• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Need help with dedicated server?

BFG

Apr 22, 2010
I configured the KillingFloor.ini folder in my system folder to my preferences, started my server up with the kf_server_launcher, and it just uses the default settings, none of configurations did anything. It's also on LAN, and I can't find out how to set it to internet. Could someone help?

You've already had two. ffjason's reply is accurate, if you are starting the game on the same computer that you are intending to play the game on, or on the same internal network, it will only show up as a LAN server from your game. If you are having trouble with configuration changes that you have made, then double-check the steps that you have taken against the guide, and check other guides such as the wiki [url]http://www.kf-wiki.com/wiki/Dedicated_server[/URL] and post again with the exact steps you've taken if this fails.

Upvote 0
I've read through both guides multiple times, still couldn't find anything. I set the KillingFloor.ini to 40 max players, then launched the game with kf_server_launcher. The cmd log read 6 players, I logged into the game, and it said that the max amount of players was 6. I then edited the kf_server_launcher to 40 max players, launched it, the cmd log then read 40 players, though when I logged into the game, it said only 6 players.

Upvote 0
You cannot manually change the player number count above 6 without using a mutator or a command script. Take a looky through this post.
I read all 5 pages on it, since has been months since that post was made, will the mutators still disable perks/achievements/leveling? I want a way to raise the player count over the 6+ limit without having to use the set Engine.GameInfo MaxPlayers command every match, while still being able to use perks, gain achievements, and level them.

Upvote 0
I read all 5 pages on it, since has been months since that post was made, will the mutators still disable perks/achievements/leveling? I want a way to raise the player count over the 6+ limit without having to use the set Engine.GameInfo MaxPlayers command every match, while still being able to use perks, gain achievements, and level them.

Killing floor is designed for 6 players.

you can use the perk replacement muator to allow your players to use perks. But none of the other features will work.

If you want this changed.... keep dreaming i guess.

Upvote 0
I don't think there is a mutator in the public realm. The topic linked to before should have all the details, also if you use the search function you'll probably find quite a few other topics discussing it too.
I searched through the topics above and have been trying to find it by using google, and on this website, still nothing. No actual links or downloads for it, anyway. Found plenty of topics discussing it, they didn't help though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0