• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Two new specimens; Cherub and Tritan

nutterbutter

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
First, the Cherub. I don't care what the Cherub looks like, but what I want is a melee attack, no hesitation like the FP, twice as many hitpoints as the FP. The important quality about the Cherub is that a single headshot will not drop it. To drop it by headshots, require 4.

The Tritan is a single specimen, that looks like the regular clot, with 4 characteristics when shot. The first is the headshot. If it is headshot then it drops and dies. If it is the rubber tritan, then bullets to the body ricochet and do damage to the players. If it is the pyro tritan, then when the specimen dies unless by a headshot, it dies as a firebug incendiary grenade. The final tritan is the haze tritan. When it dies, unless by a headshot, it dies producing the same smoke cloud as a fired grenade but with twice the time.

First, the Cherub. I don't care what the Cherub looks like, but what I want is a melee attack, no hesitation like the FP, twice as many hitpoints as the FP. The important quality about the Cherub is that a single headshot will not drop it. To drop it by headshots, require 4.

The Tritan is a single specimen, that looks like the regular clot, with 4 characteristics when shot. The first is the headshot. If it is headshot then it drops and dies. If it is the rubber tritan, then bullets to the body ricochet and do damage to the players. If it is the pyro tritan, then when the specimen dies unless by a headshot, it dies as a firebug incendiary grenade. The final tritan is the haze tritan. When it dies, unless by a headshot, it dies producing the same smoke cloud as a fired grenade but with twice the time.

Cherub, a little more info please? I would like you to elaborate on it before i make a decision.

Same with Tritan. More information is also great.

Upvote 0
how about small creepy babies with dark souless eyes and delicate wings that allow them to hover a meter or so off the floor?
They could have large claws to attack with, and annouce their presence with faint, disturbing infantile muttering.

NO, i hate tiny baby enemies in games, doom 3 and dead space bring back memories of those type of little fvckers.

Upvote 0
how about small creepy babies with dark souless eyes and delicate wings that allow them to hover a meter or so off the floor?
They could have large claws to attack with, and annouce their presence with faint, disturbing infantile muttering.

That is a misnomer. Cherubs aren't the fat little baby angels. Cherubs are actually the enforcer class of angels. They are the heavy hitters. But the main reason I picked the name 'Cherub' is because they have 4 faces; hence the four headshots required to kill them. Or twice the HP of the FP if people just want to pound the body. Just looking for a large melee attack that will strike fear into a group and require the attention of everyone to kill. No headshots from across the map to eliminate the danger.

The Tritans are there to punish people for spraying bullets at everything and not aiming for the head. If the Tritan (Tritan, get it? Three of them) is headshot then he drops with no drama. But if he is the rubber tritan then all bullets that hit his body ricochet off his body. If the pyro tritan is killed by bodyshots then he dies as a firebug incendiary grenade. If the haze tritan dies from bodyshots then he dies in a puff of smoke like the launched grenade creates, but the smoke lasts twice as long. They look just like clots so everyone has to treat all clots like the tritan.

So no headshots can mean either friendly fire (think a couple guys spamming the m14 or scar), a nice fire, or blocking other player's views.

The flying babies aren't a bad idea either.

Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
That is a misnomer. Cherubs aren't the fat little baby angels. Cherubs are actually the enforcer class of angels. They are the heavy hitters. But the main reason I picked the name 'Cherub' is because they have 4 faces; hence the four headshots required to kill them. Or twice the HP of the FP if people just want to pound the body. Just looking for a large melee attack that will strike fear into a group and require the attention of everyone to kill. No headshots from across the map to eliminate the danger.

The Tritans are there to punish people for spraying bullets at everything and not aiming for the head. If the Tritan (Tritan, get it? Three of them) is headshot then he drops with no drama. But if he is the rubber tritan then all bullets that hit his body ricochet off his body. If the pyro tritan is killed by bodyshots then he dies as a firebug incendiary grenade. If the haze tritan dies from bodyshots then he dies in a puff of smoke like the launched grenade creates, but the smoke lasts twice as long. They look just like clots so everyone has to treat all clots like the tritan.

So no headshots can mean either friendly fire (think a couple guys spamming the m14 or scar), a nice fire, or blocking other player's views.

The flying babies aren't a bad idea either.

The cherubs were the second powerfulest angel, what the ****?

