• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IS 2 greatest tank of ww2

Because Flames of War (the Tabletop game that this pic is taken from) has both models.

Real answer:

Because the IS2 THE GREATEST TANK OF WWII does not need upgrading.
You can't make a perfect design any better
.:rolleyes:

lol

... every time i head by the history forum i think some other twit has come along and made this claim; then i realise necromancy has been performed... again...

Also I would seriously doubt the JS2 to be the best tank of ww2, what with that pathetically thin turret that basically screams "hit me here you kraut ******"

besides were I a german soldat in ww2 i would be much less afraid of tanks then infantry. tanks shoot you or explode you or kill you, enemy soldiers can capture you...

Thank you for the *apparently* serious answer.

But i don't agree with you, IS-2 is not the greatest tank of WWII for a lot of reason: it can carry only 18 ammunition, because the 122mm has a long reloading time and because the periscopes weren't the best for the time etc, but considering armour/firepower it is the best and you cannot say that "armour sucks". No. Came on! Even the armour sucks? Eh? What tank has a better armour? Is a turrett with 100mm frontal and 90mm side/rear weak? Is the Panther's turrett better? No. Is the Tigerr's turrett better? No. Is the king Tiger's turrett better? No. Came on! I cant wait to discover the legendary tank with better armour :)

Upvote 0
lol

But i don't agree with you, IS-2 is not the greatest tank of WWII for a lot of reason: it can carry only 18 ammunition, because the 122mm has a long reloading time and because the periscopes weren't the best for the time etc, but considering armour/firepower it is the best and you cannot say that "armour sucks". No. Came on! Even the armour sucks? Eh? What tank has a better armour? Is a turrett with 100mm frontal and 90mm side/rear weak? Is the Panther's turrett better? No. Is the Tigerr's turrett better? No. Is the king Tiger's turrett better? No. Came on! I cant wait to discover the legendary tank with better armour :)

perhaps the best answer to this is to say that the majority of picture I have ever seen of knocked out JS2's had nice big holes in their turrets...

I would have to make a second small disagreement, the tiger 1's turret is round, greatly increasing the chance of your shot hitting at an angle other then 90 degrees...

and lastly if a better design couldent be made better, why did the russians make the JS3, and subsequently every tank after that if the design had no room for improvement.

(oh yeah and that great big german behemoth that never saw action, that thing most definitely has more armour then the JS2, add to that the elephant tank...)

Upvote 0
perhaps the best answer to this is to say that the majority of picture I have ever seen of knocked out JS2's had nice big holes in their turrets...

I would have to make a second small disagreement, the tiger 1's turret is round, greatly increasing the chance of your shot hitting at an angle other then 90 degrees...

and lastly if a better design couldent be made better, why did the russians make the JS3, and subsequently every tank after that if the design had no room for improvement.

(oh yeah and that great big german behemoth that never saw action, that thing most definitely has more armour then the JS2, add to that the elephant tank...)

Yes, you're right, the flaw of IS-2 is the turret, but you cannot say that the turret's armour is weak. This is what i was trying to say. Its turret is one of the best armored of WWII. :)

OT:

Searching "Behemoth" images of google i have found this image:

viewthread.php

Fake or real? :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YouTube - Internet Arguments

Last edited:
Upvote 0