• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics I'd like to thank all the Berserkers

Nathuram

Mar 7, 2010
For keeping the scrakes from taking a chunk out of my ***. As a Demo Berserkers are the only thing that keeps me doing my job as Scrakes have an extremely high resistance to explosive damage and using the grenade launchers on them is just suicide as it simply triggers their enrage and demos have no way to defend themselves at close ranges.

I'd also like to curse out all the Berserker's who are too busy chopping the heads off of clots to actually take on the scrakes and just leave the scrakes to kill the demos. I mean come on. When you get swamped by crawlers I'm the first person to lay down a carpet of grenades to clear the whole area around you. How about returning the favour every now and then hmm?

I know people like to complain about the smoke but where there's smoke there's grenade fire and where there's grenade fire there are no more clots, crawlers, stalkers or gorefasts.

Bers' my main class, and first of all I take care of Scrakes, pounds and husks.
But wait, why don't you buy a katana to stop a scrake in an emergency? A melee is a must-have for a demo/firebug.

Only if you don't have anyone to cover up your ***, if you can throw away that katana and add another nadelauncher you increase your damageoutput which is good =)

Upvote 0
i'm just going to say that i hate demos with a firey passion from the depths of hell. them and beserkers. you guys need to learn your place. demos don't belong on the field when i'm there. their damn smoke obscuring my view. i can't count the number of times i've been scoping a fp, when some dumbass demo pops him w/ a nade, screwing my aim, and enraging the fp who then preceds to kill the team.

and beserkers need to stick w/ the small stuff, clots, crawlers, gorefasts, and bloats. leave the big boys to the sharpshooters. i'll never get tired of pissing off the upstart beserkers by sniping off scrake heads and fp's as the beserker is rushing towards them with a freaking knife.

Upvote 0
and beserkers need to stick w/ the small stuff, clots, crawlers, gorefasts, and bloats. leave the big boys to the sharpshooters. i'll never get tired of pissing off the upstart beserkers by sniping off scrake heads and fp's as the beserker is rushing towards them with a freaking knife.

LOL, well if someone is stupid enough to try knifing a fleshpound, its not berserkers problem its the player.

Its not berserkers job to take out smaller crap, he can take out anything but fleshpounds, ranged specimens are just problematic because they can attack him before he reaches them but still its one hit kill for the katana. And I always thought crawlers were something the rest of the team should take care of because its hard for a berserker to hit them without being hit.

Upvote 0
LOL, well if someone is stupid enough to try knifing a fleshpound, its not berserkers problem its the player.

Its not berserkers job to take out smaller crap, he can take out anything but fleshpounds, ranged specimens are just problematic because they can attack him before he reaches them but still its one hit kill for the katana. And I always thought crawlers were something the rest of the team should take care of because its hard for a berserker to hit them without being hit.

serious about the crawlers? i tent to knife them as a sniper so i don't waste deagle/xbow shots. besides, the medic is there to keep the bezerker healthy while i keep the scrakes/fp's dead

Upvote 0
Berserker can very easily kill Scrakes while taking no damage at all using stun lock, so if you see one of them running at Scrake don't shoot it.

And yes the team is suppose to help by killing crawlers, they're the biggest annoyance of berserkers as they're hard to hit with melee and constantly chip away at the armour.

Upvote 0
serious about the crawlers? i tent to knife them as a sniper so i don't waste deagle/xbow shots. besides, the medic is there to keep the bezerker healthy while i keep the scrakes/fp's dead

And yes the team is suppose to help by killing crawlers, they're the biggest annoyance of berserkers as they're hard to hit with melee and constantly chip away at the armour.

Yes I was serious, having played berserker the most out of all perks >_>. Like Temstar said, they are the hardest specimen to hit with melee weapons, without getting bitten. Sure most of the time you can avoid the attacks simply by backing up and letting them jump etc but if you see a group of 6 crawlers, no way you can take them all out with a katana before one of them hits you (assuming you have to worry about those 200 other specimens still loose).

Also, stairs are a huge problem because you always tend to jump on top of the crawlers by accident OR they jump on top of you.

I consider crawlers more annoying than Sirens, Husks of Fleshpounds as berserker, simply because they tend to spawn in huge groups while sirens/husks/fleshpound usually spawn alone (and you can most likely kill a fleshpound with the katana altfire, on normal/hard)

Upvote 0
Berserkers are very effective at Scrakes,

A Berserker should idenity a scrake and take it out. Unless other faster moving Zeds pose a threat (Normally your team can cover you)

Its always nice for me to have a demo firing grenades around the scrake while I take it out. Keeps those gores/stalkers/crawlers off me while concertrating on the Scrake.

A Demo however should be the 2nd choice in taking out a Flesh pounder (Obviously Sharpshooter is 1st)

Upvote 0
"Waah waah please help me while I actively steal all your kills, leaving you blind, shaking your screen. Kill that 1 enemy type I'm bad against while I kill everything else. It's so much more fun that way. For me."

Dude. No.
The first thing I do when playing zerker is getting the hell away from any demomen since they have the habit of nadespamming you, thinking they are "useful".
Besides, have anyone with a crossbow (someone is bound to have one) pick the scrakes off and don't. Shoot. Them.
More often than not do I also see demomen nadespam scrakes.
Yet another reason to get the hell away from them as a zerker.

Last edited:
Upvote 0