• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Changes to default weapons

crono

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Oslo, Norway
It would seem several people have been doing this to some extent, but I've chosen to keep the original weapons mostly as-is, and add others to new slots (adding, not overwriting). There are no new weaps yet though but the stock-weapon changes that i made are summed up below:

Guns modified:

Deagle - now has flashlight
DoubleDeagle - same as above
Crossbow - secondary fire shoots burning arrows. They hurt more but dont go as far.
Lever rifle - secondary fire shoots two rounds.. right now it really just does more damage, you cant see it firing twice
Flamethrower - secondary fire uses a husk fireball.. beta ;)
M79 - secondary fire launches grenades - The concept works, but needs some serious tweaking before its playable. Basically it spawns a nade when/where the MXXprojectile hits that sits for 3s and explodes
M32 - same as above

New weapons that are mostly in the conceptual phase:

* Lightning Gun.. i realise i might be venturing far beyond what works in the KF world... but maybe something like a stun handgun could work, basically a tazer or dart shooting gun

* A stronger shotgun - for now i've modified the AA12 and made it fire more shrapnel projectiles

* A sword.. basically like the katana but with different anims and dmg

Any suggestions to the above list? Maybe some ideas that would compliment this kind of change.. or some rivaling mods perhaps?

Any input would be appreciated :)

* Lightning Gun.. i realise i might be venturing far beyond what works in the KF world... but maybe something like a stun handgun could work, basically a tazer or dart shooting gun

I do believe that Sorrow and Olivier are working on a KF version of the WunderWaffe from CoD5. It's a chain lightning gun if you haven't played it.

Doctor_Richtofen_by_spyash2.png

Upvote 0
I do believe that Sorrow and Olivier are working on a KF version of the WunderWaffe from CoD5. It's a chain lightning gun if you haven't played it.

Doctor_Richtofen_by_spyash2.png

THE WUNDERWAFFE DG-2!!!!
Yeah gonna make that soon, but i need to practice more with Maya. And i think i'll put the Thompson aside since i'm not happy how the handgrip and the cannon are looking together. So i'll start the Lee Enfield really really soon (m14 replacement).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeah, that looks awesome! I was working along those lines but with no idea as to the looks of the gun, only how it works in-game.. I guess i'll wait for this instead then
The code/effects ive put on the lightning gun so far make it seem like a railgun as the projectile has a beam-trail, and its otherwise very similar to the flamethrower in that its a spray weapon.. but I guess a single shot mechanism might be more realistic in KF

Upvote 0
THE WUNDERWAFFE DG-2!!!!
Yeah gonna make that soon, but i need to practice more with Maya. And i think i'll put the Thompson aside since i'm not happy how the handgrip and the cannon are looking together. So i'll start the Lee Enfield really really soon (m14 replacement).

I'll be looking forward to see how the LE turns out then, and later WunderWaffe, which is like the best weapon name IMO.. atleast if you have a dark sense of humor :D

Upvote 0
What about instead of super rapid fire, it just fires one stronger shot, a +P round or something. Dropping in a special round makes more sense than taping 2 LARS together or cycling the action instantly.

Yeah, thats an excellent suggestion, then I can use the reload animation with what looks like a different bullet (if i figure out how) to make the whole thing more self explanatory

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'm going to try and single out my changes into a package (if not a mutator) this weekend.

The two functions I've been playing with recently are the medic's HealNade and demo's ImplosionNade

HealNade basically doesn't blow up (which sucks) but all players in its radius will heal max 50 - a distance variable. One of the reasons i decided to make it not do damage at all is because I figured giving the medic the ability to heal themselves might negate the tactical drawback of loosing the nade.
Adding this nade, or having a secondary NadeFireMode might be an idea though, but I'm not sure how to do that yet

ImplosionNade is really simple, basically it gives negative momentum to the actors it hits, so instead of being pushed away they are drawn towards the nade's location, and shortly after they are pushed to the opposite side.

I'll try to explain implosion here in case: Think of an old TV. The tv-tube is in vacuum, so if you smash an old tv screen the glass spliters are pulled in at first, and if they have enough momentum to spare they will pass out in the directly opposite direction of where they came from.

Why? Well I stole the idea from Fringe, in that show the nade has a violent vacuum-like sucking effect, and it really seems to work more like a "black hole" but it leaves everything in the centre after its over.. I feel it would be realistic enough if a nade like this pulls zombies towards its centre, and then maybe "squish damage" and spray gibs in the reverse direction if they die from it

Neither of these are ready for serious testing yet though, the healnade works but doesn't feel right yet, and the implosionnade isn't usable right now, but what do you think of the concept?

Upvote 0