decaps clots / gore / bloats / stalkers / crawlers if you headshot them) and Bullpup got 50 bullets with 2 to 3-4 bullets to take down the basics one . So it reduce his efficiency to 20-25 kills .
Actually the only real reason for me to pick the bullpup over the ak would be the reload speed.
It is just that much shorter with the bullpup, mag in, done, while your dude has to fumble around on an ak much longer until he can shoot again and the mp7 shows how much a long, uncancelable reload can screw you over.
It's negligible if you're a lv6 commando but very noticeable if you're anything else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually the only real reason for me to pick the bullpup over the ak would be the reload speed.
Or the huge change in the recoil and spread of the weapon? Bullpup might be weak but you almost never fail to hit the target and mostly in the head. AK will miss targets consistently at 70ish feet which is clearly not optimum range for AK but still. I've used AK semi-auto with decent effect but the iron sights are bothersome, while bullpup on semi-auto is a joke.

Upvote 0
Mostly agreed with LAW, Dual 9mm/HC, Machete, Chainsaw.

The MP7 is a decent weapon but the big annoyance with it (to me) is the dud darts. I'm not even talking about it's extreme ping-dependency, or the inability to heal teammates with specimens around them.
Very frequently you can shoot a teammate who is merely walking and your dart will shoot, connect with their body in a puff of green smoke... And nothing happens.

I really wish there were a small 1-target friendly-only AOE(aka "Explosion") on the dart point of impact, I think it would minimize a lot of the frustration of having to dart multiple times to get off a successful heal.
I alway using syringe when 200+ ping

Upvote 0
I would say the axe since its too slow where as the machete is quicker

Quicker doesnt make it better.

Even tho Axe is slow, it still does more damage per second than the machete does. In fact it does almost twice the damage.

So once again, machete is useless. If you want speed go for katana or just stick with your knife which is just as useful for the earlier waves.

Upvote 0
What is the worst weapon in the game?
One that reeks of such utter uselessness that just picking it up randomly makes you throw it away right away?

For me, it would be the akimbo 9mm.
It does not raise your total ammo pool, I can't aim with dual 9mm precisely while the 9mm is only useful if you aim properly and because it reloads that fast the enlarged clipsize does nothing but making the reload animation unberably long.
Worst of all, if I drop it half of my 9mm ammo goes away which is why it even beats the badness of the machete because it actively screws you up while you can just drop a machete and the it does not completely replace your knife.

I treat 9mms that are on the ground like mines.

What's yours and why?

The most useless weapon is the machete. No increased range, no increased damage in comparison to knife.

The second most useless weapon is the AK-47. High recoil, low accuracy, expensive and harsh language does more damage.

Upvote 0
The most useless weapon is the machete. No increased range, no increased damage in comparison to knife.

The second most useless weapon is the AK-47. High recoil, low accuracy, expensive and harsh language does more damage.

Are you new in kf ? So :

Machete :45-70 or 90-130 / dmg , 0.71 sec or 1.1 / hit, 81 or 100 DPS (but no better range yup =/)
Knife : 20 or 35-55 / dmg , 0.6 or 1.1 sec / hit , 33 or 41 DPS

About ak ... Are you playing it @ Commando lvl 6 ? He does more dmg than bullpup , cost almost nothing , etc ... Each one got his own taste ^^' .

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Killing_Floor/Weapons

Upvote 0