• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam selling Strategy Guides

Those guides are for nothing but collection purposes. If I like Killzone 2 and they were selling a nice printed version with lots of artwork, I would be inclined to buy it. Otherwise the best strategy guide is the internet.

Buying it online and trying to read it as PDF is just wrong.

Upvote 0
I'm just old fashioned enough I *like* holding a physical copy in my hands. When they actually do art and add flavor to guides, they are worth the monies.

Alt-tabbing to read a PDF though....that doesn't even fly with some of the more recent games.

The only games I ever feel I need guides for are RPGs, usually JRPGs. American RPGs are too cut and dry, and tend to lack the secrets and features that JPRGs made so popular. (Games like Planescape: Torment are the exception.) For Atlus games like Shin Megami Tensei....yeah, I like having guides for those games.

Or the games where the devs made puzzles and secrets so ridiculously obscure, you NEED a guide to even know they were there. Damn near no one does that anymore, other than open world games with their damn collection achievements.

Upvote 0