• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

d275f58a.jpg

and irritating the entire team along the way.

Upvote 0
One of the only games that makes my heart-rate go up to unhealthy levels without cheap shock-moments:
THIEF2010-05-1119-05-51-75.jpg

From one second to the next the game can change between you being the hunter and you being the prey and both is equally exciting.

This is also the game that features what are arguably the creepiest spiders in any game ever. I don't even want to think ahead to the second level with big fat green one near the broken elevator. *shivers*:eek:

EDIT: Forgot to mention this: there is a high-res patch by the community. I play at 1920*1080, no stretching (except in hud elements and in menus, maps and notes because those are still in their original resolution).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
and i dont know which game that is.

Disappoint. Shame on you, Tomcat. :D

That's THIEF! Thief II, judging by the filename. One of my favourite singleplayer series ever.

Hey Murphy, how do you run the game? Last year I tried to play the game again after many years, but it didn't really work (I forgot why). Have you bought it from Steam or something, or have you applied a fan patch or something? Last time I checked, the Thief games aren't optimized for modern machines at all.

Upvote 0
It's Thief I but to be fair I and II look pretty much identical.

I have the games on CDs. Thief I from a gaming magazine CD and Thief II as the "Sat 1 Edition". Maybe gog.com has them fully patched to work on modern machines. I don't know. But if you have the games in any shape or form and you have trouble running them this page is pretty much all you need:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75031

It's a bit of a pain to set up (i.e. you'll probably run into more than one item on that troubleshooting list, but it includes pretty much everything as it seems and it had easy fixes for all of my problems) but once it runs it runs! Haven't had a problem so far.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's Thief I but to be fair I and II look pretty much identical.

This page is pretty much all you need:
[url]http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75031[/URL]

It's a bit of a pain to set up (i.e. you'll probably run into more than one item on that troubleshooting list, but it includes pretty much everything as it seems and it had easy fixes for all of my problems) but once it runs it runs! Haven't had a problem so far.

Guess I'll try again sometime, then. :) I really wish they could optimize it for today's machines though. But Looking Glass isn't around anymore.

Upvote 0
jpeg looks like poop when converted from bmp......

but png looks fab when converted from bmp....

That is because you used sucky compression level for the jpg pic. 23 kb vs. 300 kb image. The png has 12 times more data.

Try compressing 1920x1200 pic with png, you won't be able to squeeze it below 1 Mb I bet.

Upvote 0