• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The ultimate and ONLY KF is dying / not updated / etc thread

be patient and play some other games to pass the time.

Unfortunately most of people lack patience and to some degree it is mildly understandable considering it's closing down to five months since the last update. Normally it might not be a big deal, but the current state of affairs regarding gameplay and perk balance are notable issues in the long run.

However, I can't stop laughing my *** off for first ranting how KF is a budget game and then saying how other projects are unnecessarily poor and 'evil'. What, would TWI intend to live forever off just by selling and updating KF occasionally? The fact he (or she?) doesn't like RO or is not an issue (for me atleast) but for the rest... :D:D

Upvote 0
I'm torn between buying RO:HoS myself. I recently got RO, and I'm majorly impressed with it. Little things like having to left click to cock the bolt action to load the next round, and having to actually look through the slat in the tank rather than seeing all in the turret, were really a nice touch.

But the fact is I'm not very good at it. My first online shooter was CoD4 where you have a tonnes of help. I went to CSS, and it takes AGES to learn to use that...

RO is even harder than CSS... and I just don't have my youth anymore to get that good at a game again. :p

Mind you I suppose I do shoot myself in the foot by buying these games late on when only vets play, and I insist ion using just the bolt action rifle... because its awesome to bean someone sprinting over 600 yards ;P

ON TOPIC: Rage fail :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you do have to admit though that he does have a few valid points.....the "news" for KF has been slim to none since the last mini-patch back in november. mostly it's all just been "reassuring talk", but no signs to really back it up. when people hear the same thing for 6-7 months, it gets a little bit, well, concerning. people like timetables, deadlines and most importantly visible signs of progress. from the KF end, a post once a month saying "we haven't forgot you" doesn't show any real progress.

now, what he says about ROOST is a bit absurd considering that according to his stats, the nub hasn't even played one hour of it. from the HOS end, a couple screenies every four months and a measly article explaining stuff the forum regulars already know also doesn't show any progress on that game's development. even worse, people see hardly any signs of progress on HOS and say "man it took them all that time to just do this and all the while nothing at all on KF?" a bit of an unfortunate double-edged sword, but i guess it comes with trying to work on multiple projects at the same time.

to help this situation, would it really, REALLY hurt or take that long to release a simple thing like idk, fixing a few major bugs on the stock maps or the relatively little known way how to insta-level perks to level6? could be done in one day of work. hell, i'm sure a couple community mappers would LOVE to fix the map bugs and do the work for freeeeee. at least if there was even the smallest of bugfix patches, people would think to themselves, "at least they finally did something instead of talking about doing something."

people love you TW. that's why they post and give you their feedback. sure, maybe this guy's rage was a little extreme, but it's really not far from the truth and it's feedback that you can learn a lot from. maybe responding to this guy with something other than words (which he probably won't even read your reply to this post) would not only encourage him, but would help boost the morale for the community as a whole. ;)

Upvote 0
Nobody asked for free updates. Start charging by all means. Ten, twenty dollars for a dlc? I'm up for it - in fact I'd prefer it. If it means you can produce more content faster then I'd pay without question.

You really don't know the history of TWI, what kind of company they are and how they are trying to be better and different than other companys? :p

Upvote 0
If you really want to extend KF's lifespan, try some custom maps, at least for me fresh maps keep the game more interesting than new weapons could.

Amen to that!;) so i guess it's time for you talented KF fans to get a little (or more if not asking too much, no talent in SDK on my part tho) creative and start doing and sending in your custom maps!

Upvote 0
I love you tripwire.

take the time to do the best, propreply.
not like EA, or some other. okey, i bought some EA games and will probably bought some other, and like it, BUT EA seems to be as a fast food, a "fast game factory".

everyone goes to a fast food, but nobody (nearly nobody..) say that "my favorite eating place is a fast food"
(yep i always talk about eating.. i love to eat good food... and doing a lot of sport after LOL)

and soooory for my english.

have a good day

Upvote 0

Killing Floor is anything but dead, it's still expanding to this day, sure you don't see your friends on your friends list playing it as frequently, but who cares go on there, look at the server and tell me, does it look dead to you? Now when Killing Floor was still a mod and when a promised update was never given then ya that's the only time when Killing Floor was considered dead but that's like right before the game went retail by the saving grace Tripwire. Anyways you can see many popular Killing Floor clans/groups still playing Killing Floor like MEAT, ZED, PGD, ect (ect isn't a clan/group btw) So, my point has been proven and now I think I will go play Killing Floor with random strangers who die a lot :D.

Upvote 0
I can this one getting flamed and burnt, but I'll chip in beforehand :)

Just because 1 KF fan doesn't like RO isn't really going to change the fact that we are a small, independent studio. We really can't work on lots of projects at once - wish we could, but we can't.

So - Heroes is our main driver at the moment. But, as stated (by yours truly) fairly recently, there will be more KF updates - we've already said that. KF will be available on the Mac shortly, for those who missed it. And there are announcements lined up for KF updates beyond that one.

A little patience and understanding goes a long way. But if you prefer to buy your games from big companies who run mulitple teams and that love their clients so much as to pass out FREE updates to their games on a regular basis, then go spend your money with Activision or EA or... no, wait, I said "FREE" updates... then go spend your money with... um.... Tripwire?

We can't bang out multiple games plus multiple updates. Sorry. But there is indeed more to come. We hope you enjoy it!

I understand everything that you said and respect, but this particular line:

A little patience and understanding goes a long way. But if you prefer to buy your games from big companies who run mulitple teams and that love their clients so much as to pass out FREE updates to their games on a regular basis, then go spend your money with Activision or EA or... no, wait, I said "FREE" updates... then go spend your money with... um.... Tripwire?
Is only true regarding RO, cause on KF you still charge for the Skin's.
While it was very cheap it still is "paid dlc"

Upvote 0