• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Current Map White List

Status
Not open for further replies.
KF-defence-b1, KF-defence-b2, and KF-420-GanjaFarm have been removed from the White List.

If there are more maps that need an obvious exploit checked, please PM me with the name of the map file, a description of the exploit, and a screenshot of the exploit(if possible).

Hooooray! These maps along with doom2 were single handedly destroying the game, imo. Majority of players either playing those maps, or stock maps, and most hardcore to semi hardcore friends of mine already gave up on KF. Then again a lot of ppl who play these maps are lv6 everything anyway, but at least they won't be quite so popular on the vote screen.

Upvote 0
I am sorry but I have to disagree with you about doom2, we keep that map in our rotation as it is one of the most popular maps. Everytime that map pops into the rotation the server fills immediately. We used to vote on which would be the next map to play and over a period of almost 2 months it had more play time than all the other maps combined with a 25 map rotation.

I understand a lot of the hardcore players may not like it but it is one of the most played and favorite of the 150+ maps we have put into the rotation. I do agree about Ganja Farm but at one point even with the fence welded shut the bugs still came through the fence and could get you but nothing else could.

So as long as Doom2 stays whitelisted it stays on our server rotation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We have removed a number of maps due to widely known exploits:

Map file: kf-boink-beta1
Cliff behind the single trader can be camped out of reach, with all-game access.

Map file: KF-Concert_Hall (All versions)
It is possible to drop down on one of the flag poles from above and back up against the wall, which causes all zeds to gather in a tight cluster in front of you, somehow. Total immunity to anything without a ranged attack, and apparently pretty useful for damage farming.

Map file: KF-MosEisley (All versions)
The large 'spacecraft repair bay' things have doors that open/close like a gate and have nothing above them, which can essentially be abused in the same way as the gate in WestLondon, before it was fixed. Get in between the doors, close them, jump and you're on top of 'em. Does not seem to work on multiplayer, but it can be abused for Solo perk levelling in much the same way as the Concert_Hall exploit (only it also works for Demolitions, because you can blow up the zeds without hurting yourself).

Map file: kf-the_rock_beta (All versions)
Top of ladder in elevator shaft can be camped out of reach

Please correct these issues and resubmit them for White Listing if you'd still like them to be White Listed.

Upvote 0
Hey

Hey

Hello again. I just wanted to say I really loved this game; however, the lack of interest lately has killed my server and the desire of many. I am going to cancel my server for now. No sense in busting my but with the whitelisted maps for a server people do not play.

Thank you Tripwire for a great game. I hope you come out with something new soon. God now's my Clan needs a game we can all play and have fun. ;)

New games these days are cool but the cpu requirements are getting up there leaving some people to drool over new processors.

With love and respect.

=TCH=THEDDLE

Upvote 0
It would be nice to get a few additions to the whitelist.

Or just do away with it, I mean honestly who cares how you play the game, if you want to level so be it, you bought it do what you want, those who don't won't, end of story.

I could think of quite a few games that if they had gone this route would not be as popular as they had/have become.

Upvote 0
Or just do away with it, I mean honestly who cares how you play the game, if you want to level so be it, you bought it do what you want, those who don't won't, end of story.

I could think of quite a few games that if they had gone this route would not be as popular as they had/have become.

I don't like the hassle any more than you do, but I think it's worth it to not turn the leveling system into a steaming pile of horse ****.

Upvote 0
Trust me. We went through the get rid of the whitelist like it used to be. It is futile.

Yeah but it shouldn't be, I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone because of it, I mean seriously, its as bad as when MW2 went down for like 3 days, you got like 20 million people that can't play it because they shut down IWNet, **** that I'll never go through that, I bought the game now let me do with it as I wish, I do it the right way as most do, let the small minority that want to just get everything lvl 6 as they wish too.

I don't like the hassle any more than you do, but I think it's worth it to not turn the leveling system into a steaming pile of horse ****.

So what people will play the game how they want anyways, look at perk hacking...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.