• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design very stupid question

Making a barrel out of a cylinder bsp brush isn't the way to go, your map is being cut into fine pieces due to the cylinder bsp touching/intersecting the world (this can cause errors). I'd suggest downloading a free modeling program like blender or 3DsMax 2011 (which has a 13 month free trial) and make a model, it's not really that hard and it'll help you make your future maps more detailed ;)

- The Wanderer

Upvote 0
By default UnrealEd creates autosaves all the time (every 5 minutes, I think). Check your map folder and sort the files by date so you can pick the last one.

UnrealEd does not autosave. I changed the autosave time in the .ini file to one minute (autosave was still on) and I was making a map when UnrealED crashes and I losted all my work. Unreal Editor 3 is absolutely the dumbest editor I have ever used in my entire map design history.

Upvote 0
Yes it does (or at least it should). It saves them as Auto0-9 and when it reaches 9 it starts over and overwrites 0. When you play-test your level from UnrealEd it creates another autosave called Autoplay.
These are the important lines in the KillingFloor.ini:
Code:
AutoSave=True
AutoSaveTimeMinutes=5
AutoSaveIndex=6
The first two are left to default (so by default it makes autosaves every five minutes) and the last one means it's at Auto6 at the moment.

If it doesn't create autosaves for you, maybe your OS doesn't allow it to write files on its own? That's a problem you should look into. Autosaves are really convenient.

Upvote 0
There are no stupid questions, we all can learn something (as the intelligent stair solution in the other thread).

In the subject of barrels, use a static mesh. I am pretty certain there already is one in the KF-departed statics package. If you need a custom texture, there is the possibility of giving a static a skin under properties->display. Make a skin with the same dimensions as the original, import it and have the texture selected. Then go to properties-display-skin-new-use iirc.

A last go would be to make the texture and ask around for someone to do a barrel for you, esp if it is an old style beer barrel. I am pretty pressed for time atm but could probably do it if you made the texture.

Explore to the official statics packages. They contain a wealth of very useful models to make a map seem real. Just remember that you need to reload them to see all the statics included (and then try to remember where you found the static that was perfect for your work, but it is a month since you stumbled upon it)

Upvote 0