• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Sunlight too bright

Cizjut

May 18, 2009
I know I had this question already solved but i can't figure out what did i do the last time:

When I place a Sunlight in an open map is just too bright to look anywhere. I remember i changed the ambient brightness of something and it toned it down the brightness of the sky coming from the skybox, but the sunlight still hits the ground with too much light and makes everything bloom and almost white.

How can I tone it down and make it look more like in the editor?

I haven't changed anything in the bloom options since i haven't meddled with it, never, and haven't modified anything either in this map. It's just a big room with terrain and a WW2 bunker look-like, and the Sunlight. Still i can't find what makes the light so bright, or how to change it/tone down it's brightness a bit.

Upvote 0
Ok, this is going to sound really patronizing, but have you tried reducing the light's brightness? (Properties of the light, -> LightColor -> Brightness)

Default is 64, which shouldn't white-out anything except in combination with the KFColorCorrection feature, but if you are sure neither this nor screwed up Bloom settings are responsible it kind of has to be the light itself, right? Just turn it down a couple of notches.

A screenshot of the map in the editor and a screenshot of the map ingame might help diagnose the issue, btw.

Upvote 0
I haven't changed anything in the bloom options since i haven't meddled with it, never, and haven't modified anything either in this map. It's just a big room with terrain and a WW2 bunker look-like, and the Sunlight. Still i can't find what makes the light so bright, or how to change it/tone down it's brightness a bit.

Try taking all your Zone Info's Ambient Brightness to 0. Also, any surfaces set to unlit? Hit shift + S -> F5 -> Flags to quickly check if you accidentally set something to unlit.

Upvote 0