Your talking about that Vulture/Ox/Man/Lion thing? And adding into killing floor. The ****er had four wings >.>! (It's not an eagle!)

naming it cherub would require it too be basically described as that ^^^^

BUT, the game mentions the Patriach could barely add insect genes into a human which is much more simpler, if im correct :/!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The cherubs were the second powerfulest angel, what the ****?

Your talking about that Vulture/Ox/Man/Lion thing? And adding into killing floor. The ****er had four wings >.>! (It's not an eagle!)

naming it cherub would require it too be basically described as that ^^^^

I picked the name because the Cherub has 4 faces and it would require 4 headshots to kill it by headshots.

If someone wants to call a specimen "The Tank" it doesn't literally mean a tank would be in the game. Yeesh.

Oh, and it is eagle not a vulture.

Last edited:
Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
First, the Cherub. I don't care what the Cherub looks like

enhanced-buzz-10851-1255717977-1.jpg

NO, i hate tiny baby enemies in games, doom 3 and dead space bring back memories of those type of little fvckers.

LOL

I'm sure the gov. from Germany and Australia will approve this. And killing babies is far from a good idea.

What are you talking about, its a video game. Whats more fun than killing babies xD

Upvote 0
What are you talking about, its a video game. Whats more fun than killing babies xD

Game is already censored in those countrys (not sure about KF for Australia, but l4d is). And killing childrens is simply not correct.

Those are for the game Manhunt: New Zealand: The game was declared objectionable on December 11, 2003.Possession is an offense.

Canada: Following a meeting in Toronto on December 22, 2003 between Bill Hastings, the Chief Censor of New Zealand, and officials from the Ontario Ministry of Consumer and Business Services, Manhunt became the first computer game in Ontario to be classified as a film and was restricted to adults on February 3, 2004.

Australia: It was refused classification (and effectively banned) on September 28, 2004 by the Classification Review Board after having earlier received a classification allowing it to be purchased by those aged 15 years or older.

Germany: On July 19, 2004, the Amtsgericht Munich confiscated all versions of Manhunt for violation of

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I picked the name because the Cherub has 4 faces and it would require 4 headshots to kill it by headshots.

If someone wants to call a specimen "The Tank" it doesn't literally mean a tank would be in the game. Yeesh.

Oh, and it is eagle not a vulture.

Wrong if im correct it mentioned bald and a mistranslation brought it up to become an eagle but in fact why make an eagle a king? it can not fly the furthest in the air. but a vulture can. ALSO bald means; white headed. Vultures can be whited headed.

Upvote 0
Wrong if im correct it mentioned bald and a mistranslation brought it up to become an eagle but in fact why make an eagle a king? it can not fly the furthest in the air.

I have no idea what you just said.

but a vulture can. ALSO bald means; white headed. Vultures can be whited headed.

Vultures can be white headed along with many other people and animals. But that doesn't change the fact that one of the faces of the cherub is an eagle and none of the faces is a vulture.

Upvote 0
I have no idea what you just said.

Vultures can be white headed along with many other people and animals. But that doesn't change the fact that one of the faces of the cherub is an eagle and none of the faces is a vulture.

Its a vulture trust me, i think at least :p~

The Cherub was composed of basically Kings.

Lion Vulture Ox Man

It was a mistranslation and i don't remember the whole story :p Eagle got mixed up with Vulture.

Also do you ever see a white headed eagle in the middle east :D.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Joker and Nutter: Whoever watches the most Animal Planet wins this arguement.

On-topic: I like the Tritan, but Cherub reminds me too much of...Well...Other video games. We don't really need another big hitter, do we?

More details would be nice. :c

HA! Thats it :eek: I remember watching this on animal planet for an hour or something lol. They spoke of seraphims too if im correct.

(Animal planet has that annoying green 3d modeling >.<)

Upvote 0
On-topic: I like the Tritan, but Cherub reminds me too much of...Well...Other video games. We don't really need another big hitter, do we?

Not sure why the Cherub would remind you of another video game. I really haven't suggested any specific model. All I want is a specimen that will force the entire team to immediately target and can't be dropped with a single headshot. Remove the HS from the FP and up the HP and I'd be happy.

KingJoker I've never seen vulture mentioned anywhere as part of the Cherub.

Upvote 0