• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Did the zerker community give up?

Imagine if the Zerker could take the FP arms and use them :D

That would be indeed be awesome, much like the firecanon for the firebug idea.

I also think a big *** nailgun (a modified one of course) with limited range would be nice......also I would LOVE a powerchainsaw like you see in those cutting contests with 250 horse power :D

Maybe.....dual wielding circular hand saws.......I better stop now :D

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
As for berserker, once a husk takes out your armor (only a few shots on suicidal) then you rely on a medic to heal the damage you WILL be taking from crawlers/sirens.

Crawlers: You know that little bullet launching thingy you have in your inventory? That pistol thingy? One headshot pops a crawler. Learn to time, when a giant group is coming at you, recognize immediate threats first, shoot the crawlers from the front and side, then dive into the group with your katana, relocate and repeat.

Sirens: Use a corner! Stand around a corner, they will walk around the corner. They take at least one full second to start screaming - By which time you should already have her head rolling along the floor.

People always say med > berserker. Well when a med runs out of that wonder armor generally one FP slash will kill him. Berserker has over all damage resistance, so when his armor is gone, it will still take at least two hits from an fp. 3 if you heal right after the first.

Upvote 0
i reported the post and it got an infraction and got him suspended.

where's my 14 bucks. :D

How about some rep instead, eh? =]

As for the 'Serker; I propose this.

Blunt weapons:

Advantages:

• Do more damage then the...er..."Piercing" weapons.
  • More of a chance to stun Specimens.
  • Can hit multiple Specimens at once.
Disadvantages:
  • Slower swing.
  • Costs more.
  • Weighs more.
  • Speed bonus is cut by 25-50 percent.
Now, some weapon suggestions:

Tier 1: Cricket Bat, BROKEN PIPE, baseball bat, crowbar, fire poker
Tier 2: Big wooden plank of some sorts, a bat with nails in it, shovel
Tier 3: Sledgehammer, executioner's axe/battle axe

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Crawlers: You know that little bullet launching thingy you have in your inventory? That pistol thingy? One headshot pops a crawler.

It says alot about the berserker class that it needs to switch to its starter weapon to take out the weakest enemy in the game. Zerkers can't consistently use their perk-specific weapon to kill them without taking damage.
Also, the 9mm doesn't necessarily kill a crawler on suicidal, unless you're a sharpshooter. 9mm does 25-35 damage and crawlers have 123 health.

People always say med > berserker

I didn't say that, although I do believe that a medic is better on a six player team than a berserker.

Lastly:
Husk > Zerker without Bow
And by ">" I mean "Very aggravating".

Upvote 0
Also, the 9mm doesn't necessarily kill a crawler on suicidal, unless you're a sharpshooter. 9mm does 25-35 damage and crawlers have 123 health.
Not because the crawler's health is of 123 that you can't kill it in 2 shots to the head. Bersek got a variety of weapons and he don't need an other one. And taking the crawlers out are not his job anyway. Just buff the primary attack of the chainsaw and you are good to go.

Upvote 0
It says alot about the berserker class that it needs to switch to its starter weapon to take out the weakest enemy in the game. Zerkers can't consistently use their perk-specific weapon to kill them without taking damage.

starter weapon = combat knife
weakest zed = clot

problem with the zerker class is that the majority of people that use it these days run around on their own trying to rack up kills. they get attacked by crawlers, sirens, husks etc....and they can't survive on their own, hence this is a team game and the other classes would clean up those zeds for you. as a zerker you should not be out running towards the specimens, you should be providing your team close quarters support as you are their last line of defense.

the issue is that now because other classes have had weapon boosts, there's less and less zeds reaching the team. zerkers get jealous and they go rambo on their own to get kills, not money, KILLS. as a zerker, you don't need much money once you've got your katana or chainsaw but people are too pissy about wanting to be on the top of the scoreboard so they just have to get their kills :rolleyes:

back in the day, zerkers knew better than to run around on their own. when the katana was added we started seeing more zerkers trying to rambo, at least until scrakes and fleshpounds started spawning, then they would rejoin the rest of the team. now, most people i see playing the class have no clue what the proper way to play is. zerkers used to have two main priorities, stunning scrakes and decapping FPs with the chainsaw. while the scrake stun is still a vital skill if your team's SS sucks, the chainsaw nerf and removal of the ability for FP decaps with the chainsaw absolutely killed the zerker class. now the SS has taken that role to handle scrakes and FPs.

if the chainsaw was reverted back to the way it was before the "levelup" update, and zerkers still had the ability to decap FPs, zerkers would be more encouraged to stay with the rest of the team and know that they can take down the "big boys" if they get too close to the team.

then again, so long as the scoreboard goes by kills and so long as their are kids with ADD, there'll always be killwhore zerkers running around trying to rambo. once they get mobbed by crawlers, they'll learn their lesson.

