• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Thought I'd pass this little gem along:

Some guys were talking about how great the game was (this is in a BFBC2 TDM non-hardcore server). Comparing it to MW@ and talking about how great the weapons were and that tactics and realism came into play.

I suggested that they try a real game: Red Orchestra.

One replied back (remember this is TDM, non-hardcore) : "Red Orchestra is too easy. Just get a rifle and its one shot one kill."

I chose not to debate him further....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CoD actually is easier on hardcore as you need no skill whatsoever since anything you shoot just dies whereas in non-hardcore you have to aim better than your opponent.
Of course this doesn't translate to RO at all, where aiming is much harder than just twitching over your opponents but if he doesn't know RO and only goes by his experiences in CoD his assumption isn't entirely illogical.

Upvote 0
Thought I'd pass this little gem along:

Some guys were talking about how great the game was (this is in a BFBC2 TDM non-hardcore server). Comparing it to MW@ and talking about how great the weapons were and that tactics and realism came into play.

I suggested that they try a real game: Red Orchestra.

One replied back (remember this is TDM, non-hardcore) : "Red Orchestra is too easy. Just get a rifle and its one shot one kill."

I chose not to debate him further....:rolleyes:
Why would you care? :/ I'm actually rather surprised you got such a nice answer to that jackass statement

Upvote 0
The person simply expresses that he really likes the game, even if he may be naive in what he claims specifically, but he surely doesn't need some wise guy telling him what to play. Just because RO is harder to play doesn't mean it's any more of a 'real game'. So instead of talking like a smart-*** it would be a better idea in my opinion to simply don't mind whatever naive beliefs he might have. I know I'm totally exaggerating but I can't stand this 'We're something better because we play hardcore realism games' attitude in the slighiest bit.

Upvote 0
disagree. i find myself dominating pretty easy in non-HC. every time you get hit/start getting hit just move into cover and you're golden. if someone gets the drop on you in HC your dead 9/10 times. plus most players dont hold their aim steady so if you get into a firefight just keep accurate and you win pretty much every time. HC forces you to use cover and if you make a mistake you're probably dead.

but to change the topic, i use to have massive trouble getting into a server, like once every 20 times. after these last patches i can get in about 1/2 or 1/3 times but then without fail am disconnected within 2min. this is extremely ridiculous especially since im not the only one. there's a 99 page thread stickied in the official forum with the same issues and not a single thing done by EA/Dice after, what, four weeks now?. You'd think after every successive battlefield had horrible networking and horrible interfaces that they'd finally improve. Wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The person simply expresses that he really likes the game, even if he may be naive in what he claims specifically, but he surely doesn't need some wise guy telling him what to play. Just because RO is harder to play doesn't mean it's any more of a 'real game'. So instead of talking like a smart-*** it would be a better idea in my opinion to simply don't mind whatever naive beliefs he might have. I know I'm totally exaggerating but I can't stand this 'We're something better because we play hardcore realism games' attitude in the slighiest bit.
I gave the abbreviated version of the conversation and I didn't use exact quotes, but in essence I was discussing with him that he should try RO if he wanted a really "tactical" game. Never implied I/we/anyone was better than anyone else.

Pardon the brevity of my recap. I just found it amusing that he found RO "easy" because a rifle was deadly. All the while he was comparing two games whose weapons have absolutely no real world characteristics (or player mechanics) as though they were realistic and that TDM play was tactical.

As he had already made up his mind about RO, I ceased further discussion.

But, no need to defend myself. My concience is clear. ;)

Upvote 0
disagree. i find myself dominating pretty easy in non-HC. every time you get hit/start getting hit just move into cover and you're golden. if someone gets the drop on you in HC your dead 9/10 times. plus most players dont hold their aim steady so if you get into a firefight just keep accurate and you win pretty much every time. HC forces you to use cover and if you make a mistake you're probably dead.

but to change the topic, i use to have massive trouble getting into a server, like once every 20 times. after these last patches i can get in about 1/2 or 1/3 times but then without fail am disconnected within 2min. this is extremely ridiculous especially since im not the only one. there's a 99 page thread stickied in the official forum with the same issues and not a single thing done by EA/Dice after, what, four weeks now?. You'd think after every successive battlefield had horrible networking and horrible interfaces that they'd finally improve. Wrong.

Typical European way of going about doing things :)

Upvote 0
I gave the abbreviated version of the conversation and I didn't use exact quotes, but in essence I was discussing with him that he should try RO if he wanted a really "tactical" game. Never implied I/we/anyone was better than anyone else.

Pardon the brevity of my recap. I just found it amusing that he found RO "easy" because a rifle was deadly. All the while he was comparing two games whose weapons have absolutely no real world characteristics (or player mechanics) as though they were realistic and that TDM play was tactical.

Alright nevermind then :)

I think I'm always finished with the SP now, nothing special imo. At some points the linearity is a bit annoying and there are some ridiculous moments(like the arctic chase with helicopters flying after you or the desert mission where you have to fight 2 helicopters with anti-tank missiles). MW1s SP was definitely better I think(but I'm not talking about MW2s hollywood bull****

Upvote 0
This game's problems have put me off from playing it. No reason at all to wait for 10 minutes or much more to even get a game started. That is if you are lucky and don't get disconnection or crash. 1 month and a BETA TO TEST bugs and problems before the release.

I like the game, but it's just too tedious to get to play it. I believe that no one in Dice is actually playing this game on PC or ever tested it, otherwise they would blow this server browser to hell and start from scratch. Currently it feels like a console menu that just got paintshopped to PC and nothing really works, so it's there for looks only.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I honestly don't see what's wrong with the server browser, aside from the fact that pings don't like to show up most of the time. Seriously, what's the problem? It seems to show all the relevant information ...

As far as the loading times ... jeeze, 10 minutes? What's your system? I've got a AMD 9850 - good chip, but hardly top of the line - and my video is ATI, which hurts the loading time, and it loads in 30-45 seconds. Is it a little long? Yeah. Is it quicker than RO - a 4+ year old game!!! - loads a map? Mmmm ... right about the same, I'd say.

Upvote 0

Maybe you shouldn't worry so much about what others choose to play in their spare time and their feelings on a damn computer game vs another game? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
It's not just that it's slow, but by the time I can chooce server the information is all wrong already. You can never know is the server full, how many players ect. once you get to chooce it.

So the process of joining server takes a lot longer than it should, if you end up on a bad server with no teamwork or good teams then you have to make that effort once again. I can live with that for a while, but once I would just want to play it and theres nothing "new" excitement on it, then it becomes tiresome. Even the idea of waiting on menus clicking every possible server to join and waiting that refresh to finish puts me off right away currently.

I have

E8500 dual
2x 4850 Ati
4GB Ram

Nothing wrong with the game, just the menu and server browser. This would be the first game to me that required monster rig just to browse servers :rolleyes:.

Upvote 0