• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Il-2 thread

Indeed it is, and it's good, very good, but.. i miss my mods now, i can't wait till the AAA guys get a new installer out for v4.09M! ;)

And i must say, i'm a bit sad that the game finally has a Danish plane, but it's AI only :(
I'm sure the Dutchies know my pain.

Alas, i can't wait to fly this propperly, i'm sitting here with a broken foot so i can't use my pedals, hopefully by the time i can, there will also be a new AAA installer.

Upvote 0
I'm actually kind of glad I'm playing vanilla IL-2 again. After a while the mods for IL-2 got a little stale: Too many half-assed planes, too many uber-birds and in general too much stuff with little direction. the output quality would've been a lot grater if they had consolidated in mod teams like it is the case with RO. They do that now and also try to bring a little structure into the chaos (unified installer), hope that pays off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's true that many of the "Franken-planes" where quite rubbish (though a few where good), thouse are not what i miss though, i miss the engine and gun sounds that where unique, and not just the same sound for every plane, i miss the much improved Cockpit textures for many of the planes, i miss 6-DOF support for Track-IR, all the little things that made the sim better.

Besides, the

Upvote 0
You will probably have another 2-3 years to earn cash and buy new hardware anyways :p

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the nature looked a bit too "green". A tad to much like super mario land.

Cash is not really the problem for me, i've got enough for several rainy days, the only reason i haven't upgraded yet is that there haven't been any games i cared about that required it (though to be fair, when i build this rig 3

Upvote 0
I recommend getting Paul Lowegrin's IL-2 DCG. It's basically more refined campaign generator that allows basically every operation and theatre from Fall Weiss to last days of Berlin and the Pacific for both single player and cooperative mode.

And in case if you want to mod your game, http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/ is your #1 to find them. It does reguire registeration to download them though, and you might want to stick with 4.08m version as most of the mods (AFAIK) are yet to be ported for the latest patch. There's plenty of interesting stuff, like improved AI, more realistic bridges etc. You can find almost anything in there ;)

Upvote 0
So I've been practicing a lot with the 190D lately and wow, it's a hell of a plane. As long as you stay fast you're untouchable. Only real drawback is poor turning at low speed, but its maneuverability at high speed, even very high speed, is unmatched. Great plane to take snap shots at people with. Roll rate is awesome too and just makes it a blast to fly.

Best prop plane in the game hands down IMO.

Upvote 0