• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ClassicMode mutator [Request]

RoBoT

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Syria
for KFmod players, remember KF2.0-2.11 when it wasn't there any perks?
well Im think that probably someone should make mut that disable perks and edits few things like:

- Changing money cost for some weapons, like medic gun as an example, making it cost less money because its not that powerful without perk and too way expensive.
I suggest weapons: [AA12/Katana/Chainsaw/M32/M79/MP7/M14/Scar]

- Reducing the damage to yourself abit from demolition weapons (including the explosion distance) and Flamethrower.

- Increasing damage abit to few weapons.
I suggest weapons: [Katana/Chainsaw/M79/M32/Flamethrower/MP7/LAW]

- Increasing weight carry 3-5 blocks and 2 Grenades but makes you more slower than normal if your full weight.

why I think its great idea?
1. It will stop M14 being overpowered weapon.
2. You wouldn't be able to kill fleshpound from 1 stick in head with Xbow.
3. It will stop rambo players who used to play as medic lvl6.
4. You don't have to worry about map if its whitelisted or not.
5. The challenging in game will stay and makes hard mode feels like suicidal.

its just an Idea and hoping someone could do that, please post if you would to include your suggest :)

Last edited:
Suggestion:
the spawns from 2.11 could be here too. I hate to see zombies spawning in front of me in lvls like office... or places where there's no chance of zombies to be there...
its hard to do that for a mutator, you have to edit the map to do that
though I used 2.11 spawn style (zeds spawns outside of playable area) for my KF-Streetv3-FiX

Upvote 0
Well, you know how when you play with an un-whitelisted mutator, perks disable themselves aaand then you get the "old KF" experience, with whatever the mutator changes. If it's just the whitelisting code part of it that actually allows perks, you could just make:

KF - NON-WHITLISTED MUTATOR THAT DOESN'T REALLY DO ANYTHING

No whitelisting code in there, 'eh? So that'll do NOTHING for the game but it will disable perks because the game picks up "non-whitelisted mutator" and it disables perks to prevent exploits.

I'm no coder, so this is just a wild guess. :D

Upvote 0