• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Specimen Only Mutators

sure as hell does! don't know how many more times people have to report the broken nature of the game before this get taken seriously :rolleyes:

only problem is that in 7 months all we've seemed to accomplish was getting some map whitelist updates.....apparently these days, nobody cares enough about the mutators whitelist, or even KF for that matter.

it's on the backburner, but that's not permanent. RO was never abandoned.

Upvote 0
im looking forward to the new RO HoS but at the same time, KF is in need of fixing, and these arent big fixes either, these are small EASY fixes that'd take like 5 seconds: de whitelist specimen only mutators, limit the amount of M14 ammo, limit the amount of pipebombs that a demo can buy, etc. 1 person from the TWI team (xienen? hes the coder?) could do this in one day, it'd probably take him an hour. but somehow there is nothing being done about it. of course i dont expect everything to be fixed in one day, but these things greatly needed and they just happen to be quick quick fixes.

PS: i dont mean to sound like a jerk or put down TWI, theyre my favorite, just really wish they'd take care of this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i am also looking forward to RO:HOS stuff but i agree with you from the stance that KF does deserve some attention....been quite a while since the last major update. and you're right, it makes no sense that these "little" issues have not been taken care of. if you can do a mini update with the map whitelisting, shouldn't it be just as "easy" to do with the mutators? additionally stupid little bugs that've been reported for months, example a couple well-known map exploits in stock maps that've been there since day 1.......what happened to patches? i understand that actual content updates should be spread out due to the amount of work involved, but it's been such a long time since a even a meaningful patch has been released. hmmmm, now i appear to be showing my frustration in two forums now with the same general concern for this lapse in activity. :(

Upvote 0