• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-BioticLabs red room stairs bot glitch

Falidell

Grizzled Veteran
May 22, 2009
Mesa,Az,USA
Tripwire,

Bot Confusion on the stairs at the red room
Occasionally a bot can get "stuck" and moves from one node to another, back and forth. The cause is related to the bot's current goal, IE. the Player, For one reason or another, the bot believes the goal is reachable, but it cannot reach it, so it turns back only to decide it should try and reach it again. That behavior can continue on indefinitely in some cases. The are two possible solutions for this:
Place another node to allow the bot to reach their goal.
Move the PathNodes around a bit
i personally tested out a fix for it on a duplicated version of kf-Bioticlabs, by adding a single pathnode at the centre of the stairs, then selecting all nodes in the map and setting their order to last for a nice clean build, works A-ok now. i tested it out by useing a custom bot who's only purpose is to wonder around and 'touch' every entire Pathnode there is in a level, and useing the console command SoakBots, then i left it running for at least 9 hours while i was alseep woke up with no errors :)

I just think this issue should be fixed, although you may already be on this, the bots going back and forth and getting stuck causes an obvious play issue, and can be used as an exploit.

hmmmm my bro says i'm being a patz by making this post, but just to clear it up i mean no offense by this post an only mean to inform :)

Much Love
-Fall

Last edited:
what do you mean? what madness? are you refering to the time between b2 release and b3? in between those times well i had lost my job so i gave up internet and a few other things to keep my bills low till i found my self a new job :) which i did btw.. f'ing walmart lol but hey it's a job

after you released defence, you were gone forever, a ton of ppl found some exploits in kf-defence, and used its faults to grind their perks. some ppl freaked out and started posting threads attacking kf-defence, until finally it was removed from the whitelist. the entire time ppl were like, "where is falidell?", and, "well according to this quote from falidell, defence wasnt meant for bla bla gameplay".

Upvote 0
no way it was that popular?!? :D nice i feel honored

"well according to this quote from falidell, defence wasnt meant for bla bla gameplay"
do you happen to know the quote?
to be honest i don't quite remember lol
sounds like something i would say if bla bla was Hardcore competitive
cuz that gameplay blows

oh also do you know what everyone was saying that got it off the whitelist? i'm sure i fixed everything but i want to double check

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i realize that but how exactly was it the "ultimate perk-leveling map"??

too easy, it wasnt really about the exploits (yes ppl did use them), but it was mostly because its really easy to just sit up there and kite everything as its trying to make its way to you. also the doors start off welded so usually there'd be one guy holding the door while ppl shoot the zombies from above and the peephole next to the door.

Upvote 0
I actually truly enjoy the Doom maps. As I mentioned before, while some think its an uberlicious uncanny totally tubular leveling haxor with a twist of perkage, the maps are made TRUE to that of the original doom series. Also one would only know this having played it multiple times.

Plain and simple, you want awesome remakes of completely old school games, doom is a great place to start. Lethal Vortex, who Ive subscribed to on YouPube has put alot of work into these HARDCORE INCREDIBLY TUBULAR GRINDING MAPS. I for one am greatful for his work and will blast his maps 24/7, whitelist or not.

Upvote 0
Funny, when you say alot your referring to what? Your freindslist? Ive been all lvl 6 for quite some time and I know ALOT of people the same who I have PLAYED with ALOT on this map just for fun. Its a fun map, some choose to grind others choose to have fun. Because it may be de whitelisted doesnt mean people DONT enjoy playing it and wont stop playing it.

Upvote 0
Funny, when you say alot your referring to what? Your freindslist? Ive been all lvl 6 for quite some time and I know ALOT of people the same who I have PLAYED with ALOT on this map just for fun. Its a fun map, some choose to grind others choose to have fun. Because it may be de whitelisted doesnt mean people DONT enjoy playing it and wont stop playing it.

When i say a lot, i'm talking about the whole FK players. I f you want to debate something so obvious that when a map is not whitelisted, almost no one will play on it, then PM me and it will be my pleasure to tell you more. But when i was seeing all the servers on gametracker, that were Doom 24/7 only, getting from the the first places to 400th it was clear to me that Doom wasnt popular because it was a great map (for most KF players).

Upvote 0