• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] S4 League

Dude, seriously no.

Also, I believe Red Orchestra sold around 400,000 copies, am i right? Multiply by an average price of 15 dollars (between discounts, sales, and full price) plus the sales of Killing Floor, which was much more successful than expected and you've got a dev company doing what they want, surviving with enough profit to make their next game..

There is no necessity to degrade the game with the features you put forward. Full stop.

Upvote 0
Dude, seriously no.

Also, I believe Red Orchestra sold around 400,000 copies, am i right? Multiply by an average price of 15 dollars (between discounts, sales, and full price) plus the sales of Killing Floor, which was much more successful than expected and you've got a dev company doing what they want, surviving with enough profit to make their next game..

There is no necessity to degrade the game with the features you put forward. Full stop.

lol, k. Let me start with how much was spent there, before you try to come at me with how much money TW has to spare to create games. TW started with the getting the RO on steam then getting the Unreal engine 3 license. UE3 is what is used for RO:2 and TW gives monies for map contest $10k . Now they need to use what is left over for new develpement and supporting their lifestyles. By my numbers, TW has to keep their day jobs to continue to provide these games at these prices and have extra monies

Upvote 0
lol, k. Let me start with how much was spent there, before you try to come at me with how much money TW has to spare to create games. TW started with the getting the RO on steam then getting the Unreal engine 3 license. UE3 is what is used for RO:2 and TW gives monies for map contest $10k . Now they need to use what is left over for new develpement and supporting their lifestyles. By my numbers, TW has to keep their day jobs to continue to provide these games at these prices and have extra monies

All that info is wrong

Upvote 0
Then you have RO and their stuff but I am a KF player so I dont know about that stuff.

That's right, you don't

So TW never purchased the UE 3 lisence from epic?? Nor was the UE 3 engine used for RO:2?? Nor does TW give give "Monies" for the winners of the map contest?? hhmm sounds like someone needs info

Yes, someone needs info... you need info:

TWI never purchased the UE 3 or UE2.5 licenses, they won them in the "Make Something Unreal" contest in 2004, along with a 300.000$ price (which is far more money than their own contest, which they wouldn't have made if they couldn't afford it). And they did it before selling RO on Steam.

Upvote 0
That's right, you don't

Yes, someone needs info... you need info:

TWI never purchased the UE 3 or UE2.5 licenses, they won them in the "Make Something Unreal" contest in 2004, along with a 300.000$ price (which is far more money than their own contest, which they wouldn't have made if they couldn't afford it). And they did it before selling RO on Steam.

I fail to see how they "Won" the lisence since the contest was sponserd by envidia. Just to add, I really really doubt epic would give a current unreal engine lisence as a prize. Are you serious? Unreal engine 4 release date is in 2012. Maybe then they woud do something like that, but your talking crazy. Thats like Apple giving iphone, ipod, or ipad lisence as a prize for a contest. Does that make sense??

Upvote 0
popcornb.gif

Upvote 0
I fail to see how they "Won" the lisence since the contest was sponserd by envidia. Just to add, I really really doubt epic would give a current unreal engine lisence as a prize. Are you serious? Unreal engine 4 release date is in 2012. Maybe then they woud do something like that, but your talking crazy. Thats like Apple giving iphone, ipod, or ipad lisence as a prize for a contest. Does that make sense??

Can I have some of whatever you're on?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
[URL]http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_makesomethingunreal_winners.html[/URL]

Here it is if you can't be arsed following the link.
Are you ****ing retarded Anubis??? That took me literally 5 seconds to find on Google.

That 'free game' you're hawking here looks absolutely terrible, ****ing anime giant swords and retarded hair can go **** off and die.

Another person looking inside of the box and not looking at what the ideas the game has. I said in my first post if you would have read it that I didnt care for the anime style of the game, but you cant help but play it. You just see a game for visual dont you. Its all looks. You think all that goes into a game is design and some programing to make it work huh?
I am talking to, to many blind ppl, I shouldnt even try to talk to ppl who judge games by visual alone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I two handed facepalmed in real life.

I don't know if the forums will ever recover from this thread.

Upvote 0
It made for a good read, though.

And, if you do look outside the box, the model is valid. I mean, gamers are still being treated all too well, and there is still place to cut some corners and tip the balance of power/responsibility in the transaction of buying a game further in the developer's favour. TWI deserve that, so yeah. Like, yeah.

Upvote 0