• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When DLC goes awry...

...it makes tons of what lit-majors call 'flat characters'. And no, its not what your probably thinking.

It means a character that is basically a stereotype, with little personality, and not much backstory, usually. Well I mean to change that slightly. I mean, if your goin to just fill the dlc full of new characters, at least make them more than cool costumes!

So I have taken the liberty of making a few new, slightly less 'flat' characters. Well, actually, they came with my plot idea, so ignore any odd references to it I forgot to edit out. Enjoy:
IGNORE THE OBVIOUS NAME REFERENCES

Bloody” Mary (Mary C. Wellington) (Commando): A native London resident, Mary C Wellington was a conservatively raised child whose childhood was dominated by discipline as she attended a military academy. Her quick thinking, observational skills, and reflexes soon helped her make her way through the ranks, eventually allowing her to become a special operative. Originally trained to combat terrorists, her rank increased massively in the Special Forces as her superiors were slaughtered by the zeds. Now, months after the zeds broke the quarantine, she has become very experienced in effectively killing specimens, earning her the command position of the newly formed squad of Britain’s best.[/FONT]

George M. Wallace (Berserker): An Anglo-Scottish mercenary that managed to gain some experience over the years, Wallace has seen action from Columbia to Ireland, working mostly for profit. While moving through the English underground on a mission from some hyper-nationalists, he was trapped by the UN quarantine. When he was finally found by British police officers dismembering a scrake, it was generally accepted that he be pardoned of his crimes should he continue on his killing spree. Now he kills legally, and has been gathered into Britain’s elite for his skills in close combat. Now his only regret is that he forgot his claymore at home.

Arthur M. Connaught (Support): Connaught began his days with an agricultural family in Northern Ireland, and, looking for a better life, ran away from home at the age of 12 to work a cargo ship. After being captured by pirates while traveling through Indonesia and escaping by strangling the distracted guard and stealing his weapon, Connaught decided began to drift towards fighting. After several years guarding oil rigs from Libya to Kuwait, he ended up becoming a military man in a way after being dragged into the Gulf War. Ever since then, he has speeding through the ranks as a security man, guarding people across the planet for money. But the life grew tiresome; Connaught wanted normality. He then went to Ireland with a newfound fortune in oil and pay, set up a business, and went to reconcile with his father. He had finally tracked him down to London, where he found his father being ripped apart by some hairless thing with teeth. He then picked up his old shotgun, looking to repay every drop of his families’ blood with a gallon of theirs. When they found him next, he was out of ammo, drenched in blood not his own, laughing hysterically on a pile of specimen. And, after a few tests for sanity, he was admitted to Britain’s finest. That suits him just fine.

Fredrick J. Ferguson (SS):
Fredrick J. Ferguson (SS): Ferguson was the third son in a rather rural family in the Cambrian Mountains. His family was in agriculture and sheep, until, at the age of 8, his family moved to Caernarvon after the lifestyle simply was unable to support them. There his family did find jobs, but also it was there that his life changed dramatically. Looked down upon by society, and angry and uncertain with the change, the only way to avoid depression was to find a separate passion, so he turned to his father’s old hobby of hunting. He practiced marksmanship fervently, and embraced it as his sport. And it changed from a sport to reality as, when his father died unexpectedly in a work-related accident, he decided to join the military to help support them. There, he gained a great deal more of experience, but, as the memories of those he had killed haunted him to near insanity, he was treated with PTSD, and sent back home. After that, he consumed himself, in a sense, destroying his sanity until he had little left. Mad with greif and guilt and pain, he 'went over the deep end', and tried to act as a vigilante in London. After multiating several bank robbers, he was shipped off to an asylum. There, he recovered most of his sanity. And, when the specimen reached the facility, he managed to convince the employees to free him. Now he is a tad off, but not psycho anymore. However, still haunted by his wartime memory, and having been raised by a rather zealous protestant family, he decided the only way to atone his sins was to send these abominations assaulting his homeland to hell. Of course, no one can convince him hes not dreaming, but that made little difference to the British, who didnt care that much as long as he still kept his perfect aim.

