• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad What does YOUR NAME say ABOUT YOU?

AceUnlimited

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2010
I have always wondered why people name themselves like they do. I always give myself HEROIC NAMES like Elite Warrior, Elite, X, Ace (Altimate Combat Elite), Zero, Omega (Greek for "Last", as in Last one standing), and other name liek that. I chose Ace Unlimited because my skills dont have a limit, I can do anything if i try hard enough. I know that for a fact!
Some people chose names that dont make much sense like *****Face, NumbNutts, and BallsforBrains BUT I dont judge people by their name, I judge them by their preformance, and from playing killing floor for 106 hours I learned a lot of things from people names compared their preformance.
Those who have the GREAT names tend to preform better than those who have somewhat not so great names, aka CRAPPY NAMES, no offence to anyone reading this.

I just want to know the motivation for people to name themselve what they do.

And so I want to know 1 last thing, What does YOUR NAME say ABOUT YOU?

One last thing, Please dont take my names in the above text, I do use those names and if you do use them please dont be a CRAPPY PLAYER, and if you are a CRAPPY PLAYER please play and try to get better knowing you a HEROS name.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lacedaemonius
**I can tell we have a perk grinder in here**

What about my name? It doesnt say anything about me except my real name...
Also you cant be good at every game. And what if you use the same name everytime and your good in one game and you suck in every other games? So NO, people with ''GREAT names'' are not better than anyone else.

p.s. Stop posting about your clan thing, this is like spamming.

Upvote 0
Usually go by the alias "Happy Cat", a family variation on the term "happy camper". Not sure when we started saying it, but I liked the sound of it and eventually adopted it as a name. Its meaning also serves as an private joke, since I'm the most dispassionate person I know.

Just fascinating, huh?

Upvote 0
No No No man, your taking it the wrong way dude!
I'm not trying to say people with crappy names are the worst or anything like that.
I use the same name sometimes on different games and i'm good at some and bad at others, theres no problem with real names or fake names.
I just posted this to find out why do people give themselves names that seem more like insults.

Upvote 0
Reason for Altimate Combat Elite instead of Ultimate Combat Elite

Please god let this misspelling be deliberate.

Also, my name ingame is Dr. CandleJack M.D.

Say what you will.

ACE stands for Altimate Combat Elite
I spell it that way so it matches.
so yea it is deliberate.

Upvote 0
Those who have the GREAT names tend to preform better than those who have somewhat not so great names, aka CRAPPY NAMES, no offence to anyone reading this.

Rofl. You are offically the bigest douchebag Ive ever seen in these forums.

Who are you to judge whos "name" is crappy and whos isnt. And what the hell that got to do with anyones performance in game?

But yeah you sure - once again - made my day by posting some complete nonsense thinking you are so awesome when everyone else just thinks you are a joke.

"AceUnlimited" wow you are a big hero with a cool name / sarcasm

I can bet all my money on the fact that you arent even as good of a player as you pretend to be. Because, like Ive said before: If you are REALLY good at something, its the other people who tell you that. Bad players instead, keep telling other people how "good" they are hoping someone would actually believe them and respect them, when in reality they are just as skilled as an average person, looking for some attention.

Oh and just for your info, AceUnlimited IS a crappy name so... as much as "Hate Me" isnt a name at all. It just stuck on me because everyone knew me by that name ever since I was 12 (which is 9 years ago...) and changing nicks confuses people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Greetings, the name's Nin.

My name comes from a very, VERY long history of my whole internet life.

I was given my name almost before Killing Floor existe-

Well, maybe not THAT long.

4-6 years or so.

I'm not going to explain my old, dusty sob story here.

Just ask me sometime. It's pretty depressing, however.

Upvote 0
- J*
- Said as Jay Star
- Short hand for Jester
- The cut down version of Undedd Jester
- Which came from my Xbox Live Tag
- Which was named because me and my sister shared the same account
- We had to agree on a name, and Undead Jester popped into my head.
- But Undead Jester was taken, so my other sisters boyfriend suggested Undedd Jester instead.
- However sister stopped playing Xbox until Gears Of War 2 came out where I got her her own tag.
- And I couldn't be assed to think of a new one for everything else.
- The name pretty much stuck.

END :)

Upvote 0