• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Pain causing volume only to players?

Not a good idea! Unreachable zone for zeds + damage to players = perk farming. We have seen this in a map, i will let you guess what was the verdict on this map.

P.S: How come you no longer on Steam D=

yeah that makes sense.

i dont have internet or computer at my house, i'm too poor right now.

so every once in a while i'll take a vacation and go to my mother's and use her internet.

Upvote 0
Yea as far as I know emitters dont cause damage, they just emit particles lol.
Youd have to add a pain causing volume around it.

=O wrong ^.^ level flame or fire w/e causes damage, so i just deleted the texture and placed it in the same spot as the emitter rosteam w.e the name is, and have them both rotateable

any ways it causes damage and you can set the intervals the player takes damage.

theres a script part in the level flame that says

pawn something something something takes damage blah blah blah

if we chaged it from pawn to kfhumanpawn would it then only hurt players?

uhh the romgsteam is close to what i want, i want to change the size of the steam and make it more focused

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm working on a map without borders and thought that a pain causing volume would keep players in a set area but you are probably right and people would abuse this when it comes to perk grinding. :( How sad people can be.

Would it possible for me to make a volume that slows players down but not the zombies instead? Basically the further away the player goes the more likely he is to get killed.

Upvote 0
I'm working on a map without borders and thought that a pain causing volume would keep players in a set area but you are probably right and people would abuse this when it comes to perk grinding. :( How sad people can be.

Would it possible for me to make a volume that slows players down but not the zombies instead? Basically the further away the player goes the more likely he is to get killed.

Why not just zombiezone volumes around the map so specimens can get past but players cant?

Upvote 0