• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game load time issues

Colonel Panic

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Any map after the first map has a very high probability of taking a VERY long time to load, giving it the appearance that the game has locked up.

I've tried the caching fix posted on this forum, but the result is basically this:

The "best case scenario" load time has been decreased dramatically... it now takes me maybe 2-5 seconds to load my first map, and maybe 20% of the time on maps after the first map.

The "worst case scenario" load time remains at about 5-10 MINUTES, and yet 80% of the time, when switching maps, it will still take that long to load.

There is no in-between. Either the map loads in a couple seconds, or it takes two orders of magnitude LONGER to load, and gives the impression that the game has just hung at the loading screen (though if you wait long enough, it will load -eventually-, so it hasn't really crashed, it just seems like it has)

At this point I'm just exiting the game and re-starting if it takes more than 10 seconds to load the game, because I know that if it doesn't load in 10 seconds, it's going to be at least 5 minutes, and it's faster to exit and restart.

This is, however, a huge inconvenience... it would be nice if the game just worked.

I've got the same problem, and to be honest it really takes away from the game. Say I'm playing a map over and over, west london for example. The first time I load it map it may take a few seconds to load, the next time it'll take five minutes, third a few seconds, the download time being completely random. Best example I can give, I and some friend were playing westlondon on beginner with the pandemonium mutator. When we restarted the map my computer took so long to load that I got up, made some sandwiches and a drink, and came back. I left my computer loading while I watched tv, and when the game finally did load the rest of my team had already started and were on wave 8. Wave 8 on pandemonium...

Upvote 0