• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design AVP's Fix For KF-IceBreaker

avp2501

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Lost in the land of Magic
Haven't got much time today So I'll just write this very quick post.

I think I've found why IceBreaker doesn't sway online, it's the same thing that was stopping GanjaFarm Reweeded from working.

Basically its the trigger not triggering when playing on a dedicated server.

Here I've included a edited version of KF-IceBreaker with the trigger changed, This should now work on dedicated servers but haven't got a chance to test it out this week.

Can someone have a try and see if it works.

DOWNLOAD: [url]http://www.filefront.com/16052393/undefined[/URL]

If you think its a trigger issue, may I ask what trigger you are using now? I have a map where a trigger that i really want activated at map start. I make it triggerOnceOnly = true, fairly large collision radius, trigger type is player collision or whatever its called. But the trick is need to place the trigger not right where they spawn, or it doesnt go off for some reason. So put it a short distance away, in the spot you anticpiate people will most likely go to in the first few seconds of the level. If there's a better way to guarantee a trigger at start of map I would like to know thx.

Upvote 0
Shame it didn't work.

I've found that using the "PlayerStart" event isn't very reliable when used on a dedicated server for some reason (Except animations etc).

After trying out many different kinds of triggers I found the best one for me to setup the level is to have an AIScript with a short timer and then the Event. This way when the map loads and players are picking their perks the AIScript is actually running in the backround and allows the Map to run any level setups that need doing before the players spawn.

I found this a great method for using movers that blocked paths while creating maps (Path Rebuild) and when the level starts they move out of the way leaving me with the path network I wanted without relying on the unrelyable "Proscribed" path network.

Personally I believe that the AIScript has done its job and triggered the Event, and that the issue maybe something to do either with the "BETimedTrigger's" or the "ViewShaker" not working for some reason.

I know this isn't a big deal for most but I love the atmosphere in good KF maps and the camera sway really delivers this feel so I'd like to see it work in online games.

PS. I just noticed that the "ViewShaker" activates an Event called "caca" but what uses the Event "caca"? Can't find it anywhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0