• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Specimenation Versus Mod vs. 200 and over

When healing, it seems to use all 100 healing points when you heal another player. And I *think* it might use 50 when healing yourself, but, I'd have to double-check.

Sometimes spawn points are -nowhere- near the human players, or even where the other zombies are spawning from.

Sometimes, when you die as a human, you spawn in the wrong trader room in between waves, so, you can't get out. It always seems that that trader is the next one though, so you always get out on the next wave.

There were more, but I forgot them, and the people that know can't remember either. I hope some of this helps. =]

Upvote 0
About trader, seen worse stuff, like spawn OUTSIDE trader like wtf! O_O

And also there is a little bug about headshots. Sometimes FP/Scrake die with 1 HIT to head of Xbow. Of course it also is in original, but for Versus headshots shouldn't really affect FPs and Scrakes as far as they are human players who want to have fun, not die as soon as spawned...

And the FP never has red battery when rage. Kind of bug, thing you wanted to be, or just didn't bother that yet? :p

Upvote 0
And also there is a little bug about headshots. Sometimes FP/Scrake die with 1 HIT to head of Xbow. Of course it also is in original, but for Versus headshots shouldn't really affect FPs and Scrakes as far as they are human players who want to have fun, not die as soon as spawned...

And the FP never has red battery when rage. Kind of bug, thing you wanted to be, or just didn't bother that yet? :p
That only happens in normal mode, but, that is normal. It SHOULD happen.

Yeah, that was another bug I meant to mention, but, it was one of the ones I forgot. Thanks. =]

Upvote 0
That only happens in normal mode, but, that is normal. It SHOULD happen.

Nope, it happened on my friend's server on the SUICIDAL mode, he was sure of himself. He took me down with Xbow headshots... 1 shot = FP died... WTF >_<
But ye, that happens even without mutator... but for this mutator human players need some kind of resistance from headshots for some speciments... specially Scrakes and FPs... 1 headshot = DEAD!? On SUICIDAL!? OK, could happen ofc, but damn, for Versus it's really heck of unfair play... And another unfair thing is people most likely enjoy being husks and stalkers, awhile being FPs and Scrakes now is pain in the... butt... if u know what I mean :'(
It kinda destroys the gameplay >.>

Upvote 0
Nope, it happened on my friend's server on the SUICIDAL mode, he was sure of himself. He took me down with Xbow headshots... 1 shot = FP died... WTF >_<
But ye, that happens even without mutator... but for this mutator human players need some kind of resistance from headshots for some speciments... specially Scrakes and FPs... 1 headshot = DEAD!? On SUICIDAL!? OK, could happen ofc, but damn, for Versus it's really heck of unfair play... And another unfair thing is people most likely enjoy being husks and stalkers, awhile being FPs and Scrakes now is pain in the... butt... if u know what I mean :'(
It kinda destroys the gameplay >.>
You need a high perk level to kill an FP with a crossbow (in one hit), but, I guess those are being forced. But, if that is how it's supposed to be in the normal game, I say it should stay.

Nah, whenever I'm a husk I get raped. The only effective way to be a husk is to shoot from afar, or to fire and keep taking cover, both of which are incredibly cheap. And there's quite a few really good sharpshooters we play with, so they usually get me anyhow.

Nah, I love being a Fleshpound. I always kill at least one person with a fleshpound, sometimes like four. I've even killed every human player by getting one while they were trying to recover from other stuff.

Scrake, on the other hand blows. Your ability to hit is so horizontally small that the humans ability to strafe makes it very hard to hit. I'm usually the only one who does any damage with a Scrake, and even then, it's hard, and I don't do nearly as much as a CPU Scrake does.

Upvote 0
About FPs is the same what u said about Scrakes, to me. I ALWAYS hit, but not much enough since I die right after I hit.

And about HUSK DUDE OMG it's THE BEST speciment so far! U need to learn how to use him ;)
1. Spawn far in sky and keep shooting! They won't even know where u r! :)
2. If no sky-spawning, then go behind the wall of the room they are in and simply shoot through walls (kinda exploit, yep)
3. Wait for when they are in trader and shoot through trader doors (same u can do ith Bloat)
4. if u play at maps such as Ganja Farm, simply go behind the mountains, shoot when u r sure they dun c u, and if they go in ur dirrection, simply hide. If they throw nades, strafe/run to any nearby mountain but dun expose urself :)
5. Shoot under legs, not directly at humen! It doesn't hit them like that, it damages only when hits ground.

Upvote 0
Anti-camping will now be implemented. Renders all your w00tings obsolete.

Any husk that camps in one place will get a spawned law in the face.
I'm sorry, but that is just retarded. Not to mention entirely unnecessary.

Out of all of the legitimate problems and glitches I (along with quite a few other people) have mentioned, you're trying to change people playing unfairly? I mean, hell, just go up to them and shoot them if you have a problem with them camping. Spawning a law bullet just seems really, really unnecessary. I don't even think I'd update if that was in it.

