• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Paul Gray of Slipknot has died

Can we have a rule on NO RIP posts please...many people dont care and there is thousands of people dying everday..

Since when everyone has to care about one thread? Even then, I'm sure that this thread have more people that care about it, than many other threads around here. If you don't care, just ignore it, where is the problem?

I personally hated Slipknot (except maybe 2 or 3 songs), but that doesn't stop me from defending the fact that the thread is totally legit and CandleJack has all the right to make it.

just because the dude played in some metalband dosent make his dead special...:rolleyes:

Because the dude played in some metalband does make him special, because it was known for the fans of the band (who are many).

Upvote 0
I'd like to thank Paul for everything that he has done for me by founding Slipknot. It was the first musical love of my life, and it has helped me so much throughout my life. I'm saddened that Slipknot will never be the same, or may even quit doing what they do as i expect they will.
It hadnt really broke through to me that he died untill watching the press conference video which drove it home, and now i'm just all teary-eyed because of the gap he leaves behind, which is clearly visible when you look at the rest of the band. That was pretty emotional to me.

Paul, rest in peace. :(

Upvote 0
Can we have a rule on NO RIP posts please...many people dont care and there is thousands of people dying everday..just because the dude played in some metalband dosent make his dead special...:rolleyes:

Just because you don't care about someone, doesn't mean you need to post about it.

Get out of the thread.

Carry on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For those interested, here is a video of their press release, all unmasked and even Craig is there (Craig usually does all he can to avoid being near press releases, even with a mask):

YouTube - LAZER 103.3 - SLIPKNOT Paul Gray Press Conference

Anyways, keep the Slipknot hate out of here please.
You might not like the music but this man does not deserve to be stomped on.

Upvote 0
I preferred their first two albums, and recently i've fallen out of the habit of listening to Slipknot, but i have always felt like Slipknot is more than just the music.
It was about family and being a part of something, and that video shows this as the truth all the more.
They are genuinely upset as Nimsky said, i am usually not such an emotional guy but they got a some tears out of me while listening to them talk about Paul.
It has strengthened me in my resolve that Slipknot is more than just the music.
It gave me the feeling i belonged somewhere, something i lacked at that time, and will forever be thankful of that.
No one is going to take that away.
Slipknot is a family, not by blood, but as brothers all the same.

This song seems very appropriate at the moment, called Till we die:

YouTube - Slipknot - 'Til We Die with lyrics

"I've never stopped trying, i never stopped feeling like family is much more than blood.
Don't go on without me, the piece that i represent complements each and every one."

"My last true confession will open your eyes
i've never known trust like the Nine.
Let it be spoken, let it be screamed
They'll never ever take us alive."

Last edited:
Upvote 0