• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Whats up with all these people who ONLY play German side

Whats up with all these people who ONLY play German side

• No

Votes: 35 77.8%
  • yes

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
afterall Soviet's were good guys and also an interesting nation 2 play with
Comments like this make me wonder if they even teach history anymore... "Good guys?!" Show some respect for the unaccounted millions of Ukrainians, Poles, ect.. that were killed by that war criminal Stalin and his evil regime there is a reason that it was dubbed the "empire of evil" by President Regan.

Why do you always play German side?
Now as to why people generally team stack one side is usually determined by how well the particular team is doing for example if lets say "X" team wins 2 match people will flock over to that side which causes the losing side to have more people disconnect (rage quitting) that's the way of things for most games. Implying that people do this due to ideological reasons is ridiculous and a bit insulting towards the Ro community.
WSS skin packs.
Those are server run for realism there is also a Soviet padded uniforms amongst other mods, it becomes quite monotonous to kill or play as the same yellow or green soldier on every map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
okay maybe i am. but i do think most german only players are bigger assnuts on average. they have a "i want to be the bad guy" thing.

..sometimes i wonder.

But nutters aside i can see why many ppl chose German.

For the bulk of the eastern front conflict they were the underdog, with generally speaking technically superior equipment and tactical knowledge facing the insurmountable odds of a rampaging, somewhat more primative, enemy that grossly outnumbered them.
This is often the traditional protaganist's role in games.

The thing i like most about RO and the eastern front in general is that there is for me no good or bad side.
It's a stalemate of hatred.

Upvote 0
Despite I started playing RO in Soviet "Realism" units as 110th Tank Brigade and later on 5GTA (The old one), now as [TORO] we train and play both sides, as normally matches have side change in the midtime.
When playing as a mostly russian player I noticed that most "realism" units were german, and most of the SS, and very few regular-Heer units...

Upvote 0