• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Desperately need another FlameThrower

zakkshock

May 24, 2009
North Alabama
I'm I the only Firebug out there that feels like we're getting the short end of the stick with all the new updates? There has to be some type of flamethrower in existence other than the fire pisser we know and love.

MVC-flamer.JPG
for instance, I would jizz blood if that were introduced in a coming patch/update.

Anyone else feel the same?

Hmph - Id rather see something more unique.

Like for example the fuel on ground idea suggested before, basically you buy a jerrycan with eg 100 "fuel units", you poor it down to the ground and set it on fire with the flamer or with a lighter that comes along with the jerrycan. The fuel will then burn eg. 10 seconds causing damage on any specimen walking by it. Would be a great defensive weapon and thats what the game needs imo, more defensive weapons.

Another one, the famous flaregun. Loved that weapon in Time Splitters :)

And I think what also was suggested before, was a husk fireball weapon, to be used for long distances. Altho, I think that might not fit in with the current weapons very well.

Upvote 0
ok, how about a compound bow, with arrows that don't have points? instead, they have rags that are lit on fire. That's long-range, single target dots. the arrows don't deal **** by themselves, but the fire will ignite specimens.

oooh! idea! how about a bow that shoots arrows...tipped w/ molotov cocktails? like, instead of the point, a small molly? that way, you'd have long-range, small aoe DOT.

plus, the molly would persist a bit longer than the flame thrower bursts, so it could also ignite specimens that walked through it

Upvote 0