• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Release date

Major_Day

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Since the original post with this info in it seems to have been removed for some reason, here is the info again.
Shame on the person who tried to cover this up by deleting the posts relating to it, something you would expect on other forums.
Seems like Tripwire are trying to cover up.

Quote:

icon1.gif
G41(W) images needed

Hi, my name is Rob Dion and I'm the lead weapon artist at Tripwire Interactive. We make 1st person shooter games for pc's. Our 1st game is called, Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 [URL="http://www.redorchestragame.com/"][URL]http://www.redorchestragame.com/[/URL][/URL]. We are now in the process of making a sequel called Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad, [URL="http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/"][URL]http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/[/URL][/URL]. In our 1st game, Ostfront 41-45, we did our best to provide authentic detail as much as possible with the technology we had available to us. Now, in our second game, Heroes of Stalingrad, the technology has improved drastically enabling us to render even more detail and authenticity than ever before. So, with that said, my problem is this, I cannot find sufficient reference of a G41(W) rifle. I have some reference but not enough to model the weapon very accurately. This site is amazing and the knowledge everyone brings to the table is impressive which is why I'm posting here. If anyone has a G41(W) and is willing to take some really nice pictures of it, everyone here at Tripwire would be greatly appreciative. There might even be a free copy of the game in it for ya when we release next year, and you'll be credited in the game.

Thx in advance for everyone's time,

Source:http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?166867-G41(W)-images-needed

Last edited:
It got nothing to do with covering anything up tripwire has never given out any release date yet. They just said the game hasn't been delayed since there was never a release date to begin with. The Q2 release date change on 1C's website is just a guess on 1C's part but that doesn't stop it from being a guess based on their expectations as publisher.

They never confirmed it was coming out this year either when asked. 1C from all people guessing the release date knew the most info. So as it is 1C is the most credible source giving out an release date.

Its just that the date could end up being earlier, but could easily as well end up being later than what 1C guessed. It could end up being Q3 or Q4 2011. Or it could be early Q1 as well. Until any official release date is given by tripwire, everybody would be wise to just follow the 1C release date in my opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1c is a creditable source and Rob Dion isn't?

Please read my post in its context. There is no need to get aggressive to the people posting here.

I'm not saying Rob Dion isn't a credible source as lead weapon modeller if anything what he said strengthens the guess of 1C. What I'm saying is that even when 1C changed their date to 2011 they would have done it for a reason aka they didn't see the game being finished in 2010 and twi never denied those claims.

And I'm just saying that TWI never said the game would release in 2010 or said that the 1C date was right or wrong, they just said that 1C guessed the date. If previous posts were removed for the release date info then this one would have been as well, the only posts I know of from the past few days are still here. As the game is in alpha its likely that nobody in tripwire knows the release date.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, i was talking about a few posts made by myself and a couple of other ppl, further on in that thread, highlighting the comment by Rob Dion IN the link by Ralfst3r.

Myself, -[SiN]-bswearer made a comment, and i believe Ralfst3r also made a comment, but these later posts disappeared.
"Fiftyone" also seen the originals before they were removed.
Of course it doesn't make sense, that's why i raised the subject again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
don't worry major_day, i figured it would happen too, actually when i showed the thread to some clan members last night i told em expect to see some "thread clean up" by tomorrow. at least the story is an acceptable reason i guess since it was indeed "spam" to that thread (although there a tons of other posts that could be considered "spam" that are still there :rolleyes:).

now if the post on the gun forums got edited or deleted, or if this thread gets edited or deleted, then i'd be with you shouting coverup ;)

soooooo, any comment from TW on this? like the last little bit about 1C changing their expected date to 2011? the official response we eventually got was "1C doesn't know since we've not told them, since WE don't even know yet". however like i said in that thread, we never got the real answer we were looking for which was whether the game was going to be released this year or not. now we get this "leak" from by what appears to be an official TW rep saying the game is coming out "next year" i.e. 2011.

what's the official response to this development? :confused:

Upvote 0
Have not been involved in any "When will it be released topic" but I
hought it was about time to spread my advice. As usual its a free advice.

[freeadvicemode]
Go outside enjoy spring make plans for the summer.
Go to Greece it seems they need your money overthere
go sunbading and time will fly.Let these people work on their
game without asking when it will be released.
Then when autumn comes chances are they will post a good
solid trailer and more desired info.[/freeadvicemode]

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleDrax
Upvote 0
It was a nice post and find. And sure it was in the public domain, but I wonder if a quick post to TW first wouldn't have been a little less "National Equirer-ish" and fair to the parties involved? <rhetorical>

All the additional "hoopla" afterward did was to probably bring even more heat down upon Ron. Hopefully it didn't cost Ron his job for his lack of discretion (nda?), when all he was trying to do was get the most accurate info and detail that he could for this game "everyone" is so demanding and impatient for. :eek:

Upvote 0