[FONT=Calibri]Nicholas R. Frost (Medic): Frost was born in Nottingham, in a white-collar family. He seemed set up for an average life; he was a man of academics, not violence. He was always noted for his determination and perseverance, and was reckoned a genius or prodigy by some. He managed to achieve a Rhodes scholarship for that determination, and soon had his PHD and was a surgeon. He soon transferred, however, to also being a medicinal scientist; he even won a Nobel Prize for his astounding medicinal solution that was so powerful and so easy to use, that it was said to be the biggest breakthrough in medical history. Puncture wounds, blood loss, trauma, even some kinds of poisons and acids became were healed by high enough doses of it. And after turning down a job offer from Horzine, who employed his biggest rival, the biologist Kevin Clamley, he soon was employed by the British government in training his men how to use the solution in battle situations. This job opportunity finally let him relax a bit and make a few friends in the military; and after a few years, he could fire a gun and had as good of stamina as the best of them. He even modified his gun to launch darts containing his solution, which was adopted by the military fast enough. And when his rival began Armageddon he soon had practice enough with it. And, being one of the smartest and fastest field medics Britain had, he soon joined Britain’s Best.

William H. Nelson (Demo): Need to come up with one

Christopher H. Congreve (Firebug): Need to come up with one

EDIT: Ferguson was added later than the rest. I apologize for the new length and for the lateness in editing.

Last edited:
Nicholas R. Frost (Medic)

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
I like them.

A lot.

But you're still not gonna get me to stop playing as Mr. Foster.
Unless you get TWI to implement a Candlejack character. :D

Thanks. Probably the best compliment all day.

Can anyone help with the remaining characters though? I have made my own versions afterwards for all but Congreve, but I think those arent quite as good, so Id like to hear from the community.

God has this thread gotten off track...

Upvote 0
I take it this is pretty much a civilian pack idea for your characters? Far as I can make out, they seem like generally public types drafted into the military (I honestly tried to read word for word, but my eyes are killing atm, so I skimmed) :)

If so, then only thing I can think of for a firebug type story is an adaption of Vinny from Atlantis :)

YouTube - Best Disney Character Ever.

Or ya know, demo can just be that :p

Upvote 0
by any chance are any of them black cause thats all i care about is black people being in games and black people doin sutff cause im black

That's ****ing trash talk.
Kind of hate when people demand blacks, or female characters, and ****.

I'm a Mexican and I don't demand Mexicans xD?

But bringing back the old Black guy in KF would be awesome. (One from Mod)

P.S. OLIVE!! YOU ARE A MAD RAG DOLL DUDE! You pwn at GMod.

Upvote 0
I take it this is pretty much a civilian pack idea for your characters? Far as I can make out, they seem like generally public types drafted into the military (I honestly tried to read word for word, but my eyes are killing atm, so I skimmed) :)

If so, then only thing I can think of for a firebug type story is an adaption of Vinny from Atlantis :)

Or ya know, demo can just be that :p

Well, most of them. The commander is military, not civilian, however. And Wallace is technically civilian, as well as Connaught, but both have fought internationally, making them not so civilian.

Also, shaun, we get it. Your black. I understand your concern. Im trying to pack in as much variety as I can, but right now, their are many races, 7 character slots, and its kinda hard to fit it in, being that the UK is mostly white, so it seems kinda forced, like Im running for subsidy money, if I push it too far.

However, my idea for the demo is black (I havent edited in my demo or ss ideas yet, and the demo one doesnt have as much personality. That doesnt mean Im rascis, just that I was damn tired when I wrote it, and am running out of 'round character' ideas.

And, please, let this not be a racial issue. I really dont want this thread locked.

Upvote 0