• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best and worst of suggestion - Look here before posting

Capt. Cool great job. That list was needed.

i think that this thread MUST be TOP-thread

All good ideas ... we've been suggesting these for years

great thread :D have been waiting for someone to collect suggestions for a long time.
keep up the good work!

GOOD JOB! Real good summary of suggestions!!! This deserves a sticky!

What would be useful is making a sticky thread of ideas that are frequently suggested.
Like bullet penetration, flyable aircraft, hip-firing the MG-42, etc.

Great thread.

the list is a lot better now.

it's nice to see which are considered the most important to the community.

Good list.

You will receve a medal for this great work ;)

Thanx for the positive feedback guys! I really appreciate that. :)
Dear mods, can you plz sticky this thread now?

Upvote 0
There is 100% TWI will read/check those suggestion anyway. It shouldn't be sticked cos all threads here have same rights.

For people who doesnt like suggestions posted here - make your own list. You're free to do it, but im pretty sure that over 70% suggestions from Cpt.Cools list will be on yours.

Cpt.Cool when are you going to update your list? I dont want to force you to add my suggestion but its higly recommended: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=41647 :)

cheers

Upvote 0
Personally for me one of the most important topics still seems to be missing though.

Which is suggestions about the actual capturing system for me. IMO the RO cap system was state of the art for me when I started playing in 2004, but after playing for all this time the flaws with it are starting to become more and more apparent.

Whoever holds the biggest/most important ground should in my opinion be the owner of the cap zone, and not whoever got the most people in often desolated corners of the cap zone.

---------------

Here some other suggestions that I think should be in the list:

Removal of enemy presence in the cap bar:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=38874

ability to roll when prone:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=30366

Ability to get different mouse speeds for people without special DPI settings:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=39517

Ability to peek over the machinegun:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=40358

And for the considered list :p

Showing stat based relative difficulty of a server:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=37046

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ammo Carriers

Ammo Carriers

I cannot understand how ammo crates are in the list, but ammo carriers are a no go. For me, something that works in the game is better than something that is completely broken.

First consider that we are moving in the direction of 'Rush' which is undoubtedly the most immersive and realistic game type to date. With this in mind, the game is very fast and makes crates redundant when you are an attacker in the enemy territory. What would make the game work, would be soldiers carrying ammo packs for automatic weapons as they tend to run out quickly. Some rules could then be added:

When the ammo carrier runs out of supplies, he has to wait some time to get replenished. This time limit has to apply even if the ammo carrier dies which means that he will respawn without an ammo pack if the 30 second or 1 minute replenish waiting period has not passed. This will prevent the exploit of committing suicide and amassing mountains of ammunition.

There should be roughly two supply men in a team of 16 each of whom carry set amount of ammo with the relevant replenish waiting period.

When coming under heavy fire the ammo carrier cannot replenish, which in turn gives some force to MGs that can cut off supplies in this way (not entirely sure whether this rule can propely work).

One final point is that this role becomes useless on small scale ‘objective control’ maps , but becomes highly useful on large scale 20 v 20 ‘Rush’ maps. The number of supply men per team and replenish time periods I suggested are wild guesses and will be worked out by devs when fine tuning the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sure, the crates are gamey too, I agree.

But the problem is, that there were no dedicated ammo carriers in Soviet or German platoons. That kind of narrows it down.

The "sort of ammo carriers" can be found from the supply squad of the company. But those guys were not running around in the middle of the combat and supplying ammo. They were responsible for the ammo supply from the battalion to the company level. Then platoon leader or debuty leader was responsible from the supply to the platoon from company level.

Like was stated before, the only "carriers" in the squad were the soldiers who carried ammo for the MGs. In the squad it was the leader who was responsible, that all the men in the squad had ammo. In the platoon it was the debuty platoon leader. They took care that the ammo is divided etc.

But there were no "ammo carrier"-soldiers IRL in the platoon, so why there should be those in game?

And while we are at it, capt. Cool, I think that the topping off rifles should be added to the list on page 1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let us just begin with the soldiers that carried spare ammo for the MGs. From a historical perspective that makes the suggestion valid.

However, it is much more important than that because it adds a lot of depth to the gameplay. It means that one player depends on the other and drives the game away from a free-for-all environment that exists in arcade games. It sits well with everyone's wish to have a team based game and I am surprised not many picked up on this. There is more in the way of tactics and strategy if the MGs can tip the balance of the match and you need to make sure how to keep them resupplied.

Secondly, If you are always forced to throw away your weapon and scavenge enemy firearms when you run out of ammo (and this
increases the likelihood of friendly fire), the game that is meant to be realistic feels and becomes broken. How sensible is it to throw away an mg42 because you have no belts? This is the point which I want many RO fans to understand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let us just begin with the soldiers that carried spare ammo for the MGs. From a historical perspective that makes the suggestion valid.

[...]

How sensible is it to throw away an mg42 because you have no belts? This is the point which I want many RO fans to understand.

Carrying ammo for MGs was done already in RO:OST. Everyone carried one belt/drum/pan magazine. In RO:OST you usually don

Upvote 0
I dont mind histrorical accuracy so much. Nothing is realistic about the type of fighting that you see on maps like Danzig where you know with hindsight where the attackers are coming from. When you know that there are only two narrow paths from which the foe can come, realism flies out of the window. When you have large open environments and it is much harder to predict this, you have some immersion and realism.

So you want a supply class that only resupplies MGs and is bound by the rules in my post? That can be quite good because SMGs will play wisely knowing that no resupplies are available for them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
when you go to a resupply point you get another set of mg ammo as well.

So you already have ammo carriers, just bring your ammo to the mg, go to the resupply post and bring some more to the mg.

But resupply posts will not work in a game like RO. Before you manage to get back to hand ammo to the MG, he will be long dead and nobody wants to be running around and getting ammo to the frontline, hence my post about special rules for replenishing ammo supply.

Upvote 0
But resupply posts will not work in a game like RO. Before you manage to get back to hand ammo to the MG, he will be long dead and nobody wants to be running around and getting ammo to the frontline, hence my post about special rules for replenishing ammo supply.

Currently every single soldiers carries some MG ammo, as it was realistically. Why would you need a special class carrying ammo. If multiple people can share the weight.

There is absolutely no problem with people giving mg's ammo, the +5 points even when an MG doesn't need ammo currently make sure of it. Heck friendly soldiers jump into my own mg fire trying to supply me. Shoot at my foot to make me stop to resupply me. I just don't see any need for a special resupplying class, if the current system is realistic and supplies the mg with plenty of ammo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0