• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

some ideas

S3R4PH!M

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 27, 2010
well.. as the name says in this thread i'll tle you some of my ideas^^

1 Different specimen skins
all the specimens look the same and in my opinion thats boring. i think there should be some different skins for the specimens. such like scrakes with other clothes(or they have been damaged or theyre dirty) or the gorefasts having different blades or in general specimens have some scars from fighting against other survivors.

2 Pathfinding
yes i know this is NOT Left 4 Dead and please dont quote that to say "you know? then shut up!", but i think its unrealistic, that all the specimens know your exact position from the beginning of the game. they should know the general direction but it should be possible to hide somewhere so some specemens go their way in any direction but they dont see you until its obvious where you are or you shoot a weapon.

3 special specimens
they were already mentioned and i think ist a good idea to have some special specimens whose apperance depend ont the map. for example i would suggest a mutated farmer with a pitchfork or a police officer who still uses his 9mm pistol etc.

yes i know this is NOT Left 4 Dead and please dont quote that to say "you know? then shut up!", but i think its unrealistic, that all the specimens know your exact position from the beginning of the game. they should know the general direction but it should be possible to hide somewhere so some specemens go their way in any direction but they dont see you until its obvious where you are or you shoot a weapon.

That would make the game really too easy. For example. You know how big is Icebreaker? The maximum number of Zeds at the same time is 32. They usually appear in a group of 4-5. So you have like 6 squads of zeds who are roaming through that huge map and they try to find you. That means no challenge at all and most people will probably like: ''This is way too slow, it's been an hour now and we are still at wave 4!''. That's why this idea shouldn't be included. And lets not forget that if you want realism go play RO. I don't think a human is able to wear a LAW with 15 rockets, a chainsaw and 11 grenades with him + pistol and knife. And why would it be unrealistic, maybe they can see through walls.

Upvote 0
I never played KF-Mod but ive fiddled with SDK and ive seen rumors of a specimen called the Soldier? who used a gun and had armor on ect?..... Anyone play mod that can clarify this? O_O

the soldier zombie was never released but he would carry around a shotgun, and when he would spot you, he would stop, fire 2 blasts in your direction and then move up and do the same. he was like the husk pretty much, long range, stop, fire, move, stop, fire. etc.

kf-soldierzombie.jpg

Upvote 0
It has been suggested in another thread to have multiple models for each specimen. So, with this in mind, imagine if each specimen had 4 alternate skins, now that would be 9x4 skins to load every time you play a game. This would slow down the slower computers even more.

My math may be wrong, but the idea i am trying to project to you is that while this is a good idea, it's not going to help the people who get in to a game at wave 2/3 when everyone else from the previous game got in on wave 1.

Upvote 0
That would make the game really too easy. For example. You know how big is Icebreaker? The maximum number of Zeds at the same time is 32. They usually appear in a group of 4-5. So you have like 6 squads of zeds who are roaming through that huge map and they try to find you. That means no challenge at all and most people will probably like: ''This is way too slow, it's been an hour now and we are still at wave 4!''. That's why this idea shouldn't be included. And lets not forget that if you want realism go play RO. I don't think a human is able to wear a LAW with 15 rockets, a chainsaw and 11 grenades with him + pistol and knife. And why would it be unrealistic, maybe they can see through walls.

^^^THIS^^^

The pathfinding thingy wouldnt work out.

Upvote 0