EDIT: If you're dead-set on doing this, at least make it optional. Forcing people to play with a configuration you'd pick kind of sucks. This goes for the strafing and the stalkers being invisible, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anti-camping will now be implemented. Renders all your w00tings obsolete.

Any husk that camps in one place will get a spawned law in the face.

... You're kidding, right? Perhaps you aren't entirely aware, but, like it or not, your project has numerous bugs that affect the gameplay significantly, yet it seems like you're practically determined to ignore an overwhelming majority of the real problems.

In short, before making it possible for a type of specimen unit explode for absolutely no good reason, attend to the plethora of other problems.

Anyway, if such a feature were implemented with no way to disable it, I'd actually have to consider removing the Specimenation files from my computer altogether.

Upvote 0
He's kidding I bet! :)

And about NECCECARY stuff - PAT CAMPING! I had a problem with a Pat who went far away from the map so I couldn't shoot him ANY ways, and meanwhile all speciments were spawning to kill me. There was NO way to win, not even nades helped, he was too far away. Plus sometimes AFK players get the Patty. It pisses off too. But I got a solution - do that like it's done with Tank in l4d - If u r camping too long without dealing any damage to humen then u should loose control and someone else could be Patty! :)

And about Husks and Bloats camping - LAW is TOO much, but I think I got a better idea. Make Husks and Bloats die when trader closes, so they couldn't camp for the players like that :)

Who agrees with me - type "I love bananas!" :D

Upvote 0
... You're kidding, right? Perhaps you aren't entirely aware, but, like it or not, your project has numerous bugs that affect the gameplay significantly, yet it seems like you're practically determined to ignore an overwhelming majority of the real problems.

In short, before making it possible for a type of specimen unit explode for absolutely no good reason, attend to the plethora of other problems.

Anyway, if such a feature were implemented with no way to disable it, I'd actually have to consider removing the Specimenation files from my computer altogether.

How long has it been since I released a update? Have you wondered that maybe I am? Do you think I am having fun here trying to iron out replication bugs? You are being my medium and knowing what I am thinking, yet you don't research my replies and see it for your own eyes, what I could be doing.

I read this thread everyday, and thank lots of people for finding bugs, I am not a mod team, I am one person, this community is my mod team. Anyone could make suggestions, and find bugs, but suggestions have to be within what I already done (add ons). It's hard testing out bugs and such all the time when its only you and your pc trying to emulate them. Somtimes its guess and see.

I am not putting anti-camping I was just playing with your w00t.

The patty thing what I am thinking of right now is maybe either Slow pat down, let other specimens just spawn as weak specimens ( Should be anyway), a anti-camp for pat, so AFK players don't ruin the game.

Husk and bloat cannot do anything at trader time.

Need more gameplay stuff now.

In the beginning when I thought of this. I thought teams could switch around after one dies or wins, but then I thought I would get bored playing the same map again.

Upvote 0
Actually it isn't that boring, especially that most players want to play same map and switch places, so that would be easier like that :)
And about camping in too-far-away places, maybe do something like is in original, like when speciments can't get humen for certainly long time, they die after some peroid of time :p
That was Husk won't camp for long :)

Upvote 0
I read this thread everyday, and thank lots of people for finding bugs, I am not a mod team, I am one person, this community is my mod team. Anyone could make suggestions, and find bugs, but suggestions have to be within what I already done (add ons). It's hard testing out bugs and such all the time when its only you and your pc trying to emulate them. Somtimes its guess and see.

I am not putting anti-camping I was just playing with your w00t.

The patty thing what I am thinking of right now is maybe either Slow pat down, let other specimens just spawn as weak specimens ( Should be anyway), a anti-camp for pat, so AFK players don't ruin the game.

Husk and bloat cannot do anything at trader time.

Need more gameplay stuff now.

In the beginning when I thought of this. I thought teams could switch around after one dies or wins, but then I thought I would get bored playing the same map again.
If you ever want help testing, myself and a few players I can get would always be interested. Let me know any time. I can PM you my AIM/MSN IM dealies if you like.

Thank god, I was worried. XD

If you do, make that optional too. I don't have any problems with AFK players or anything like that. The person who gets to be the Patriarch is always excited and, well, present. XD

Assuming the door closes. Not all stages have working doors, and even so, sometimes you get stuck outside or spawn outside them. If possible, I'd say to kill all specimens once everyone has actually gotten in and started the whole trader sequence.

I get a game-breaking crash if -anyone- tries to change from the zombie team to the human's team (i.e. someone who joins could spawn as a zombie, type changerace, pick human, and crash the server). Also, all the other bugs I've reported before, bots likely being the biggest thing, as they do not function at all for me.

