• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design The Hive

defaultu.png

Well, can't find a single server hosting this map ;_;

Upvote 0

In my opinion it is done as it should be done. And it doesn't need to be like the movie any more. And again, asking, would there be V3???

Upvote 0
You're probably missing ResidentEvil.usx. All the files are in the archive, although you do need to put all the files in the correct places.

Keyboard.u under System
KF-TheHiveV1.rom under Maps
MenuSounds.uax under Sounds
ResidentEvil.usx under StaticMeshes
and all the *.ogg files under Music.

Okay, I found the file, it had wound up in the wrong folder somehow... that got it to export properly, however I have a new problem: when I connect to the server and it downloads the map and other files, it finishes downloading "keyboard", and then gives me a Connection Failed error with "keyboard" version mismatch.

Upvote 0
Okay, I found the file, it had wound up in the wrong folder somehow... that got it to export properly, however I have a new problem: when I connect to the server and it downloads the map and other files, it finishes downloading "keyboard", and then gives me a Connection Failed error with "keyboard" version mismatch.

You need to have the map installed and from the information I've gathered, everyone needs to have it installed if they want to play on a dedicated server. There is always going to be a version mismatch. People cannot download the map from the server and play.

Sucks.

2nd version of Hive fixes this but in my opinion it's complete crap compared to this one. It looks a lot better and many bugs are fixed. But it feels like the author got lazy halfway through of updating this one and just copy/pasted his other map, Raccoon International Airport, as the 2nd section of map and called it a day.

Upvote 0
You need to have the map installed and from the information I've gathered, everyone needs to have it installed if they want to play on a dedicated server. There is always going to be a version mismatch. People cannot download the map from the server and play.

Sucks.

2nd version of Hive fixes this but in my opinion it's complete crap compared to this one. It looks a lot better and many bugs are fixed. But it feels like the author got lazy halfway through of updating this one and just copy/pasted his other map, Raccoon International Airport, as the 2nd section of map and called it a day.

Well if the second version gets whitelisted, I'll worry about adding that to my server... but for now I guess we're just out of luck.

Upvote 0