• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Kf-Defence

i'll be releasing Beta 4 soon and i'll be looking for testers if anyone is interested. there will be no beta 5 so the release after beta 4 will be final
things i need tested
Code:
-overall difficulty with 6-20 players on normal and hard difficulties
-making sure that there are no exploits
-atractiveness
-Fun Factor... is it fun?
-Ammo, equiptment spawns. good positions? no many? too little?
-glitch's

if interested please message me, freind me whatever,

Steam id: Falidell
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone number: you can't have it :p

Upvote 0
what box's? are you talking about those watch post above the doors on all 4 walls? if so then well i added them for 2 reasons 1. i think they look good, 2. you can get traped in em or on em when running backwards :p. and i found a new purpose for em, i added gore-holes to the floors so you can shoot the zeds, and the watch post adds cover so you can do that. but bewarned it's dificult to throw grenades down those gore-holes as they are.... "thin" if you will...

Upvote 0
i'm not, i'm just gona release the fixed version of the original and have it keep the b2 prefix followed by -white so they rockonize it fast.

both are still technically beta so they won't be sent for whitlisting till i'm confident that they are fixed and final then i'll send it for whitlisting

Edit: also when i said Final Beta release i ment it as " this is the last beta version before the final release"
and the final release will be the one to be sent to whitlisting. i would never send a beta version to whitlisting

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I found that whilst KF-Defence-b4 was all good, that KF-Defence-b2-white was still a cakewalk on normal as a level 4 demolitions, I just used sharpshooter first wave to buy a handcannon, then went demolitions, bought the M79 after wave 2, used the handcannon to fend off the crawlers on the wall and the M79 for everything else, then I switched the M79 for an M32 around wave 4, wave 5 I swapped the handcannon for a bullpup, bought pipebombs, used those on each door on every wave which took out most of the more intimidating specimens, survived to wave 11, went support, beat the patriarch, game over.

Basically, you need to revert to the wall jumping system seen in KF-Defence-b3, rather than the one from b4.

Upvote 0
pleased to hear that b4 was all good :), but to be frank, of course b2-white will be a cakewalk on normal for a level 4 demo, you a level 4 demo, a level 3 is ready for hard. for a level 4 any map including waterworks is a f'ing cakewalk on normal difficulty. nothing i can do about that without making the level specifically for level 5 and 6 players which is unacceptable in my book. not trying to be rude but thats a level 4 player playing on a lvl 1-2 difficulty setting

Edit:
i personally have respect for the whitelist and those who test for exploits, saves me a lot of time. however it's going to far if said whitelist removes level that are easy, it's not ur place to say wither it's too easy to be whitelisted that shouldn't even be part of whitlisting.

1. are there any exploits, as in any places where the player becomes untouchable, i should take care of?
1a. are there any areas in the level the player shouldn't be able to go that can be used as an exploit?
2. are there any glitches?
3. is the level playable?
4. are there any places where the ai simply can't go but the player can?
5. is it an obvious perk-leveling map?

if no then then the level is whitelist acceptable

everything else is up the player and level makers disgression.

my #1 primary concern when making levels is fun. glitches and exploits undermine the fun i try to employ to my levels and i assume TWI is the same.

Edit 2: my apologizes i know that the too easy part and white-listing is prob not you were getting at, you were simply giving ur oppinion. my bad, no hard feelings?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Edit 2: my apologizes i know that the too easy part and white-listing is prob not you were getting at, you were simply giving ur oppinion. my bad, no hard feelings?

No hard feelings. I respect your points but what I'm trying to get at is that level 5-6s will play the map on normal, I wouldn't personally, but there are those people who just want an easy ride.

