• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The ultimate and ONLY KF is dying / not updated / etc thread

I doubt that.

They know they need to do some PR work for KF after it being in hibernation for several months, to get the community going again.

And once RO:HoS is done, this forum is probably going to explode with "Ok, now are you working on KF again?!?!?" posts. The anticipation of even a balance patch has been building up for a while now.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
For those who can't find the search button :p

TWI has plans for a future KF update. Those plans include a balancing. As to what that will entail, I can not say at this time. However right now TWI is still heavily occupied with a Heroes of Stalingrad milestone, and the majority of the team is working on that (plus something else which hopefully will be announce soon, but you should be able to guess it if you read steam news and Maybe visit the post your desktop threAd in the podium to read Candid posts by ramm.)

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=565536&postcount=9

Upvote 0
A waste if this is real imo... the mac doesn't deserve development time spent on it. Maybe in the future...

IDK maybe the studio sees a market there.

well, if Steam is going to put in the effort to add to the PC gaming market, i can understand the port to Mac and from a business standpoint, it's a pretty smart move. now for TW to get in on offering one of only a small package of games to be available for Steam on Mac (in the beginning that is) that's also a really smart business move. will it effect me as i don't own a Mac? you'd think probably not, however i'd have to imagine that with news as significant as this (again assume the hint is valid) that TW will have a corresponding content update and sale to go along with the Mac release.

Upvote 0
Count me in for this one. I bought this game for THIS reason. If Tripwire abandons its policy then I won't buy the new RO. Its just simple as that. I loved the company, so I bought all the DLCs and such. But now? A huge disappoint.

what about now? so you know what they're doing do you? have they said that they are abandoning their policy?

read my above post. they've already planned a kf update. there is just no date set. they're just busy. i'm sure you know what being busy is like. is TWI not allowed to be busy? are they not allowed to not consider KF their number one top priority?

Upvote 0
yeah but what he's hitting on is the seemly former "policy" of max 3 months between an update on any scale (balance, bug fixes, content etc...), at least that's the way ROOST was for nearly 3 years and how KF was in its first 7 months. i have to expect something to celebrate KF's first birthday. then and only then if there's nothing to get hyped about, i'll begin losing faith.

Upvote 0
yeah but what he's hitting on is the seemly former "policy" of max 3 months between an update on any scale (balance, bug fixes, content etc...), at least that's the way ROOST was for nearly 3 years and how KF was in its first 7 months.

If you look at RO patch history after October '06 it took until May '07 before they released a new patch, and after August '07 it took to March '08 before the next one arrived -> June '08 -> March '09 etc.

So TWI's "old" three month policy as few holes in it looking from date perspective. It would be a good idea not to be too hasty about this for the moment.

Upvote 0