• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I was disappointed with the AUG. It seemed really weak for some reason...even though it is supposed to be stronger than the XM8 and AEK. I felt more effective with the latter two. M16 is alright in my hands. Though, I once 'sneaked' up on an AFK sniper, put my sights directly in the middle of his head and started to fire...and every burst beyond the first one apparently went through him, as I saw bullet impacts in front of him. I made sure to take time and align each burst too. And apparently one burst with the M16 at close range isn't enough to kill someone. Who knew!

Upvote 0
I bought this game because one clan I play with was starting a server and I was tired of the MW2 multiplayer...
I expected more of this game, as "standard" weapons are horrible, specially the AEK971 and AN94... where is the good old AK47?
I do not understand how a "realistic" FPS can not prone... it is only me who miss that?
The enviroment destruction is nice, and vegetation is nice also.
Something I hate is that every player can take sniper. That makes some maps an sniper party where everybody camps and nobody advances and captures...
I hear about M1-M14... how do I get that?

Upvote 0
I bought this game because one clan I play with was starting a server and I was tired of the MW2 multiplayer...
I expected more of this game, as "standard" weapons are horrible, specially the AEK971 and AN94... where is the good old AK47?
I do not understand how a "realistic" FPS can not prone... it is only me who miss that?
Something I hate is that every player can take sniper. That makes some maps an sniper party where everybody camps and nobody advances and captures...
M14 you unlock at level 21, but you get the G3 at level 22 which is a vastly better gun.

The M1 you get by setting up your veteran status, if you go to the BC2 website and login (with your in game login details) then click Soldier>Veteran Status you can do it. To qualify you need Veteran level 2, it goes by how many BF games you own, you enter your account or CD key details for each game to add them and up your status. One other BF game in conjuntion with BFBC2 will get you the Garand.

Upvote 0
The ability to jump from any height, pop open a parachute and land safely should have been your first clue that realism is NOT on this game's job description.....:p

I would imagine the no prone is their answer to dolphin diving?

Upvote 0
I suppose, but Call of Duty never had dolphin diving problems - just copy the way proning works in that game. And now we have the problem of some cover not being sufficient enough (I've been killed a number of times while crouching behind objects that blocked the view in front of me - because on MY screen, it was of sufficient height.) But...I have to say, this way IS much better than dolphin diving. But that being said, why can't they just get a good proning system in...they completely over reacted to dolphin diving.

Upvote 0
The removal of prone has nothing to do with dolphin diving, and everything to do with trying to change the kind of FPS features players expect.

It's a subtle thing, but it's insidious. They're making games with the veneer of realism while sparring themselves the dev time to make sure it works and is balanced. It's a lot easier to design game play around people running around the streets like armed chickens with their heads cut off.

Upvote 0
Dolphin diving was actually fixed more or less in BF2 and 2142 also.

The crouch thing seems to be simply a side effect of "consolization." There are a lot of things that have to be done to accommodate consoles. Sparse graphical settings and control options, toned down in-game functionality, etc. Once they send it to PC development, the game must simply be made to work right and all is considered well.

One thing BC2 absolutely needs though is a patch to fix the issue with latency and ping displays. The server browser could update a lot faster, too. Apparently EA's servers have a hard time coping with the sheer number of players, making it difficult to fetch everything quickly and correctly.

It's a situation I find odd, considering the number of people who still play BF2 and 2142.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm unsure why, but I can't really play this game anymore.

The problem seemed to start yesterday. It takes like ~2.5 minutes to update my stats when I first log in. Then it takes about the same to join a server. Finally, once I'm in a server, the lag is bad enough to were I can't play anymore. I'll spawn and try to move and next thing I know I've been teleported 20 feet ahead into enemy fire and then the damage indicator comes up and 5 seconds later I'm dead.

I've tried various servers. Same thing. My connection is fine.

Upvote 0
I'm having no problems with lag or the server browser at all, apart from the fact that the server browser often doesn't display the correct number of people in a server, so that a server that has 21/24 players is actually full. And sometimes favoriting a server doesn't work at all.

You guys who want prone in this game are looney... snipers are overrated as it is already, adding prone would make it even worse. Besides, it's not like you really need prone anyway. Prone is a must-have for tactical shooters, but arcade FPS? Meh, who cares.

The AN-94 is not a standard weapon and it's one of the best assault rifles in the game. They probably didn't include the AK-47 because it's a horribly clich

Upvote 0
I also think its cool that they put in the AEK instead of the normal AK, and its pretty accurate to its design which was to be able to fire full auto with good accuracy. However, I don't understand why not be a little more true to reality and add the AK-74? Its not as cliche as the AK-47 (which should actually be called AKM in most games, but that's just a gun nut being **** right there.) I guess since it looks like the older model that most would call it an AK-47. I mean, the AEK isn't featured in any other game because it is hardly used by anyone...but the principle is they went with something different for once, and that's a refreshing change and I guess I should be happy with that.

Also I agree: AN-94 is a beastly *** AR. I only use the M16, AN-94 and the HK416 now that I have everything unlocked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0