• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Extended Corpses mutator

Colonel Panic

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Regarding the whitelisted "forever dead scums" mutator, is there any way this could be modified to work with dedicated servers? I don't know much about making mutators, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there needs to be some sort of addition to it that forces the download of the mutator from the server to the client, otherwise all the zeds will be invisible to any clients that do not have the mutator installed already.

Does anyone know how this can be done, or if the original author can be contacted about it?

Regarding the whitelisted "forever dead scums" mutator, is there any way this could be modified to work with dedicated servers? I don't know much about making mutators, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there needs to be some sort of addition to it that forces the download of the mutator from the server to the client, otherwise all the zeds will be invisible to any clients that do not have the mutator installed already.

Does anyone know how this can be done, or if the original author can be contacted about it?

IF im correct you have to edit one of your files so that your server hooks it up or something, in the original post of the mut i remember people talking about it, ill see if i can find it again :D!

THIS!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by shah3211 said:
ok i finally got this mutator to work for me, with the help of sgtstress and gusone. thanks alot guys.

these are the steps i took to get it to work.
1. shut down your dedicated server.
2. add the two files for the mutator into the system folder.
3. open your killingfloor.ini with wordpad
4. find this section of your killingfloor.ini, [Engine.GameEngine]
and add this line below it,
ServerPackages=INeedBodies

mine now looks like this

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=32
UseSound=True
VoIPAllowVAD=False
ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=INeedBodies
ServerPackages=Core
ServerPackages=Engine
ServerPackages=Fire
ServerPackages=Editor
ServerPackages=IpDrv
ServerPackages=UWeb
ServerPackages=GamePlay
ServerPackages=UnrealGame
ServerPackages=XGame
ServerPackages=XInterface
ServerPackages=GUI2K4
ServerPackages=xVoting
UseStaticMeshBatching=True
ColorHighDetailMeshes=False
ColorSlowCollisionMeshes=False
ColorNoCollisionMeshes=False
ColorWorldTextures=False
ColorPlayerAndWeaponTextures=False
ColorInterfaceTextures=False
MainMenuClass=KFGUI.KFMainMenu
ConnectingMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4ServerLoading
DisconnectMenuClass=KFGUI.KFDisconnectPage
SinglePlayerMenuClass=KFGUI.KFMainMenu
InstantActionMenuClass=KFGUI.KFMainMenu
LoadingClass=ROInterface.ROServerLoading
ServerPackages=ROEffects
ServerPackages=ROEngine
ServerPackages=ROInterface
ServerPackages=KFMod
ServerPackages=KFChar

5. restart your server.
6. go to your webadmin mutator page, you will now see a mutator called "Forver dead scums"
7. select the mutator and restart the map.

hope this help those who were having problems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
they're already maxed. Even the guy with an onboard intel isn't having a problem with it though, so it can't be too bad.

However, I've heard a report from Fel (though so far no one else) that they get a version mismatch error on INeedBodies when trying to connect. Is there some explaination as to why they are getting the error, or a fix I can suggest for the people who get it?

Upvote 0
they're already maxed. Even the guy with an onboard intel isn't having a problem with it though, so it can't be too bad.

However, I've heard a report from Fel (though so far no one else) that they get a version mismatch error on INeedBodies when trying to connect. Is there some explaination as to why they are getting the error, or a fix I can suggest for the people who get it?

If im correct mismatch is because your versions are different.... Games/Mut i don't know which o_O...) Also i wanna play with you mr panic!

Upvote 0