Upvote 0
i've submitted this to whitelisting, i hope it goes throught it's the first time i've ever sent anything to whitlisting
also:
if defence-b2_white doesn't get whitelisted i'll see what i can do but do to the nature of the level and what i want for it, if it doesn't get whitlisted it never will unless it's a simple change like adding a blocking volume or something.

if defence-b4, oh and btw i'm to lazy to change the title and resubmit it to filefront so consider it simi-final, doesn't get whitlisted then again i'll see what i can do but if it requires me to change the gameplay drasically then too bad ain't gona happen.

i'm making a new level to move onto and it should be a blast :) i have high hopes for it, and should have a beta up for testing and uber-spectactular-funamonium within... i try a week and a half 2 weeks? i've alreay been working on it for 2 weeks so it's not like it's going to be a rush order.
got some tasy wip screens over here --> http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42970

Last edited:
Upvote 0
?????

no no no i already submitted it to whitelisting just waiting for a reply i was simply stating that if it doesn't get whitelisted due to a glitch or an expoit then i'll fix it. but if it was not whitelisted because of the gameplay itself forwhatever reason then i'm scraping the effort to put it on there. i refuse and will not remove my goals and intentions for the defense series. my #1 concern is uber-Spectacular-funamonium so i refuse and will never conform to anything that undermines that idea.

thats all i was sayin' my man :) besides you guys can still play it wither whitelisted or not. though i do understand that most players play on whitelisted maps/servers only. and this is due to the simple fact that leveling anything creates a competitive, however minute, environment and thus makes players want to level the perks up to get ahead of the game over other players. so thus i will try to get my levels now and in the future to get whitelisted.

Upvote 0
in this http://z10.invisionfree.com/KEPT/index.php?showtopic=133
mamoo how in the hell you got in there :eek:??? what version did you test??? or did you use god or fly in console? just asking

because after i saw it,i was testing it,because i knew there is no way since i tried it earlier, so i played it for like hour tonight, tried every single hole around,specialy the one on the picture,even tried to jump on crawler if that would get me there,there is no way in,well at least on the version i have on my server,idk what version i have there ,i uploaded it couple days ago but it says kf-defence-b2_white

Upvote 0
in this http://z10.invisionfree.com/KEPT/index.php?showtopic=133
mamoo how in the hell you got in there :eek:??? what version did you test??? or did you use god or fly in console? just asking

because after i saw it,i was testing it,because i knew there is no way since i tried it earlier, so i played it for like hour tonight, tried every single hole around,specialy the one on the picture,even tried to jump on crawler if that would get me there,there is no way in,well at least on the version i have on my server,idk what version i have there ,i uploaded it couple days ago but it says kf-defence-b2_white

Mamoo is good to find exploits (all of us in fact :p )((the one on the helicopter was a cool one =3 )).
Nah the exploit have simply been fixed i would say.

Upvote 0
pleased to hear that b4 was all good :), but to be frank, of course b2-white will be a cakewalk on normal for a level 4 demo, you a level 4 demo, a level 3 is ready for hard. for a level 4 any map including waterworks is a f'ing cakewalk on normal difficulty. nothing i can do about that without making the level specifically for level 5 and 6 players which is unacceptable in my book. not trying to be rude but thats a level 4 player playing on a lvl 1-2 difficulty setting

Edit:
i personally have respect for the whitelist and those who test for exploits, saves me a lot of time. however it's going to far if said whitelist removes level that are easy, it's not ur place to say wither it's too easy to be whitelisted that shouldn't even be part of whitlisting.

1. are there any exploits, as in any places where the player becomes untouchable, i should take care of?
1a. are there any areas in the level the player shouldn't be able to go that can be used as an exploit?
2. are there any glitches?
3. is the level playable?
4. are there any places where the ai simply can't go but the player can?
5. is it an obvious perk-leveling map?

if no then then the level is whitelist acceptable

everything else is up the player and level makers disgression.

my #1 primary concern when making levels is fun. glitches and exploits undermine the fun i try to employ to my levels and i assume TWI is the same.

I played the map with one other person and he pointed out something I thought you might like to know. On the second wave we jumped down and unwelded all the doors quickly. once the wave began we killed off some zeds that came inside. We ran down to one of the doors and looked from the side and saw all the zeds just standing there and not trying to smash the doors down. there was nothing going on at all. All zeds around other doors were just standing around also.

We stood there for awhile but they were confused. we moved around inside and all around but still nothing. we ran up top and stood all around but nothing. Hope this help to track down any problems. One other comment, sometimes when zeds come up the stairs they get confused and just stand there at the very top.

Upvote 0