• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The ultimate and ONLY KF is dying / not updated / etc thread

A horrifying as it is to imagine, the Mac version being released today should up the numbers a little. I sense a little bit of updating on the horizon.
And it's not doing too bad. It's beating GTAIV, even with the new episodes hitting PC.

You got the remember that GTA 4 does not requires steam to play.
I bought GTA 4 retail instead of steam because i don't got the patience to download about 16 gigabyte.

Upvote 0
You know what I'd like? I'd like for them to fix the achievements, make playing in a non-whitelisted map more obvious and fix that map loading bug. Have text appear over your perk progress bars that says "NOT ON WHITELIST".

It took two tries to get the normal office achievement for kf-office and didn't get the hard one when I finally beat it :mad:

Upvote 0
I can this one getting flamed and burnt, but I'll chip in beforehand :)

Just because 1 KF fan doesn't like RO isn't really going to change the fact that we are a small, independent studio. We really can't work on lots of projects at once - wish we could, but we can't.

So - Heroes is our main driver at the moment. But, as stated (by yours truly) fairly recently, there will be more KF updates - we've already said that. KF will be available on the Mac shortly, for those who missed it. And there are announcements lined up for KF updates beyond that one.

A little patience and understanding goes a long way. But if you prefer to buy your games from big companies who run mulitple teams and that love their clients so much as to pass out FREE updates to their games on a regular basis, then go spend your money with Activision or EA or... no, wait, I said "FREE" updates... then go spend your money with... um.... Tripwire?

We can't bang out multiple games plus multiple updates. Sorry. But there is indeed more to come. We hope you enjoy it!

Upvote 0
I understand all too well the stress of being a small team trying to meet great demands. Those that complain like that have never experienced the stress of trying to meet quotas and demands outside of their working capacity, and then when they do succeed, their efforts will be appreciated only briefly before being regarded as lazy or unproductive very quickly.

I apologize beforehand for any sort of harsh defense I might make, but it's very hard to sit back and simply allow people to ignorantly criticize without giving forethought about the kind of work they're asking people to produce. Designing and producing the code of a game not counting the graphics, sound, testing, and bug finding is nothing simple, especially when you have a limited amount of people.

And even more difficult? The competition from the big companies alone is staggering, not including the economic downtime we are currently in. If Tripwire is not putting forth its best effort to produce a unique and quality game, then it will be nothing more than "another game company" that produced "just another video game".

Tripwire Interactive is no such company.

Therefore: Small workforce + workload + competition = Pressure. Lots of it.

(Personal vent of frustration.)

Upvote 0
I can this one getting flamed and burnt, but I'll chip in beforehand :)

Just because 1 KF fan doesn't like RO isn't really going to change the fact that we are a small, independent studio. We really can't work on lots of projects at once - wish we could, but we can't.

So - Heroes is our main driver at the moment. But, as stated (by yours truly) fairly recently, there will be more KF updates - we've already said that. KF will be available on the Mac shortly, for those who missed it. And there are announcements lined up for KF updates beyond that one.

A little patience and understanding goes a long way. But if you prefer to buy your games from big companies who run mulitple teams and that love their clients so much as to pass out FREE updates to their games on a regular basis, then go spend your money with Activision or EA or... no, wait, I said "FREE" updates... then go spend your money with... um.... Tripwire?

We can't bang out multiple games plus multiple updates. Sorry. But there is indeed more to come. We hope you enjoy it!

Nobody asked for free updates. Start charging by all means. Ten, twenty dollars for a dlc? I'm up for it - in fact I'd prefer it. If it means you can produce more content faster then I'd pay without question.

Upvote 0
It's quite ironic that the header for Nekrage's page is:

I HATE UNGRATEFUL PEOPLE

When he goes on to make a big deal out of TWI being greedy and charging twenty dollars for a game that he has spent at least 170 hours playing.

I would be very disappointed if KF was never touched again by TWI -which I highly doubt- but I certainly have gotten twenty dollars worth.

Upvote 0
I fully agree with trilance, small team big pressure, too many games.

Which is why if anyone wants to get anything done faster, then theyll have to find a way to help it happen. An action is worth ten thousand words. An trust me, we are way over ten-thousand words, so Ill have to make that a million just in case.

Which is why modders, mappers, and programmers exist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I realize that TWI is working on another game that's taking up all their time. I really do.

But they're doing serious damage to their online community for KF by neglecting the game while it's in, by their own admission, an imbalanced state.

Stopping all the free stuff at about the time some big-name games like Left 4 Dead 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 came out. So a TON of players saw TWIs support drop off as not only did the other companies release high quality games...but show developer support to them (And in Left 4 Dead 2s case, free content as well!).

I understand that you can't do two things at once...but if you had to leave KF alone while you work on HoS, you should've left it in a good state first, not as an imbalanced mess...

Upvote 0
If there is one thing that could make me stop playing KF it would be the players. Ever since the addition of the husk, it seems people just sit in one spot on any given stock map and never move. They either succeed in that spot or wipe. I understand that husks were necessary to prevent kiting, but really standing in the same spot every time and shooting zombies like a stationary turret gets old a lot quicker than running around and trying all different strategies while shooting zombies.

Not saying everyone does this, but it's what I see 9 times out of 10 on pubs.

As for the free updates, I consider myself lucky even to have the Heavy Metal and Level Up packs. I didn't keep track of KF news back then so they were both awesome surprises for me. A simple nerf of the crossbow and M14 would make me happy for the rest of my time with KF. If you really want to extend KF's lifespan, try some custom maps, at least for me fresh maps keep the game more interesting than new weapons could.

Last edited:
Upvote 0