• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Marketing

Well, if you want regular news updates, you might just see 100 screenshots of the same map from 100 different angles ;)

yes i do whine a little bit about not getting any "real" news :eek::D.....i guess i just must have high expections of how finished the game is and what is available to be shown to us. tell you one thing though, i'll appreciate even the smallest bone you throw us, at least until the "oooooo" wears off or something else comes out ;)

believe it or not, there are a lot of people (from my observations) who would be more happy with something than with nothing at all. sure it may just be a new angle of a portion of a map, but it's still "new" seeing as people have never seen it before. at the very least it's a visual a sign that people view as "progress". it implies to people that development is going well and that the devs are interested in interacting with thier fans.

i think everyone can understand that you can't give out huge nuggets every week, but people are more encourged by just getting a spec of gold dust in their pan as opposed to absolutely nothing at all. if all they keep seeing is murky water and no signs of any gold, bets are they're not going to stick around long and will go find another river to pan in.

so yes, every 1 "new" screenshot is like a little spec of gold dust that motivates people to stick around hoping they're going to strike the motherload. sure, we'd all love to get nuggets on a regular basis, but the dust can add up after a while.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally I think it's not that illogical that a lot of people haven't heard of ve3d at least when comparing it to ign or gamespot when looking at alexa rankings.

Alexa ranks all websites based on an average between daily visitors and page views.

ve3d ranks 16777215, Whereas IGN ranks 214, Gamespot ranks 134
And for reference heroesofstalingrad.com ranks 1384096

Now logically ve3d focuses on pc gamers and ign and gamespot got loads of console gamers. Next to that news probably gets a much better and longer exposure on ve3d than it would on websites as ign and gamespot (So it being on VE3d can possibly actually reach a much bigger target audience than ve3d's mother site IGN). Alexa ratings are not nearly as detailed and accurate as a fully documented site stat research that TWI apparantly got, so that info might need to be taken with a grain of salt. But still the difference is massive.

But the issue for a lot of people that websites like ign/gamespot if you search for Heroes of Stalingrad the last news there is the actual announcement of the title (of course that's more of an issue that ign/gamespot don't post news releases). Nobody got any issues with news being on ve3d, the more news on the more websites the better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In terms of marketing. Our forum novelists ( the ones who write good war stories, there are some around ) could each write a 500 - 1000 word story about a soldier in the upcoming ROHOS. The best of these (community vote) is then used for posting around on forums you may go to or facebook or the like; with the added caveat that if you liked this story and want a game like the story rohos is for you!

Upvote 0
Adding to the myth that nobody visits that website: For the GameStar (big German gaming magazine) the latest update fell under the radar too. In a recent article about Rising Sun say said something like: ... it has been over a year without an update on RO:HoS ...

Well yeah the internet is fast but people are still slow :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's just what I mean.

Unfortunately the Internet grew so huge in the last few years that news like this can easily be lost if it's not being published to the right people.

Upvote 0
I wonder who buys printed pc gaming mags anyways ? Everything, every demo is downloadable everywhere, anytime. News are mostly not news anymore when the magzines come out...:rolleyes: ( besides excluseives ) Through, you are ****ed if you live in a region with no dsl....

Because a magazine is always a magazine. I don't carry my laptop everywhere, nor do I have access to internet always.

Upvote 0
ye thats prolly true. I tend to forget that not everyone carrys something with internet access all the time..:D;)

But srsly i havent bought a magazine in years.

HAHA! ive never even bought a magazine! .. well I bought a magazine once... but that was a 10 rnd enfield mag:D.

I think it might be the console gamers who buy them more, as some of them only have a console and might not have access to the internet via a pc; or know which sites to read for info on which piece of shyte they will be playing next....

Upvote 0
In terms of marketing. Our forum novelists ( the ones who write good war stories, there are some around ) could each write a 500 - 1000 word story about a soldier in the upcoming ROHOS. The best of these (community vote) is then used for posting around on forums you may go to or facebook or the like; with the added caveat that if you liked this story and want a game like the story rohos is for you!

i don't think you understand the point of marketing. although the game may be designed for a niche group, successful marketing has to reach out towards those who may not be innately interested. that means 50 page stories about soldiers isn't going to cut it. i'm guessing when the time comes to really hype the game, we'll be seeing lots of explosion and gunfire filled screenshots including videos with quick cut editing being flooded across sites like youtube, ign, gametrailers, etc.

Upvote 0