Upvote 0
the afk players NEED to be NOT optional, is it optional for L4D for example? NAH and it's GOOD idea! Imagine u r playing, excited cuz u c Pat, then u c he dun move cuz he's afk and humanS kill him... lol definatelly upsetting :p
I think it should be optional. I don't know how you play (and there are plenty of situations where I could see it being useful), but I play with a group of friends from a board I frequent, and we're all on mumble (it's like TeamSpeak or Ventrilo, but better) chatting while we play. Anyhow, none of us are ever away from our computers while playing, and if for some reason they were, we'd know and just /kick them. Having an auto-AFKer just seems like it'd cause problems (if anything at all) for a server like mine. So since I'd stand nothing to gain from it, and have the potential to have problems, why not have it optional for people like me (of which I'm sure there's plenty)?

Anyhow, Cheetah, you may consider releasing a new version if you have been able to fix all these bugs we've been reporting. It'd help iron out any potential further bugs more quickly, and get future versions out at an earlier date. Plus, it would let us see if there are any persisting bugs.

Upvote 0
Dude, the fact ur team is OK doesn't mean on normal servers where just random ppl join ppl will be cool too. And the AFK-thing would help, cuz won't for sure be a prob. Like it checks if the player attacked, moved, did anything for like last 5 minutes, if not, the person won't be Pat. That's what MUST be done in order to make the gameplay fun, not annoying with AFK players (Please make a note I didn't write MUST as in the meaning it's a demand, but as a solution for people who got annoyed by AFK Players, read whole sentence to understand meaning instead of rush with your trolling words). Plus mostly human players of human team would never kick someone who is sure win for them! :/

And lol I might disagree about releasing next version, first it's better to think about ironing it out then check if it's ready, and if is, then he could simply name it not a Beta but ready product :)

And lol why do some servers still run B3 or older versions!? Please, tell server owners who use old Versus versions to update cuz it's kinda annoying, c B4 having 0 players awhile B3 has like full o_O

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Keep the discussions on topic. This is a fair (and the only) warning to everyone in this thread.
With all due respect, my most recent post was on-topic. We were debating about the game. And mod or not, it's messed up to remove my response when it was just as on-topic as his, and entirely relevant to the thread. Not once in it did I insult anyone or break any forum rules. It was an entirely legitimate post discussing a disagreement I have with BenioX. Last I checked, it was rude behavior, insults, etc. that were not allowed, not just two people not seeing eye to eye. If you have a specific problem with one of my posts, feel free to PM me, and I'll comply with whatever it is you ask. But deleting something legitimate that I spent time writing degrades the quality of the forums, and is counter-intuitive to your position.

Anyhow, the basic gist was:

Whether or not you think it's necessary, it'd either only cause problems or just unnecessarily waste resources. It should be optional. Also, it would appear I misunderstood your must, thanks for editing.

Assuming he has been ironing out kinks all along, he will have accomplished quite a bit by now, so it seems everyone (including him) could benefit from him releasing another beta, that way we can congratulate him on stuff he's fixed, and point out further problems, if any. Anyhow, you don't go from a beta to a final without testing in the wild, and considering this test produced a -ton- of bugs, it's not ready yet.

I think some people may be confused, since the readme and file name still say B2, and the mutator itself says it's B3 in-game, even thought it would seem it's been updated since, and is now B4. I realize that it's largely aesthetic, but, at the same time, they may extract it, see that it's called awesomeclot2.u/ucx and go "Oh, I already have this" considering that B1 was called awesomeclot.u/ucx. Same goes for the readme saying it's B2.

Upvote 0
Don't argue with moderators of the forum...
But ye, 2 guys started trolling and alot of posts got deleted, kind of unfair, especially that I pointed out one important question - what to do with spawning mode? Clot happens to be not really a good idea since he can get stuck in some areas, and sometimes ur spawn mode stars in place u can't get out from cuz of too low seilings etc. I think the spawn mode should be more like a tiny pixel/dot. ANother problem with spawn mode is the "soap ride" which I mentioned many times. When u stop, u expect ur "clot" to stop, but he appearantelly gets soap-ride so it's hard to really choose the place to spawn at. And another thing is - the huds. It sometimes happens that u can see own characters (but I think it's just on listen servers and solo play) and that u can c spawning-mode huds (not really good in aestetics ways).

And yeah, the versions updates might be problem. I think each version should include different name is it was used to be before (like numbers, like Awesomeclot 200, 201, 202 etc) INCLUDED IN README TOO so ppl won't get confused and would update the servers imidiatelly. Another idea is we, forum users, should go on every server which doesn't run B4 and try to contact owner of the server about B4/latest updated Versus. I unfortunatelly can't do that myself since my server browser is... kind of acting retarded latelly and doesn't show all servers, even when all filters are off...

Any propositions, reports and opinions about some parts of versus, please, tell all now or be silenced forever! :) I really want it to be ready ASAP with all ironed out! :D

Upvote 0