• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ranking up Commando? stalkers...

Ranking up Commando? stalkers...

What is the best way to find more stalkers to kill, I surpass the amount of damage needed by a lot, and now it is just a pain.

For, my sniper perk is higher then commando and I am not even trying to level up the sniper perk.

There is one other way to do it, but it's also a bit long and cumbersome.

Play Beginner on kf_candlesmoke, and go berserker. Have it leveled at least twice. Most zombies won't be able to significantly hurt you. Play through everything normally until you get past the second checkpoint. Pick up the SCAR and kill all those lovely Stalkers. You can get up to 200 that way in a single map.

However, it takes a while and sometimes I think playing through a couple of regular games might be faster, but it's worth a shot. Remember to be a berserker and have it on beginner, else you won't stand a chance against the several thousand zombies the map pits against you.

Upvote 0
hang around biotecs at top of the double stairs which is to the right of the so-called u-shaped room/lab. The come in numbers from the grills in the ceiling.
Playing manor, hang around the boathouse/jetties.
West london they seem more prevelant on the street with the gate at the end. In fact, often wherever you see crawlers, stalkers are nearby.

Wave 4 and in particular 5 seem more stalker heavy, so if continually leveling commando does your head in, try do other perks but concentrate on these 2 waves.

Also when leveling other perks, carry a bullpup if you can just for stalkers becuase of course you dont have to be commando to get your total up. Doing this will make a difference and in fact my lev 5 stalker target was reached a fair way before the damage target was.

Finally, don't be afraid when your lying in bed at night and you see red naked women appearing out of the darkness and trying to scratch you.

Might be saying stuff you already know, but these are my tips for stalkers.

Oh and unless i'm at deaths door i never kill stalkers myself with anything other than the relevent weapon if others have an assault rifle - it just seems a waste.

Upvote 0
Go bioticslab, go commando, and camp the triple stairs area (Next to the U room). Most stalkers spawn there, and on suicidal, you can get up to 50 stalkers a wave.

comfirmation of what i said.
out of interest, ppl say certain maps are good for stalkers - but does this simply mean that all the map's stalkers convieniently spawn in the same place?
(baring maps like candlesmoke and hive)

After all, it certainly appears that the same selection spawns in the same order, dependant on difficulty and playercount of course.
So wave 5 - hard with 6 players will yield exactly the same selection in the same order on manor as it will on mountainpass, amiright?

Upvote 0
For ranking up commando...I dunno I just kind of go with the flow.

I usually go solo in beginner and headshot everything as soon as I get the bullpup. While the spec spawn number is less, and therefore stalker spawn is less, it isn't that small in comparison to the damage being dealt. One less stalker out of maybe five still gives greater fraction of filling your bar than killing a spec with 50% hp over 100% hp.

Solo only long enough until you're bored. Then play multi. Also you can focus on getting stalkers and letting your team take care of the other things.

Upvote 0
For ranking up commando...I dunno I just kind of go with the flow.

I usually go solo in beginner and headshot everything as soon as I get the bullpup. While the spec spawn number is less, and therefore stalker spawn is less, it isn't that small in comparison to the damage being dealt. One less stalker out of maybe five still gives greater fraction of filling your bar than killing a spec with 50% hp over 100% hp.

Solo only long enough until you're bored. Then play multi. Also you can focus on getting stalkers and letting your team take care of the other things.

The LAST thing you want to know is to grind commando. Yes you can make leveling easier by playing X map instead of Y, but there are things every commando should do, and I still see a lot of people never using Semi-Auto, including level 6 commandoes.

Upvote 0
The LAST thing you want to know is to grind commando. Yes you can make leveling easier by playing X map instead of Y, but there are things every commando should do, and I still see a lot of people never using Semi-Auto, including level 6 commandoes.

Yeah srsly. Grinding commando sucked ***. I grinded until lvl 2 and then I said f*ck this. And now I'm lvl 3 because I steal stalker kills :p

But yeah...people should use semi more. I see people spamming ak's while they're surrounded, and it's no wonder they're dying so much. I mean, it's not that hard to aim with the bullpup and SCAR. Aiming with the pup is ridiculously easy even at lvl 0 or 1 since it's so steady for commandos.

Upvote 0
I'm a darn good Commando player and know not to use Full-Auto, not to waste 5 SCAR bullets on a single Clot, etc.

And yet, like a few other perks, I'm only at level 3. I think I'll just get everything else to level 6 before I start on Commando. It's a fun class to play, yes, but it takes the longest to "grind".

I read somewhere that--even with extreme grinding--it takes about 40 hours to level Commando to level 6.

On-Topic: Basically just download KF-Survival, or this/that map, or play in places on the stock maps where Stalkers come from.

...I'm interested in KF-Candlesmoke. What's this about? I think I remember it being a mission based map?

EDIT: Also, OP, isn't this in the WRONG FORUM SECTION? Shouldn't this be in "Tips and Tactics"? For shame.

But it's alright.

Just this once. =]

Last edited:
Upvote 0