• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quering master server

Me and my partner are having the same issue! "Querying Master Server" and it just sits there. Eventually it'll come back with like 9-10 servers and that's it.

No patch to fix the long load issues in SIX MONTHS but Tripwire has the time to make a new f'ing commercial to stick on the Ready Up screen but you can't fix the damned game???? Now there's problems with the Master Servers and they're not fixed yet.

Does Tripwire give a crap about it's paying users? It doesn't look like it. I'm not buying the character packs and I'm not buying your t-shirts and hats and I'm not going to be buying anymore of your games if you can't show your paying customers that you care by fixing the game that you broke with your wonderful Nov 09 patch.

I know all companies have issues with servers and software, that's nothing new and sometimes it takes a little time to fix. But this is rediculous. I get no response from Tripwire and all I see are msg's from other users that have the same issues. Are we just being ignored?

Thanks

Sark

Upvote 0
Me and my partner are having the same issue! "Querying Master Server" and it just sits there. Eventually it'll come back with like 9-10 servers and that's it.

No patch to fix the long load issues in SIX MONTHS but Tripwire has the time to make a new f'ing commercial to stick on the Ready Up screen but you can't fix the damned game???? Now there's problems with the Master Servers and they're not fixed yet.

Does Tripwire give a crap about it's paying users? It doesn't look like it. I'm not buying the character packs and I'm not buying your t-shirts and hats and I'm not going to be buying anymore of your games if you can't show your paying customers that you care by fixing the game that you broke with your wonderful Nov 09 patch.

I know all companies have issues with servers and software, that's nothing new and sometimes it takes a little time to fix. But this is rediculous. I get no response from Tripwire and all I see are msg's from other users that have the same issues. Are we just being ignored?

Thanks

Sark

Tripwire does not run the Master Servers for Killing Floor, Steam handles those. If you restart Steam, the problem *may* clear up. Valve has released an official Press Release stating that they are working on the issue. Perhaps it'd be best to get the facts straight before pointing a finger at Tripwire, as many of Tripwire's fans are fans of Tripwire simply because we do care about our customers.

Upvote 0
Try my link for the manual update. If that does not help, all we can do at this point is wait for Valve to sort out the new Master Server issues. I know they are working hard at it. They want people playing games just as much as you want to play them.

But we are also recommending server owners restart their servers so the new master server has the best chance of picking them up sooner rather than later.

Upvote 0
Tripwire does not run the Master Servers for Killing Floor, Steam handles those. If you restart Steam, the problem *may* clear up. Valve has released an official Press Release stating that they are working on the issue. Perhaps it'd be best to get the facts straight before pointing a finger at Tripwire, as many of Tripwire's fans are fans of Tripwire simply because we do care about our customers.

Well I haven't seen this 'care' and I may've been incorrect when pointing the finger at Tripwire for the Master Server issue but I'm not incorrect in pointing the finger at TW for not fixing the long load bug. I've seen it said that it's an isolated problem that only a few have reported, I guess that's why just about everyone on every server DISCONNECTS before the map change so they don't get hung up on this isolated problem that's plagued users for SIX MONTHS!

So what's the answer to that?

Either TW:

Doesn't care

or

Don't have the level of competence to find and fix the problem

or

Are waiting to release KF2 with the fix so everyone'll forget KF's issues

or

??????? You tell me.

Yes, I'm pissed! I really enjoy this game a lot and it brings great joy to me when me and my partner can forget all the problems of life for a little while and have a good time. Then have our computers lock up or stall at map changes and having to kill the KF process (IF we can get back to the desktop) and almost always losing the members of a team that was working well together.

And yes, this is most likely not the right forum subject to bring this up in but when I and others are pretty much being ignored on the subject I tend to get irritated.

Sark

Upvote 0
We have not been able to reproduce the issue on any of the 20 machines in our office(ranging from 1-6 years old). We have never seen the issue, only heard about it. If we are unable to cause the issue, we can not fix it. No one has found a pattern to the problem, be it hardware, other software, particular map combinations, using particular weapons, etc. We have spent weeks trying to track it down, but have never been able to make it happen, so we have concluded that it's a small percentage of people experiencing the issue, but the problem is so horrible to those experiencing it, they have all voiced their concerns. We hear all of you, and we wish we could fix it, but as I said, if we can't make it happen, we can not fix it.

Upvote 0
You wait.

Pointless bickering and complaining will not produce any results when the people you are complaining to are not in charge of the very system causing you problems. What does that mean?

Killing Floor is Tripwire. Steam is Valve. Killing Floor uses Steam. Tripwire relies on Valve. Tripwire is not Valve.

You cannot blame Tripwire for not being able to fix the loading bug if they cannot reproduce it themselves. What does that mean?

It means that if you have a disease I've never seen before and I were a doctor, I would have absolutely no idea how to cure it because I've never seen it before. You can't fix something you can't see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0