Upvote 0
To be honest tho the rambo phenomenon isn't really a zerker thing. For example before the big patch we always had supporters camping on their own until the later waves and now after the patch more and more ss and medics do it.

I always try to stay with my team, but even on hard people scatter and then wonder why they die.

Upvote 0

Well if you happen to be under level 5, then the pistol is all you get anyway, so you should be pretty good with it by the time you get something else. Should be.

Melon_Reaper said:
I didn't say that, although I do believe that a medic is better on a six player team than a berserker.
Lastly:
Husk > Zerker without Bow
And by ">" I mean "Very aggravating".

From this statement I can tell you are not very good with the Zerker. Dodge the husk, and then in most cases you can get right in his face before he fires again.

To be honest tho the rambo phenomenon isn't really a zerker thing. For example before the big patch we always had supporters camping on their own until the later waves and now after the patch more and more ss and medics do it.

I always try to stay with my team, but even on hard people scatter and then wonder why they die.

I like to 'rambo' as a Commando with a scar, 1 shot GL, and a katana.
People rambo because they are bored of camping. If I wanted to just sit in one spot and click on things i'd download an MMO.
Though lately i've been running around as a medic helping out when bored.

Upvote 0
starter weapon = combat knife
weakest zed = clot

To clarify, yes clots are weakest zed, but crawlers have less health. And I consider the pistol a starter weapon because you start the game with it, although i suppose it's technically a secondary weapon.

the issue is that now because other classes have had weapon boosts, there's less and less zeds reaching the team. zerkers get jealous and they go rambo on their own to get kills, not money, KILLS. as a zerker, you don't need much money once you've got your katana or chainsaw but people are too pissy about wanting to be on the top of the scoreboard so they just have to get their kills :rolleyes:

I am definitely jealous. I don't care about kills really, just having fun. If i'm sitting there as a zerker watching SS kill everything then I'm going to feel resentful. Support and Medic weld and heal because it contributes something to the team. Zerkers act as front-line human shields because it (USED TO) contribute something too. Currently, Zerkers wait for a clot to chop or a gorefast to gore but, upon running towards it, find that it's already been killed by an over-eager demo or SS.

From this statement I can tell you are not very good with the Zerker. Dodge the husk, and then in most cases you can get right in his face before he fires again.

In most cases, yes. Manor or West London, open maps, sure.

Office or Biotics Lab, no. At times, It's very difficult to dodge husk fire due to crowded corridors. Even if you do, husks aren't always alone. You have to take out a hallway of clots, CRAWLERS, other stuff to get to it, at which time you'll have taken a fireball in the face. Even more damage if you spent time using your 9mm to take out crawlers.

If anyone replies, "Yeah, that's what your team is for", then it proves the point that berserkers rely on them alot. Too much.

Upvote 0
As a career zerker, I've all-but given up. The Berserker is completely, 100% outclassed. Damage-wise, the ranged classes beat them by dishing out superior damage at longer (Safer) range. It's only role left is really the role of the "Hold the Line" tank, and the Medic far outclasses it at that.

A Medic with a Crossbow and Katana will EASILY outlive a Zerker as a tank, because of their 75% better armor (Vs only 25% damage resist) and ability to heal themselves 50HP every 5 or so seconds.

And other classes already outdamage the Zerker at range, without putting themselves in harm's way in a melee. The Zerker's only real advantage over them are movespeed (Which, if the team is planted in a defensible area, doesn't matter much) and no need for ammo/reloads. Hell, even then, most classes can carry a Katana easily.

It's just no longer a viable class with the new weapons. Anyone who's still playing a Berserker is doing it simply because they like it, not because it's effective, as a Katana/X-Bow Medic or a Commando/Sharpshooter will be far more effective than a Zerker in almost every situation.

So yes, most of us have given up. And it doesn't look like we'll be back soon. They promised us balance fixes 4 months ago...

Upvote 0