• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Disaster has struck a friend of mine. Got gooey candy on his copy of KF. Can I load m

mcduke

Mar 28, 2010
If I load my copy but use his cd key for his game (since he got crap on his disk:(). Is that considered okay, is it even possible?? I had to reload windows xp on his system so that wiped out everything on his machine. There's a Game Stop store in a mall not to far from here. They have a disk cleaning machine that help me out with one of my scratched up disks. I told him he should take it there to see if they can clean it up.

Until steam dies or their systems get ruined (which leaves me wondering if they have backups in more than one geographical location, say LA and London or some such comparison).

2 million users per day? This we'll be fine for steam not sying :)

They have download servers for updates and stuff in a number of places over the world dont they? So I'd assume they would have backups and shizzle yeah.

Upvote 0
2 million users per day? This we'll be fine for steam not sying :)
I'm certainly not saying Value will one day go, oops I guess we are going to stop doing steam. Have fun guys. Eventually though, steam will die. Still likely a few decades off from the looks of it.

Certainly Value could have backups of people's stuff, but the shear volume of data would seem to indicate that the update the backups maybe every week or month, if at all. Local backups are certainly there though. I kind of wonder what steam would do if they lost all copies of a players profile. Would you be asked to show proof of purchase, just tell them what you had, or maybe even give you so many free games starting out from scratch (assume they could even tell that you have a steam account in the first place).

Upvote 0