• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Handgun Suggestion

brphoenix

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
S
brphoenix.deviantart.com
As I was waking up today (or going to sleep yesterday, can't remember), I had this idea.

We know how dual wielding is awesome (at least most of us do).

So I came up with this idea. Alt-fire fires both pistols at the same time. Works just like with the hunting shotgun, except you don't reload instantly.

Of course, you can't do this if you have only one round left.

This would also make the flashlight button dedicated to turning the flashlight on. After all, we don't need two buttons doing the same thing, do we?

The advantages of doing this? Double the firepower in the same time.

Disadvantages? More recoil (you are firing two weapons at the same time!), less control over ammo.

Seems balanced to me.

True. However, just re-binding it to another button will "fix" it =D
If people have been playing with it as middle button for a year? Not likely. And for that matter most of the gun -except HS and melee- use the alt-fire infrequently so middle button is not a bad place for it. But try click spamming power strike with katana. It's not fun.

Upvote 0
If people have been playing with it as middle button for a year? Not likely. And for that matter most of the gun -except HS and melee- use the alt-fire infrequently so middle button is not a bad place for it. But try click spamming power strike with katana. It's not fun.

I have no problem with middle mouse spamming. And as a 'zerker, I often use the pwer attack, especially against scrakes.

Pistols akimbo is the worst thing they put in this game. x20 for eagles.

Now, how about a flamethrower you can strap to your butt, so you can burn everything on the map while you pirouette...

Mind keeping this type of comment to yourself? It's not constructive criticism, it's personal opinion, with a little rage too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a good idea that seems like it should have already been part of the game. Would definitely get overpowered if applied to the Desert Eagles though.

Really have to agree with Steg, I'm definitely not a Desert Eagle fan (rather have a nice 10mm Auto, anything bigger and I'd take a wheelgun) and dual wielding firearms is simply retarded and the opposite of stylish IMHO. But that's all just personal preference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mind keeping this type of comment to yourself? It's not constructive criticism, it's personal opinion, with a little rage too.

You posted your opinion (and offensively applied it to everyone) and I responded otherwise. If you took the flamethrower comment as hostile I apologize, though if you spend some time in the suggestions forum you'll find far worse responses.

I don't see how a double shot is so much better than 2 shots .10 seconds apart that it merits development time.

Upvote 0
You posted your opinion (and offensively applied it to everyone) and I responded otherwise. If you took the flamethrower comment as hostile I apologize, though if you spend some time in the suggestions forum you'll find far worse responses.

I don't see how a double shot is so much better than 2 shots .10 seconds apart that it merits development time.

Well, the hunting shotgun has this two shots at the same time feature, and most players use it. Despite the fact that you can effectively shoot two bullets one right after the other.

Upvote 0
I have no problem with middle mouse spamming. And as a 'zerker, I often use the pwer attack, especially against scrakes.
This is also personal opinion, so I don't see where you get the right to complain about ours. Just because you have no problem middle clicking a lot, doesn't mean nobody else should...

Well, the hunting shotgun has this two shots at the same time feature, and most players use it. Despite the fact that you can effectively shoot two bullets one right after the other.
Actually, I think most people use it because it fires more pellets than the two single shots put together. Unless you want to make the akimbo pistols fire three rounds at once, this suggestion wouldn't be all that useful...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Realistically, it is supposed to be like you are firing as fast as it is possible to do, so firing both at once should increase the time between when the next shots are available otherwise you are effectively doubling the fire rate.

The HS fires more pellets in a double shot and has a tighter spread pattern -overall- then two separate shots.

Upvote 0
just to note, arguing along the basis of "opinions", especially when the only reason given to support that opinion is that "it's retarded", is really not an effective way to support for your arguement. there's also a huge difference between giving a personal opinion and blataintly attacking an individual's ideas. usually that's seen in overly sarcastic comments such as "Now, how about a flamethrower you can strap to your butt, so you can burn everything on the map while you pirouette..."

mister phoenix has been in the suggestions forum long enough and deserves a little more respect than that.

as to the suggestion, it makes sense to me and it could be just as simple as allowing players to bind a key to use the feature. idk how many people would fire in this manner but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be possible to actually fire that way

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just to note, arguing along the basis of "opinions", especially when the only reason given to support that opinion is that "it's retarded", is really not an effective way to support for your arguement. there's also a huge difference between giving a personal opinion and blataintly attacking an individual's ideas. usually that's seen in overly sarcastic comments such as "Now, how about a flamethrower you can strap to your butt, so you can burn everything on the map while you pirouette..."

mister phoenix has been in the suggestions forum long enough and deserves a little more respect than that.

as to the suggestion, it makes sense to me and it could be just as simple as allowing players to bind a key to use the feature. idk how many people would fire in this manner but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be possible to actually fire that way

Thanks for the defense there. I feel important now :3

Upvote 0
just to note, arguing along the basis of "opinions", especially when the only reason given to support that opinion is that "it's retarded", is really not an effective way to support for your arguement.

It's not an opinion. Go try and shoot two Desert Eagles (or any two guns for that matter) at once with anything resembling accuracy.

Upvote 0