• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The ultimate and ONLY KF is dying / not updated / etc thread

I just have a feeling in my bones that an update is coming.. So I have been working my *** off to get the achievements that I never got, in fear that they will add more with the coming patch.

p.s. I like the idea of balancing perks, but if I get to level 6 and TWI lowers the max level to 5 again, i'm going to rage..

Upvote 0
KF rlly going this bad?

KF rlly going this bad?

Is Killing Floor really going this bad?

24l6h69.png

I hope TWI is soon comming with a big update to make the game populated again :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well you can see the minimum players dropped.

There only about 1k players playing right now.
And i guess theres about 5k server slots availble?

Btw when the latest DLC went live.
I saw about 20.000 players playing at the same time.
And the peak was about 25k.

I think allot of ppl "forgot" KF.

To still have that many players is pretty good. Considering that KF is a budget game and has been out nearly a year. I'm sure any kind of update TW push out will rekindle interest.

I smile to myself when I look at all the "big budget" games on that list that have less players than KF.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To still have that many players is pretty good. Considering that KF is a budget game and has been out nearly a year. I'm sure any kind of update TW push out will rekindle interest.

I smile to myself when I look at all the "big budget" games on that list that have less players than KF.

Most of the "big Budget" games are also available in retail stores.
So they play it whitout steam.

Upvote 0
KF was never intended to compete with all the big league games out there. the fact that it HAS been in the #3 slot at one point is remarkable, but it isn't the kind of game built for people to never stop playing it.

a lot of us just lost interest and went to other games. but that doesn't mean we've abandoned it or forgot about it. we're just waiting for the update. all of my KF time is currently poured into the testing sessions. other than that i don't play hardly at all.

Upvote 0
Tbh after the frequency that patches and extra content was coming out before, I am very surprised that it was completely dropped after the level up patch, without so much as a little balance hot fix to correct what t3 weapons upset. Think about it, with 1000 people playing, and probably very little ongoing sales, you know that it would not make sense for anyone from Tripwire to be actively working on the game for all this time. I think the game is fine to play as it is and people staying away "until its balanced again" (not saying Omar previous poster but in general I know there are lots of these ppl) should maybe swallow their pride and just come back already lol. Its not like KF is a competitive game and on suicidal I don't think anybody could say its not a challenge unless they insist on continuously camp grinding the U room on Biotics lab.

A community balance mod would have been a decent idea but probably would have split the community, effectively reducing the player base more.

Upvote 0
Tbh after the frequency that patches and extra content was coming out before, I am very surprised that it was completely dropped after the level up patch, without so much as a little balance hot fix to correct what t3 weapons upset. Think about it, with 1000 people playing, and probably very little ongoing sales, you know that it would not make sense for anyone from Tripwire to be actively working on the game for all this time. I think the game is fine to play as it is and people staying away "until its balanced again" (not saying Omar previous poster but in general I know there are lots of these ppl) should maybe swallow their pride and just come back already lol. Its not like KF is a competitive game and on suicidal I don't think anybody could say its not a challenge unless they insist on continuously camp grinding the U room on Biotics lab.

A community balance mod would have been a decent idea but probably would have split the community, effectively reducing the player base more.

Your suppose too camp in this game :( i somewhat am i disappointed in your post why else do you think KF invented the whole "welding" system.

Upvote 0

the game itself is just too easy right now. that's pretty much the only problem.

and king, you're not "supposed" to camp. it's just not discouraged. camping is not the only effective tactic in KF. nowhere in KF does it imply "camp or you wont survive". in fact quite the opposite. staying on the move with your team is very effective for some maps and not so effective for others. camping is also very non-effective for some maps.

Upvote 0
mid december daily peaks were at 7,000 as the result of the freeweekend event when on that saturday and sunday it was daily peaking at 25,000 and 27,000. that was a pretty decent turn over imo. however to see it go from 7,000 all the way back to 1,300 starting back in late march, that was unexpected. it was a nice high spike but it dropped off a little too fast for my liking, especially considering all the content that was added.

we need an event and update like the levelup content update to get people back into the game. unfortunately until it comes, that 1,300 peak won't change much.

Upvote 0
Me and a few people have resetted our perks and play on normal difficulty without using sharpshooter, crossbow or m14.

way...WAY more fun now.

I still think being able to lower your perk level to any level difficulty you've unlocked is one of the best fixes avaible for KF. Lord knows some days I jsut cba to BBQ on suicidal :p

Plus all my new friends who have the game are like level 2 :(

Upvote 0