• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just a heads up :ddddddd

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm.. In that case... RRRAAAAAGGGGEEEEEE TTTHHHRRREEEAAAADDDDDD.

macmustdie.jpg

Aaw well, at least we'll have a rush of new players.

Upvote 0
macmustdie.jpg

Aaw well, at least we'll have a rush of new players.

LOLOLOLOL, yeah.

But no I wasnt expecting anything huge just yet so I cant say it would be a dissapointment. But at least KF is finally on sale again so I can start pestering my friends who said "I might buy it when its on sale". If they dont buy it Ill buy it for them LOL.

Upvote 0
Probably wasn't such a good idea to hype up a Mac release, especially after quite literally half a year of zilch in terms of anything for the game. This is a massive and utter disappointment by any measure.

Tripwire Interactive (emphasis mine) said:
Killing Floor for the Mac has just been released. For those of you that have a Mac, or know poeple with a Mac, spread the word! In other news, there is an update for Killing Floor in production. We're not giving out any details just yet, but keep your eyes peeled.

Someone fails at reading comprehension.

It would have been stupid of Tripwire to roll out a major game update immediately before releasing the client on the Mac. Another update is coming, but this way they can release the additional content on both platforms, and roll the inevitable bugfixes into the new patch all at the same time. This is a very smart, and not at all unexpected move on Tripwire's part. They deserve a lot more credit than you're giving them.

So, give them a few weeks or more to patch things up and get things running smoothly, and then you can have your update.

Upvote 0
Someone fails at reading comprehension.
Tripwire said something Killing Floor is happening today. What happened today? Nothing. The game is still completely untouched as of its last real update in December of 2009.

Oh sure, we get another promise of something being in production. That same promise was given over five months ago. I, as well as you and everyone else, was told yesterday that something would happen today. Well, seeing the results, I think it's more than fair to say that Tripwire still has yet to break their streak.

Reactions: AsoBit
Upvote 0
Tripwire said something Killing Floor is happening today. What happened today? Nothing. The game is still completely untouched as of its last real update in December of 2009.

Oh sure, we get another promise of something being in production. That same promise was given over five months ago. I, as well as you and everyone else, was told yesterday that something would happen today. Well, seeing the results, I think it's more than fair to say that Tripwire still has yet to break their streak.

The game was released on a new platform, the culmination of a lot of hard work by Tripwire. If that's "nothing", then maybe you should play something else, because you'll surely be disappointed when the next update comes out, and all it does is add and rebalance some new maps, perks and weapons.

Upvote 0
The game was released on a new platform, the culmination of a lot of hard work by Tripwire.
And it has all of zero bearing to the current playerbase of Killing Floor. Why? Because prior to today, nobody played Killing Floor on a Mac. This is the first bone in half a year Tripwire has thrown to us and all it's going to do is pepper in a couple of clueless level 0 perks into servers. Don't kid yourself into believing this will be a significant boost to the player numbers. Macs are not nor have they ever been a big gaming market.

add and rebalance some new maps, perks and weapons.
The game is in a pretty sorry and unbalanced state right now considering the vastly overpowered tier 3 weapons, namely the ridiculous M14EBR which only added even further to the massive dominance of the Sharpshooter class ultimately weeding out the final vestiges of challenge the game may have once possessed. I'd welcome any change because it would be really, really hard to take a step even further in the wrong direction at this point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah yeah, we all know that the sharpshooter is OP, that the tier 3 weapons made the game easier, that the firebug needs more toys, that the zerker needs alterations etc.
Can't we have an update thread without bringing that up all the time.

...no? Stuff's unbalanced. Those are the issues.

Then again, my main issue with TWI has been the complete and utter lack of communication. I realize that they have another game to work on, but throw us SOMETHING. "We're working on our other game. KF is on hold until some date but we haven't abandoned it!"

It looks like they DID abandon it. They introduced several massively overpowered weapons and just left. :/

And while I'd miss the medgun (and it's the ONLY thing I'd miss) I'd love for this all to go back to pre-level up update.

Upvote 0
The game was released on a new platform, the culmination of a lot of hard work by Tripwire. If that's "nothing", then maybe you should play something else, because you'll surely be disappointed when the next update comes out, and all it does is add and rebalance some new maps, perks and weapons.

you do know that mac was ported to UE ages ago right? and you do know that before this mac users can play KF using bootcamp right? so i wouldnt say this is, "the culmination of alot of hard work by TW"

It hurts my eyes to read the attitude of some people here, how unfair and ungrateful some people is. You guys are being the biggest assholes I've ever seen.

TWI has sold this game cheap, and released a lot of free content updates (thing that doesn't happen with any 60€ games out there) they say they are working on new updates... and yet you still troll and make demands?

Such useless and ungrateful people like you deserve nothing.

Give them one finger and they'll take the whole arm, no wonder the industry is going where its going.

were paying for your new RO HoS game, so give us a break.

Upvote 0
+1

I used to think it was my standard that had changed for liking a game... lately I have realised nearly every game that has been released in the last 2 years is made to a formula for the masses who are either 9 or play 2 hours of gaming every 3 days and dont give a flying hoot about hardcore fandome.

Killing Floor with or without the balance update has been my favourite game in the last 5 years, and just the fact that I've enjoyed it as much as I have makes buying it worthwhile. If I get a free content update, then thats sexy, if I don't then its defiantely been fun.

Thanks TWI for taking on an awesome mod and making this awesome game :)
i++;

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.